Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Yep, I am hoping we can more GM/Dev lead raids each weekend similar to the past one.

I think a couple days notice and you will see the numbers X4 and X5 as word gets out.

Especially if we do as HB suggests and get some proper gear for these encounters. I mean I would like to at the very least have a Quest gem merchant set up so we can at least turn in this SS gear we got to drop during these test raids.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:16 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Laugher

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the reward is getting to help get the content out and a chance to have a tactical advantage over others who didn't test by knowing the ins and outs of the content first.
I feel like this is a good enough reason to be on beta; sure, I have seen Velious, but being that I started well after Velious was new content it has been fun for this reason to go and check out what things con, how easily I can kill, what factions I'm ok with by default etc.

I never raided much velious on live besides ToV with my guild (1 and a half raid dragon zerg) and it was loads of fun. To be able to see the xpac in this state is more exciting as my experience with Velious in this context is very little.

Leveling a new toon for Velious would be nice, but beta has been pretty fun.. we aren't forced to be part of beta nor pay for our time here, so it seems reasonable to me that 1 or 2 days of my playtime during the week be used to help the people who run this server (emphasis on for free to you) establish and confirm their labors and work toward the server since the release of Kunark.

tl;dr? Velious is good, your GMs ask for nothing in return=help a GM brotha out and reciprocate that privilege of free things by beta'ing for free for a day.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by moklianne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There needs to be some real incentive to pull people away from their poopsocking.

It doesn't have to be something that gives them a leg up in the game though. Some ideas are titles, illusion clickies (that don't affect faction), or items with charges that are unique that can't be charged.

I love betas actually and would be actively playing on it if my character was 30+.
if your only character is around lvl 30 you dont need to worry about testing Beta Velious Raid encounters... we are making it sound fun but there are seriously plenty of things to do on the White server that is not raid related.

The faction grind is a simple spam of a hotkey, theres merchants in NRO and thurg with all the spells, instant res, corpse summon and Thurg gate.

Theres a gnome that teleports you to every zone with 1 word. All you gotta do is set up shop on blue with some 20 min farming camp/exp camp and tab to white and explore during down time.

Really tired of people requesting something 'tangible' to keep for their effort of logging in and pressing buttons on their key board when most are already at their keyboards anyway.
Last edited by Erati; 04-21-2014 at 11:28 AM..
Old 04-21-2014, 11:22 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All you gotta do is set up shop on blue with some 20 min farming camp/exp camp and tab to white and explore during down time.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:31 AM
Sarnak

If there was a scheduled "Beta Night" every couple of weeks or so that was supported by the devs/GMs, with some obvious test goals for that evening, then myself and many others would surely be more likely to attend.

For example, a night could be scheduled for everyone to meet at ToV, possibly with some GM intervention, with a focus on testing out the East Wing for a couple of hours. After a couple of hours a head count would be done that would determine whether or not to continue, switch to different content and/or a "Test Quests Hour," or to just give everyone tons of fireworks and booze and see what happens.

I think a lot of us would be willing to give the beta a few hours every so often if we had a designated time and spot to meet at with some GM guidance and a unified mission to complete.

Ingrum Irontoe
Retired Warlord of Brell
"Yeah, I'm kind of a big deal..."
Old 04-21-2014, 11:34 AM
Fire Giant

I would love to help beta test velious. Im new to server though and main is only level 32. If I could use a premade 60 to help test, im more than happy to participate and help expedite the release of Velious. The sooner its released, the sooner the raid scene can move forward and alleviate the top heavy bottleneck. If any GM read this....

Please implement a create character button that will put predetermined BiS for velious testers. Not everyone has level 60s but would still like to help.

Ive got tons of raid experience in TOV and feel like I could help there but dont know how without a maxed character.

Thank you,
Jaylo
Old 04-21-2014, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

Or Ingrum you can hop into TS and ask me for a Velious adventure causing a flurry of hugs from members who havnt seen you in a while leading to a spontaneous snow filled romp !

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] but I agree I would love for them to make like Friday night 9 pm est GM/Dev hosted raids on beta for tuning these encounters.

There is alot to get right.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:36 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingrum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If there was a scheduled "Beta Night" every couple of weeks or so that was supported by the devs/GMs, with some obvious test goals for that evening, then myself and many others would surely be more likely to attend.

For example, a night could be scheduled for everyone to meet at ToV, possibly with some GM intervention, with a focus on testing out the East Wing for a couple of hours. After a couple of hours a head count would be done that would determine whether or not to continue, switch to different content and/or a "Test Quests Hour," or to just give everyone tons of fireworks and booze and see what happens.

I think a lot of us would be willing to give the beta a few hours every so often if we had a designated time and spot to meet at with some GM guidance and a unified mission to complete.
Solid idea.
+1
Old 04-21-2014, 11:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or Ingrum you can hop into TS and ask me for a Velious adventure causing a flurry of hugs from members who havnt seen you in a while leading to a spontaneous snow filled romp !

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] but I agree I would love for them to make like Friday night 9 pm est GM/Dev hosted raids on beta for tuning these encounters.

There is alot to get right.
Haha, I may have to take you up on that offer!

Ingrum Irontoe
Retired Warlord of Brell
"Yeah, I'm kind of a big deal..."
Old 04-21-2014, 11:48 AM
Banned

Isn't lending Nilbog a hand making a good Velious server enough? That's the best reward you could get on this project.
Closed Thread