Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 05:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaffin 7.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
have no idea who anita is and dont really care
Old 09-03-2014, 06:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eunomia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not yet...

Women's suffrage in the United States was achieved gradually, at state and local levels during the late 19th century and early 20th century, culminating in 1920 with the passage of the Nineteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution, which provided: "The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex."

Things do change.
83% of a change....
Old 09-03-2014, 06:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion_Standing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh so that is what she really means? Thanks to this MAN for stepping up to clarify what this woman is trying to say to us. I guess she is just so dumb that she can't convey her message properly?

Gotta love that old timey good intentioned sexism.
I was just explaining the way that I took meaning away from her videos. It's a personal opinion. I'm not defending her, I do not think her videos are very well made, and I honestly think most of her opinions and examples are shallow or incorrect. That doesn't mean that I cannot examine her message for content I find should be overall agreeable for everyone. If that makes me sexist then that is fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KagatobLuvsAnimu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And that's one line in over half hour of a video. Do you know what she said right after that? "While it may be comfortable to think that we have a personal force field protecting us from outside influences, this is simply not the case. Scholars sometimes call this type of denial the 'third person effect' which is the tendency for people to believe that they are personally immune to media's effects, even if others may be influenced or manipulated." She needlessly tosses around some fancy rhetoric for a while and goes on to say... "In short the more you think you cannot be affected, the more likely you are to be affected".

If you can say with a straight face that you believe a single word of that tripe... I don't even have a response. It's literally pulled from her ass. She got $158,000 to make the video and couldn't credit a single source. See the bullshit with your own two eyes.

The SJWs keep pushing this idea that Anita gets this flack because she's a female. This is incorrect, she gets this flack because she's a liar and a manipulator. She got a ton of flack because she went to 4chan and said "come at me bro" and yet still had to fake her own death threats!

So then you change the tune to "don't concentrate on the lies, concentrate on her message, despite the fact that she's a liar it's a good message overall." The message is full of these same lies. Why do you think a message full of lies is a good message?

"No, ignore the lies. Look at the deeper meaning behind it all!"
The message is based upon a multitude of lies to push an agenda. She's already profited a great deal from that very agenda...
Sorry, I was not trying to push any agenda. I do believe in my example I gave a pretty thought provoking example of a female character that struggles with an interesting and even real world issue. It was interesting that by watching her videos it brought me a little further out of the autopilot I normally experience when I play games.

So in essence I really do not care that much about her message/her, I do think that people are horrible and she could easily fake the death threats, she could pay a company to create shill twitter accounts, she could go on to 4chan and make posts about harming herself from a third person anonymously and the issue behind all of that is we just have no proof on either side. So if you do not have real concrete proof on either side, you can do a couple things, you can be a really awful human being and accuse her of faking it all. You can be neutral and try your best to ignore it (which I think kind of sucks, but it's probably the best option if you're not into potentially wasting time), or you can just believe her and hope that it all works out OK in the end and that people stop being shitty.

Personally, I like to try and ignore it for the most part. There was a small outburst on Twitter today from a comic artist I follow about how everyone should show Zoe Quinn a little solidarity and if you're a guy go yell at your fellow dudes about how shitty they are and to stop harassing her. My issue with that is simple, I don't know anyone that gives a shit about what is going on with Zoe Quinn. None of my friends in real life give a shit, if I came to you guys and said back off of her you'd tell me to fuck off because you're not doing shit. Really, it all comes down to the frustration of an anonymous attacker and having no idea where to vent your frustration and anger. If you're spending your time yelling out on twitter you may as well be screaming at a wall.

Anyway, sorry if I offended anyone.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:17 PM
Planar Protector

Grim, never apologize to RNF.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:38 PM
Planar Protector

TLDR 11 pages of:
KpedoBob trash talking some internet person
Iruinsomething trying to white knight said internet person

anything worth noting that I missed? stop skimming at page 5.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:40 PM
Banned

I not kindly asked people to stop posting.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:58 PM
Banned

Ironic considering who your avatar is.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:02 PM
Banned

^
That was directed at Danyelle
Old 09-03-2014, 08:17 PM
Sarnak

Ok, I'm behind the times, what the hell does SJW mean?
Wolfang: Human Monk

Estolcles: Human Paladin
*Thread postings and responses are 99.9999% of the time not representing the thoughts and beliefs of Europa, including any/all of it's members and officers.

"You chicken chokin' pecker puke!" ~Terry Funk
Old 09-03-2014, 08:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estolcles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok, I'm behind the times, what the hell does SJW mean?
I think it means that if someone calls you that you are wrong.
Closed Thread