Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 11:38 AM
Banned

I owed a friend a favor. Was sitting on his toon when the chardok aoe nerf hit. I was against chardok aoe and never leveled my own toons that way. It was beautiful to see the wipe but like you said the damage from that is done. It Really really congested the top end and allowed many people to get max level without mastering their class.

No need to nerf anything what you're experiencing is classic EQ. Have and have nots. It would be nice if the farmers would pass on some noob showing up for his epic fight/drop.... but without superior people skills you'll prolly be forced to buy it so the goons can pay their rent xD
Old 06-27-2017, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is no middle ground without a guild rotation for mobs. There is not a way in classic EQ to stop the unemployed from pumping countless hours into the game and becoming more powerful than the casual who plays an hour or two a night and a few hours on the weekend.
In some ways I find this to be fairly true. The problem with this theory is you are compartmentalizing people into too small of boxes.

There are many people working long hours/employed who have big families that pour tons of time into this game raiding and even tracking mobs for the big raid guilds.

Just as there are unemployed/handicapped/single men and women that have more time at home who do not engage in these activities in the game.

I believe it has little to do with a persons employment status or physical condition that leads to poopsocking and raiding hardcore on this game tracking mobs etc. Some of the most hardcore poopsocking players I have seen on p99 have been employed and even have their own families.

It seems to be a mental aspect driving some players to go hardcore for pixels, not so much just a matter of their employment status etc.

I feel like you are choosing to ignore this, and run this idea/agenda because you and others would like to think someone has to be lesser or inferior to you IRL (in your mind) because your pride won't allow you to think someone who is just like you; employed/family oriented/etc. could possibly be able to poopsock and raid hardcore on p99.

This is the truth. There are many gainfully employed players who are mothers/fathers that find the time in their lives to raid dragons. Whether they are meeting the responsibilities they should with their jobs and families is unknown.

I do agree though, it's too bad there is no way to find a even ground to spread the pixels better.
Old 06-27-2017, 11:53 AM
Banned

I think it's proven norrath doesn't give af about real life^

I'd also like to point out them farming those mobs is really no diff than you (Schnick) farming EC tunnel. Everyone is on a diff quest and it's easy to point the finger at so and so but in the end we are actually alll really similiar ... from csg rustle a/a just diff levels of immersion and goals....
Old 06-27-2017, 12:01 PM
Banned

I use the phrase 'the unemployed' loosely and more figuratively than literally. I see it as interchangeable with 'neckbeard'. But the fact of the matter is that unless we get consistent server resets (we don't) so that mobs are not in window for 4-5 days a week at all hours of the day/night, then 'the unemployed' starts to become way more literal because 'normal' people can not log in at noon to kill Vulak. Quite frankly unless I ONLY raided, I wouldn't have the RA or any time to level alts and actually enjoy P99, so now I only raid when I want to and am fine knowing my loots will be minimal. People can play however they want, its just the way things currently are suck for anyone with something other than EQ to do.

TLDR - RESET THE F#CKING SERVER SPAWNS
Old 06-27-2017, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I use the phrase 'the unemployed' loosely and more figuratively than literally. I see it as interchangeable with 'neckbeard'.
gotcha.
Old 06-27-2017, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

There's only three sure ways to 'fix' these issues:
1. Forced rotation.
2. Instancing.
3. Wipe server every now and then.

Take your pick!
Old 06-29-2017, 07:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's only three sure ways to 'fix' these issues:
1. Forced rotation.
2. Instancing.
3. Wipe server every now and then.

Take your pick!
Instancing would be closest to a classic experience, since classic had instances, AKA other servers to play on.
Old 06-30-2017, 01:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Instancing would be closest to a classic experience, since classic had instances, AKA other servers to play on.
Mindblown.
Old 06-30-2017, 02:49 AM
Kobold

All this drama and you're all still so afraid of playing on a pvp server there's only crickets over there.
Closed Thread