Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2013, 08:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WOW!

Rogean, what took you so long? This shit was the reason countless people including myself quit.

BRAVO!

I hope the server doubles its population now.
It was the reason I quit.

Now all we need is a new server that isn't plagued by the artifacts of duping and exploiting and I am ready to reroll.

It is a much better idea that a silly Teams99 server. Who plays on red anyways?

Anguish - Troll Oracle
Old 12-25-2013, 08:22 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
plagued by the artifacts of duping and exploiting
its not. time to reroll [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-25-2013, 08:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its not. time to reroll [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How long were people allowed to exploit the King camp in Sebilis via the invis bug?

I have assisted in bringing at least 50 fungi tunics onto the server via this method and I am willing to bet over 1000 have flowed onto the server because of this.

Are you going to remove all of the duped plat from the economy? That wouldn't be fair to all those that were dealing honestly and received this plat.

Anguish - Troll Oracle
Old 12-25-2013, 10:11 PM
Planar Protector

yeah, there is a good point about server being tainted by dupes and exploits.

should we wipe it though? no

is P99 v2.0 going to be better, if it ever happens? i think so, yes.
Old 12-26-2013, 05:57 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droll [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do not unban any of these accounts.

Most individuals must have been well aware of these actions.

They deserve to be punished! 2 - 4 weeks is nothing.
The 2 people in question knew that they would be out of TMO if anyone knew that they were duping items. None of us knew, and If you read Rogean's post YOU WILL SEE that He says that Most of the accounts are innocent of any wrongdoing. We are being suspended for letting someone log into our account (perhaps to get them out of a kos raid zone or rez people).

I thought the risk I was taking was that If they stole my items, or did something against server rules WHILE they were on my Character, I would be punished or suffer the loss of the item (s).
Rogean wants us all to know and he is sending a clear messages that if you share your Account information that you will be held liable for anything that person has done in since the creation of his (her) account IF it is as severe as duping items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systolic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All I have to say is

I TOLD YOU SO
Systolic You are a silly little man, did you read, 2 of the 3 people out of 150 (active TMO) were involved in this. TMO has no culture of cheating the server. There is no massive hack that TMO has done. TMO's bank is secure, Items are all accounted for and there is no exploiting. So, exactly what are you thinking that you predicted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjolvar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I propose that everyone now refuses to group with anyone holding a TMO guild tag. Let this guild shame itself out of existence.
Why would you propose such a thing, I think its because you didn't read Rogean's post to which you are responding carefully. Please re read it. Then if you truly believe what you are posting, be a Man and post your in game name so we can know who to avoid. I certainly don't want to help someone who desires to make me a pariah.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:41 AM
Aviak

Of all the accounts that got banned because they were linked to the '2' cheaters are we all supposed to believe no one knew?
Every one of the other 84 accounts were just innocent bystanders and had no clue?
Or is that the plea they taking hoping the GM's believe it?
I find it impossible to believe that you people with banned accounts had no idea...84 of you with not a clue?

You guys are not that dumb
Old 12-26-2013, 10:22 AM
Planar Protector

i really don't think there was a mass-conspiracy in TMO

too many people in that guild, including at least a few internet white knights

someone would have squealed
Old 12-26-2013, 11:17 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by toosweet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Of all the accounts that got banned because they were linked to the '2' cheaters are we all supposed to believe no one knew?
Every one of the other 84 accounts were just innocent bystanders and had no clue?
Or is that the plea they taking hoping the GM's believe it?
I find it impossible to believe that you people with banned accounts had no idea...84 of you with not a clue?

You guys are not that dumb
of the 86 accounts, 8-12 probably belong to Froovs and Node which will be perma banned.

Innocent are , 5-9 are owned by members and used by the guild as trackers/coth taggers. Both Froovs and Node are Long time members who over the years had been given access to others accounts to accomplish certain tasks (getting a char out of kos zone, rezing people, running the char to get a loot that dropped that was going to rot etc.) He/they did not use others accounts (to the best of my knowledge) for whatever duping they were doing. The rest of the accounts belongs to TMO and others, who had no idea that there was any duping going on.

There was no conspiracy, because Froovs and Node knew TMO would remove them from the guild if it was known. They hid it well, they didn't have the outward appearance of exceptional in game wealth.

These many accounts, the owners are guilty of allowing someone else to log on to, and thus, since the two had done bannable things on their own accounts, our accounts have to be "audited" so to speak to make sure that we are innocent as we are claiming. It might be just me but, 3 years of potential transactions, per 70+ accounts 2-4 weeks, seems like the GM/Guilds are working really hard to clear this up in an expedient manner.

I want to take this opportunity to ask Rogean to forgive me for my outrage at what felt like he was telling the whole server that my guild and myself as an individual was a cheater. If you read Rogean's statement he is specific about our innocence. But, the trolls of the server, and players that didn't read it well, jumped to conclusions about whether we all were involved.

By banning/Suspending our accounts, and suspending us from raiding for sharing account information. The have sent a clear message to EVERYONE on the Server.
1. If you find an exploit/cheat report it immediately or you and all your friends/mates will potentially be banned / or suspended for extended periods.
2. If you share your password with anyone, you take on All of the potential sins that they have committed over the years.

THAT is the Lesson here, Not TMO is full of cheater.
Old 12-26-2013, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by knix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
of the 86 accounts, 8-12 probably belong to Froovs and Node which will be perma banned.

Innocent are , 5-9 are owned by members and used by the guild as trackers/coth taggers. Both Froovs and Node are Long time members who over the years had been given access to others accounts to accomplish certain tasks (getting a char out of kos zone, rezing people, running the char to get a loot that dropped that was going to rot etc.) He/they did not use others accounts (to the best of my knowledge) for whatever duping they were doing. The rest of the accounts belongs to TMO and others, who had no idea that there was any duping going on.

There was no conspiracy, because Froovs and Node knew TMO would remove them from the guild if it was known. They hid it well, they didn't have the outward appearance of exceptional in game wealth.

These many accounts, the owners are guilty of allowing someone else to log on to, and thus, since the two had done bannable things on their own accounts, our accounts have to be "audited" so to speak to make sure that we are innocent as we are claiming. It might be just me but, 3 years of potential transactions, per 70+ accounts 2-4 weeks, seems like the GM/Guilds are working really hard to clear this up in an expedient manner.

I want to take this opportunity to ask Rogean to forgive me for my outrage at what felt like he was telling the whole server that my guild and myself as an individual was a cheater. If you read Rogean's statement he is specific about our innocence. But, the trolls of the server, and players that didn't read it well, jumped to conclusions about whether we all were involved.

By banning/Suspending our accounts, and suspending us from raiding for sharing account information. The have sent a clear message to EVERYONE on the Server.
1. If you find an exploit/cheat report it immediately or you and all your friends/mates will potentially be banned / or suspended for extended periods.
2. If you share your password with anyone, you take on All of the potential sins that they have committed over the years.

THAT is the Lesson here, Not TMO is full of cheater.
Knix its just best to ignore these threads and these trolls and let it be

Old 12-26-2013, 02:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocsucow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Knix its just best to ignore these threads and these trolls and let it be
I would but, this thread is in important announcements and leaving it with such inaccurate assumptions to me is unpalatable. I would much prefer that the thread was locked after Rogean's original post and all the replies be erased .