Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 05:43 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Hello all! Also, need advice!

Hi folks,

Nice to meet you! I played EverQuest up until the mid- to late stages of Luclin before quitting. Prior to Luclin, I was an avid EQ player from the start and was a happy servant of the Guide program for a long while. What's there today just isn't the same as what's here, so I'm hoping to make friends and have a lot of fun. Physically disabled and never far from my computer, so I've got the time!

Now, on to the part of needing help. Namely, I need help with choosing a class for my main this time around! I know this is really a decision only I can make, but I can list my (very basic) wants and gratefully take opinions. I have two conditions, 1) not a druid, since this was my main the first time around, and 2) a class which is not going to get everyone killed upon the slightest slip-up, as I like to be helpful but do not need quite that level of stress.

Glad to be here, and thanks in advance!
Old 06-27-2017, 04:04 AM
Fire Giant

Ok, so don't be an enchanter. Cleric slip-up's can also be devastating, but usually you have more time to react as a cleric.

I think you should play a DPS class. If DPS is doing something stupid, usually the consequences are not that bad. Do rogue, magician, maybe necro if you want more complexity. Ranger might be OK as well.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:03 AM
Planar Protector

Shaman's are cool for solo and raiding (if you can tolerate buffing) Very useful in raids, some mobs you need to slow but shouldn't cause any trouble doing that. Necro is cool utility and good at solo. Rogues are nice if you like grouping and such.

Skarry 60 Assassin | Kumack 60 Oracle | Gyrgol 60 Oracle | Eregion 54 Illusionist
Old 06-27-2017, 08:33 AM
Kobold

Yeah the big question is do you want to be able to solo when you can't find a group
Old 06-27-2017, 08:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebroin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi folks,

Nice to meet you! I played EverQuest up until the mid- to late stages of Luclin before quitting. Prior to Luclin, I was an avid EQ player from the start and was a happy servant of the Guide program for a long while. What's there today just isn't the same as what's here, so I'm hoping to make friends and have a lot of fun. Physically disabled and never far from my computer, so I've got the time!

Now, on to the part of needing help. Namely, I need help with choosing a class for my main this time around! I know this is really a decision only I can make, but I can list my (very basic) wants and gratefully take opinions. I have two conditions, 1) not a druid, since this was my main the first time around, and 2) a class which is not going to get everyone killed upon the slightest slip-up, as I like to be helpful but do not need quite that level of stress.

Glad to be here, and thanks in advance!
Welcome!

Rogue is a great option for group DPS. Their epic is easy to acquire (25k for full MQ), hard to make a big mistake, etc. However, your solo ability will be quite poor.

Shaman are always sought-after group mates. Extremely powerful late game...but at a cost. Their spells are very expensive. You can solo as well if you can't find a group. Shaman is THE late-game choice if you feel like you're going to be putting a lot of time into this main character.

Mage is a great starter class. You don't need any gear to be effective, welcomed in groups but can also solo, etc.

Cleric will be basically group-only unless fighting undead mobs. Always needed in the popular grouping zones, pretty easy epic, etc.

SK would be the best option if you're looking to tank...but from your post it sounds like you're steering away from that role.

Good luck!
Old 06-27-2017, 09:16 AM
Sarnak

You could play a Monk, or a Bard.

Both are always needed in groups. And if you roll on Red, I can help with some items and get you into our static leveling group [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Get to 60 fast!
Old 06-27-2017, 05:18 PM
Decaying Skeleton

HI all,

Just wanted to thank those who replied for their suggestions! I had started an Enchanter given I like a lot of what they can do, but I don't like that they'll eventually become a 'fail and everyone dies' class. Not up for that.

I think it'll be down to Magician or Shaman. I ... don't suppose anyone could help me out a little bit with getting started, maybe, possibly? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] If I had to lean one way or the other, I'd probably end up with shaman.

Nobody really said much about ranger, though it was one of the first suggestions. Not a good choice?

I do wish we had Berserkers in this era. On Live, they work for me. Very straightforward but you don't feel like you're useless.
Old 06-28-2017, 01:51 PM
Decaying Skeleton

does anyone know how long it takes usually for a moderator to review a post and make it visable? i would like to fix this issue and play lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread