Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiwi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It doesn't help the Red cause that the same band of proselytes are posting something to the effect of "...you wouldn't have that problem if you played on Red" or "you don't have the balls to play on Red" in Blue thread topics. It's obnoxious advertising. Please stop spamming the blue threads.
Aww don't let that get to you too much. We're all a lot meaner and more obnoxious on forumquest than we are in game. Think that's true of blue server too; just check out the stuff that goes on in RnF! If you come hang with us we'll treat you pretty well [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Great thread Derubael, I'm looking forward to the EVEN BIGGER influx of noobs. Totally making a brand new char for grouping once my semester ends!
Old 04-29-2014, 06:10 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sure there are more ass holes on a server that has a 15:1 player ratio.
That's why I said it's the same percentage, not total number.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's why I said it's the same percentage, not total number.
Gotcha, the server is toxic though.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:21 PM
Sarnak

Please stop spamming the blue server with this stuff if I answer!

I have just always felt that the gameplay mechanics of EverQuest were built with PvE content in mind, and the PvP mechanics were just slapped in there to keep 10% of their player base happy. In my opinion, EverQuest has a terrible engine for PvPers and 14 years of reverse engineering isn't going to fix that (IF you want keep it classic that is)

I would play on a red server if the PvP mechanics were completely stripped away and some real ones were put in.

Ingrum Irontoe
Retired Warlord of Brell
"Yeah, I'm kind of a big deal..."
Last edited by Ingrum; 04-29-2014 at 06:37 PM..
Old 04-29-2014, 06:29 PM
Planar Protector

I feel as if the general atmosphere on red is toxic and not conducive to classic EQ nostalgia. The players there remind me of the type of kids you would experience on xbox live playing Call of Duty or Halo, or maybe WoW even (never played WoW so couldn't say for sure.)

I would however play on red(occasionally) if transfers from blue to red were allowed, with no-drop gear atleast. I only say this because leveling up on that server would prove to be too annoying/not fun for any sane everquest player. The ratio of trolls and ignorant/immature man children on that server to normal people is just too high for it to succeed at this point.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 04-29-2014, 06:34 PM
Planar Protector

Allow trading of in game accts on red and I'd buy one (with platinum!) and tool around over there
Old 04-29-2014, 06:40 PM
Kobold

Wrong thread
Last edited by Rhuma7; 04-29-2014 at 06:51 PM..
Old 04-29-2014, 06:40 PM
Kobold

Why did you quit? You disabled the amazing XP bonus while I was in the middle enjoying the fast paced leveling on my wizard.

What did you like about the server? The Xp bonus.

Would you want to play again? Not anymore. I bet the party exp is great but I never wanted to be grouped up anyway. I rolled a character specifically to solo and explore red99, it was going great until you guys decided to turn it off without a vote. That made me butthurt, and mad. Buttmad. I deleted him in spite.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
If you have never played on Red 99, what has kept you away?
I don't like FFA pvp that's what is stopping me from playing. I like teams. It doesn't matter to me the game, I wouldn't like ffa pvp in any mmorpg.
Last edited by Rec; 04-29-2014 at 06:45 PM..
Old 04-29-2014, 06:44 PM
Kobold

I played WoW almost exclusively pvp for 8 years and loved it, but i would never, ever play on Red99 for several reasons.

1: Everquest classic is a harsh, unforgiving game. When you die, you lose xp, your items are on your corpse and you spawn usually a couple zones away from your corpse. Even with SoW, it's a long trip doing nothing other that traveling. So not only that can happen at any time on a PvP server but your money and 1 item from your inventory gets looted on top of it. LOL.

2: Everquest was never designed to be a PvP game. Even games like WoW, who were designed with a PvE focus, had some sort of PvP balance built in. Devs that created EQ PvP servers basically copy/pasted the server code and modified some bits so that players could attack each other, locked the door and threw away the key.

3: I'm a nice person. No really. I'm not saying that playing on Red makes you automatically a bad person, it's just that i'm an extremely helpful and nice person. I go somewhere and camp is taken? GL man and have a nice day, hope you have your item [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.], playing on Red, i would basically never try to kill or grief anybody, because considering point #1 from above, it would make me feel too bad doing so. So my time on the server would be basically playing PvE and dodging PvP, pointless to play Red then.

On WoW PvP was structured and amazing. I had a reason to heal my friends who were killing alliance, because alliance was standing in the way of the victory, therefore destroy alliance. Logical. On Red, what incentive do i have? Take the camp from a guy? Loot one of his items and his money? What if the guy is a really cool guy? Wouldn't it be better to have him as a friend instead? Logically, having more friends than enemies assures your survival in a harsh environment.
Closed Thread