Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuljin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A major point is the way the Paladin can hold agro very reliably for very little mana, whereas a Shaman will hold agro with Slow which is very high mana and has really nothing to deal with caster spells.
I want to make a point about hate: I know Paladins quite well, and Shamans and Rogues well enough. Aggro isn't such an issue in practice because a) Evade is ridiculously effective, and b) Whatever paltry aggro the Rogue has after Evade cancels out most of it is easily countered by downranked, low-mana spells, whether we're talking about a Paladin, a Shaman, a Druid, or any other caster.

I can think of numerous duo's that work tolerably well with a Rogue--I've even duo'd with them on my Shadow Knight on rare occasions--but I can't think of a whole lot of classes that will routinely *want* to duo with said Rogue. The Shaman won't, usually...he'd rather just go solo 4 things at a time or partner with the local Monk. Necromancers usually hate everyone and want to be left alone. Same goes for Druids or Bards, often enough. A Cleric will usually be looking for an Enchanter or a group. That might be the biggest reason for a Rogue to try to duo with something like a Paladin or Ranger or some such....they're perhaps the most likely folks to be willing to try something so non-conventional. Of course that's not relevant if you're talking about a pre-made group, but should be considered by anyone else. If I was a Rogue, I'd probably ask a Necromancer or Druid or Shaman first...but when they said no I'd probably give the local Shadow Knight or Ranger a try.

Danth
Old 12-27-2014, 10:17 AM
Sarnak

This is what it looks like when someone has no idea what they are talking about:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumyums Inmahtumtums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Racial xp penalty isn't shared, just class.
Old 12-29-2014, 03:27 PM
Sarnak

Ranger+Rogue is ridiculously fun in outdoor zones. Not so bad in indoor either. The ranger's spellbook and fundamentals compliment a rogue in many aspects better than a paladin. I say this as a huge paladin fan mind you.
Last edited by wycca; 12-29-2014 at 03:31 PM..
Old 12-30-2014, 11:30 PM
Banned

rogue/shaman

can net good xp and camp a lot of items in many dungeons, speaking from experience here

here's my guide

1-50

: let shaman solo to level 50 then PL you

51 - 60

: let shaman solo to 60, then PL you
Closed Thread