Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

Default If you aren't playing Velious Beta, you are doing it wrong

A few brave souls tried to 1-group the East Wing, but that turned out to be more or less impossible as the aggro range for the drakes is too large.

So Alunova summoned various mobs for us to the zone in, starting with East trash and including Dozekar and Ikatiar the Venom (we wiped) as we gradually got up to about 18 people. If we'd had more, we could have killed them and tried some of the harder ones.

Its just ridiculous to me that with 1000+ people on Blue constantly no one wants to play Beta. Not only is it something new and fresh (and way, way more challenging than roflstomping Kunark for the 500th time) but the people that do the best when Velious comes out for real are the people who know the zones and encounters from Beta, not the people who spend all their time acquiring Kunark pixels XYZ which will be quickly obsoleted anyway.

TL;DR: If you aren't playing Velious Beta, you are doing it wrong
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 04-20-2014, 04:52 PM
Banned

Wah
Old 04-20-2014, 04:54 PM
Sarnak

Shall I bring my 37 warrior or my 36 wizard?
Old 04-20-2014, 05:03 PM
Fire Giant

Not all of us are stomping kunark for the 500'th time; some of us are doing it for the first or first-with-this-character time.

When you play on beta, what happens to your char when it goes live; all that progress gone?
Old 04-20-2014, 05:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not all of us are stomping kunark for the 500'th time; some of us are doing it for the first or first-with-this-character time.

When you play on beta, what happens to your char when it goes live; all that progress gone?
Yes, I'd also like to know the answer to this.
Old 04-20-2014, 05:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you joined in February, you get a free pass as far as I am concerned. But there are way more people with max toons than there are on Beta.

And I assume that when Beta is over yes, they'll be wiped.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 04-20-2014, 05:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quineloe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shall I bring my 37 warrior or my 36 wizard?
Yup.
48 druid here.
Where you want me?
Old 04-20-2014, 05:18 PM
Kobold

Already tested and got some PoG bugs fixed with IB, tested some weapon procs that got early nerfs/alterations on live, tested some faction stuff and drops in a few random dungeons, and helped out on the stress test recently. Hoping to get more to do some stuff soon, and still havent gotten my water ele illusion from sirens D:
Old 04-20-2014, 05:21 PM
Planar Protector

People still trying to camp their 5th hiero cloak though. All the "when is Velious happening" trolls trying to play EconomyQuest for release night - hyperinflation because of that is going to be so retarded as pixel whores try to take up all the good camps [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Watch 500 people log on though if Rogean/Nilbog promise an exclusive giveaway, the fact is people are too attached to pixel hunting to want to play on the beta server at the moment or are determined to get their 1st/10th character to 60.

Sad really, because the hype was everywhere before it went up.
Old 04-20-2014, 05:22 PM
Banned

You know what thrives pixel hoarding? RMT.
Closed Thread