Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 03:02 AM
Planar Protector

Default Warrior Dex Proc Rate / Dex Gear Questionsss

So I was wondering about Warriors and Dex and how much dex actually effects the proc rates of warriors weps? Ive heard things like using a fast main hand with a big dmg off hand can tank just as well as proc weapons, but then others have said that tanking warriors HAVE to use procing weapons.

So my questions are...

1) How much dex should a warrior go for is he plans on tanking?

2) How much of a difference does high / low dex actually make when it comes to procing weapons? Is it only like a small 2-3% chance, or is it more like 20-30%?

3) Can someone give a general list of the most common +dex items that warriors usually use, without sacrificing other needed stats like HP / AC etc.?

edit: 4) Also, does anything else effect the chance to proc a weapon? ie: Weapon skill?
Last edited by VincentVolaju; 06-20-2011 at 03:06 AM..
Old 06-20-2011, 04:07 AM
Banned

1) it is probably your primary stat, tied with stamina
4) the only other things that are supposed to AFFECT the chance to proc a weapon are innate weapon proc rate and speed changes to your attack.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:32 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1) it is probably your primary stat, tied with stamina
4) the only other things that are supposed to AFFECT the chance to proc a weapon are innate weapon proc rate and speed changes to your attack.
Assuming the server uses the same "procs per minute" system that live used, this is correct. To be more specific, haste will decrease the chance to proc per swing because proc rate is based on an average number of procs per minute.

For example, say you have a weapon with 60 delay (for the sake of easy math) that has a proc rate of 5/minute. That means that it has a roughly 50% chance to proc per swing (10 swings per minute, 5 procs per minute).

If you get a 50% haste with that weapon, it drops the delay to 45. Now you are taking 15 swings per minute rather than 10, and because of that your chance to proc per swing drops to 33.3%. The weapon will still proc an average of 5 times per minute, but has a lower chance to proc per individual swing. And before you ask, yes, being slowed does increase your chance to proc per swing since it decreases your swing rate without affecting PPM.

That being said, I do not know if dex modifies the calculated proc chance per swing or the procs per minute. Given that the PPM is likely an integer, it's more likely that dex modifies the proc chance rather than the PPM, since it's already a small integer and even increasing it by +1 could be anywhere from a 20% to as much as a 100% increase in proc rate.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...&postcount=144

Post by kanras. It's a sliding scale, the more dex the more often you proc. 200 dex has about twice the proc rate of 100 dex.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 06-20-2011, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

Kanras, if you read this. Could you answer me this:

Is the proc-per-minute based on that individual weapon or is it based on your primary/secondary hand slots?

IE: If I have 4 weapons which proc on my character. If I attack something and weaponA procs, then weaponB procs. Can I swap to weapons C&D in my hands and then have the same chance of proc'ing them both again within a short period of time?

Basically, if I were to swap to a different weapon each time I got a proc off, would this effectively increase the number of procs I'm generating over-time or is it static and tied to my hands, not the actual weapons?

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:41 PM
Fire Giant

It doesn't work like that. Procs don't have an internal cooldown or anything. They have a procs per minute (PPM) value that gets translated into a percentage chance per swing to achieve an average of x PPM, the chance depending on the delay of the weapon. Most weapons have the same proc chance, and so a 40dly weapon's proc will have twice the proc chance of a 20dly weapon with a proc. There's the occasional exception; the Ykesha proc supposedly has a 25% higher frequency than the basic proc rate that most weapons have, and later on (not relevant here), those summoned cleric hammers will have absurdly high proc rates. Haste actually reduces your proc % per swing, but since you swing more often, it results in the same average PPM; haste doesn't make you proc more often.

In simple terms: any given weapon has an inherent proc % that translates into a PPM value typically identical to most any other weapon that procs. With every swing you make, the game rolls virtual dice to see if you proc. Even if a weapon has 2 PPM, you can proc twice in a row on two consecutive swings, or you can go three minutes without a proc.

In simpler terms: procs are simply "x% chance on hit: whateverproc".
Last edited by greatdane; 06-20-2011 at 01:46 PM..
Old 06-20-2011, 01:46 PM
Fire Giant

It makes a big difference since the last patch. Proc rate used to be pretty much insane all the time here on P99, but now I only really notice an increase in proc when I am grouped with a high level Shaman who buffs my DEX.

That said, I didn't put any starting points in DEX and I'm not regretting that. There's plenty of high DEX items.

DEX items: Cloak of Shadows (13 DEX), Grotesque Mask, Gangrenous Beetle Mask (more AC), Indicolite Breastplate, Indicolite Bracer, Forest Loop, Indicolite Vambs, Inidicolite Gaunts, Carnal Pauldrons, NoS, Runebranded Girdle, RBB or Belt of the Four Winds

The WIKI is also extremely helpful for this: (Sort slots by DEX)
http://wiki.project1999.org/index.ph...rior_Equipment

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 06-20-2011, 01:55 PM
Banned

baalzy, i think weapons have their own proc modifier that's independent of dex and primary/secondary. The modifier i think is based on the PPM. So a certain weapon, say an obsidian shard, may have a higher innate PPM than a yak with all other things being equal. Swapping weapons to get more procs or haste (swings per minute) don't have any impact on procs whatsoever. I'm not sure how an innate proc would factor into the above and with regards to haste, as it isn't tied to a weapon but an actual hit, but that only applies for NPCs anyway.

greatdane explained it well.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

Ah, i was just hoping to game the system by constantly swapping in new weapons but if it's just a % that gets modified by dex (upwards) and haste (downwards) then it wouldn't matter.

Red99

Closed Thread