Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 02:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya not reading this shit
Get lost
Old 06-26-2017, 02:43 PM
Banned

Will play when Beastlords are available. I aim t complete the Epic and then will probably unsubscribe
Old 06-27-2017, 12:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya not reading this shit
Make sure you cup the balls while you're down there, princess.
Old 06-27-2017, 01:43 AM
Planar Protector

Well, with my billing issues DBG gave me a few free days to try out while they work out what happened to my payment.

I rolled an erudite paladin, Odus is quiet as hell (I shoulda known that and rolled somewhere busier to get a sense of community).

I fought my way to Paineel because the tox forest newbie zone is too sparse. Killed a bunch of decaying skeletons in paineel then carted the bone chips back to erudin to receive a boat load of spells, weapons and some raw hide armor and about 16pp in cash (spent on a 8/40 morning star).

Lots of vanilla raid bosses going down all the time, which I suppose is fun, but perhaps detracts from the magic of killing something rare.

The only 'this is not EQ' moment I had was being able to swim into the hole without a key. I made a little use of the map, which was nice, but not that different to having a side window with the zone map in anyway. Didn't die though, so never got to see what respawning fully geared felt like.

I realised I made a mistake when I swam into the hole; there were plenty of necromancers in there I could have sold my 100 bone chips to there for significantly more money, and then perhaps bought a burning brand / mudman enforcer cheaply in zone.
Old 06-27-2017, 02:37 AM
Planar Protector

If you're joining Agnarr to relive classic, you're probably going to have a bad time. I'm confident that most people joined the server because it's stopping at PoP, which is the main attraction.

It's also kind of cool they worked out an agreement with eqmule to disable MQ2 on the server. Even though it's not that hard to get it working again, at least I'd say probably 80% or higher don't know how.

With Theybreak Games struggling, this may be one of the last chances to relive PoP on live. Enjoy it for what it is, or not.
Old 06-27-2017, 03:24 AM
Planar Protector

Oh, absolutely not joining to relive classic (but would like to enjoy pre-kunark, I always claim to prefer the unexpanded itemisation, so this is my chance).

I'm more likely to give it a serious look-in towards the end of the expansion cycle. I love me some LDoN, but the idea of era appropriate pre-pop instanced raiding actually has started to intrigue me.
Old 06-27-2017, 02:25 PM
Fire Giant

i rather have OoW locked server then PoP imo
Old 06-27-2017, 02:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallanor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I haven't actually read through this thread, but I'm sure most of this has already been covered. But I'm bored, so here's my totally unnecessary review of Agnarr for anyone considering trying it out:

Agnarr was great fun the first few weeks. Leveling in rags with a bunch of others noobs also in rags was hilarious and super nostalgic. It didn't take long for that excitement to wear off though.

Almost everything else is a downgrade from P99. The "updated" zones are just awful, especially Freeport and Highpass Hold. Experience is waaay too fast in groups and you blow through the teens and twenties almost before you have a chance to buy new spells. Things are just really easy in general (instances, no corpse runs, nukes are super beefed up, etc.) Cash shop items are just ridiculous and immersion-breaking, even if they're mostly cosmetic. And the worst thing by far is all the Krono farming at high levels that encourages antisocial neckbeards with mage box armies to dps race for anything valuable. I would not recommend the server to any P99 refugees.

It did get me super excited about the potential of a Green99 recycle server though. That's the sort of thing that would definitely bring me back to this game.
QFT, only I got bored in a week.
Old 06-27-2017, 03:54 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Why would you do that? Beastlords are he definition of trash dumpster for a long time.
Interestingly on Takp where the zones go up to Velious but Beastlords are present, they can be VERY strong on longer targets. On AoW last weekend the lone BST was competitive with all the high gear monks on the raid and can only be significantly beaten by single box rogue.
Old 06-28-2017, 01:37 AM
Kobold

Nope. Far more accurate actually. Though the timeline snapshot is when monk tanking was really weak.
Closed Thread