Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 10:09 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Playing drunk vs. sober

Anyone else experience they play alot better the more drunk you get?
Especially as a chanter coming home at 4am after clubbing drunk as a skunk i seem to be the pwnage ~_~ I guess this game gonna make me an alcoholic (not that i wasnt one before but... you know...)

Anyway this post is pointless. Im just fucking bored at work, got the shakes for my EQ fix (and a beer)... 1 hour to go >_<
Old 06-01-2010, 10:20 AM
Sarnak

I used to notice something similar when I'd play billiards. Sober I'd over-analyze every shot, and be too stiff. After a few beers I'd loosen up, play more relaxed and go with my gut instincts more. Improved my game considerably. However, past a certain point, it'd get to be a detriment as balance, co-ordination and depth perception got affected, and then I'd be worse than I was sober [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

EQ is probably the same way in certain respects. Depending on the class you play and the dynamic of what you are doing, the relaxation effect of a 'good buzz' could definitely improve someone's game. Players that are relaxed and not all freaked out by imperfection (extra mobs in the pull, non-ideal class makeup, etc) do much better than ones that freak out and run for the zoneline every time things get a little crazy.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

Mm, this is good/bad.

Playing drunk is fun when you're in voice chat with a lot of people. Lots of hilarious memories from doing this.
It's not fun when you drunkenly decide to bind yourself in the middle of a solb camp. That was very, very not fun.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:56 AM
Orc

Send a message via AIM to EQvet

There's pretty much nothing better than an ice-cold IPA (or 6), Conan the Destroyer / Barbarian soundtrack(s) + EQ. Epic.
Last edited by EQvet; 06-01-2010 at 10:59 AM..
Old 06-01-2010, 11:09 AM
Aviak

Yeah, i've done it before and I'm much better when I'm sober.
Zaredi the War Kitten
Old 06-01-2010, 11:19 AM
Kobold

I don't drink... but years back I used to group with another warrior, who every time she got up to get another beer, would ding. o.o
Old 06-01-2010, 11:42 AM
Fire Giant

That's too long to wait to get another beer, especially during hell levels. Damn.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 06-01-2010, 11:45 AM
Orc

Bum's pulling in a group has been known to cause others to want to play drunk, especially Auena. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Kobold

I play better when I'm drunk. I drive and sing karaoke better as well.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumamgar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I used to notice something similar when I'd play billiards. Sober I'd over-analyze every shot, and be too stiff. After a few beers I'd loosen up, play more relaxed and go with my gut instincts more. Improved my game considerably. However, past a certain point, it'd get to be a detriment as balance, co-ordination and depth perception got affected, and then I'd be worse than I was sober [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm a "golden moment" pool player too. Before the 3rd beer, I suck. After the 4th beer, it all heads south. But I've been known to run tables off the break right around that 3rd beer. Kind of scary, really.

EQ is best played sober by me, of alcohol, at least. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I don't play as well and tend to get really chatty. I'm okay playing the xbox hammered, but smoked libations tend to work a bit better for me with PC games. And I prefer to do that only for something really boring that you have to kind of focus on, like tradeskills or a long camp or something. Honestly, I could count the number of times I've really played EQ drunk on one hand probably, mostly because they stick out in my mind. Like the christmas scotch incident right after Velious came out that I still hear about from some of my friends. Or the night I got lost in RSS trying to find my group....For like an hour. Thank you, rum + pineapple. LOL

Overall I feel like I get more done and play better if I play EQ sober, though. And I know my friend does, even though he insists he plays EQ better on fridays when he's drinking beer. He doesn't. LOL
Last edited by Weekapaug; 06-01-2010 at 01:36 PM..
Closed Thread