Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 04:57 PM
Banned

Another bda meltdown thread
Old 06-11-2017, 02:43 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Ha apparently they already had to ban one of their lead GM's. Fantastic Stuff.
Old 06-14-2017, 07:56 AM
Decaying Skeleton

The whole situation seems exceptionally poor. Some pieces of the server looked interesting and I initially assumed that many of the posts here and on EqEmu were just trolls, but they are proving to be correct.

Here you have a server that is blatantly ripping off pieces of another server, including their front page.

Last week the server came down and was down for about 4 days because they had to rebuild their database after removing a staff member abruptly. The very same staff member who started all the dev work on the server.

You have staff that refuse to provide any details, and once they do, they only post it to the main guild's forums. When questioned about it, they basically tell you it is only that guild's business, even though the decision impacted the entire server. You have one of the officers of that main guild claim this server is just for them on their discord and the staff and officers of that guild behave exceptionally condescending to anyone who questions any of this.

You have a server that is claiming to be a progression server, yet is starting halfway through Luclin with talk of releasing PoP soon, even though encounters like Lord Seru take less than a minute and with content in game from three to four expansions in the future.

The entire server is top heavy, having allowed just about anyone to import their level 60 from anywhere, which means as a new player there is basically no one to group with, and with higher levels that treat those new players with disdain in public OOC.

Overall, the server isn't half of what they claim it to be, and the behavior of the main guild and the staff (who are clearly made up of people in said main guild) make it clear this server is just a personal playground for that guild and anyone else that comes along, they ultimately expect to join them.
Old 06-14-2017, 12:32 PM
Banned

yikes
Old 06-14-2017, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marduke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
personal playground for that guild and anyone else that comes along, they ultimately expect to join them.
Yes to all of it, not just what was quoted. Honestly it's a couple people with ideas. Good for them, but it's a stupid easy server with multiple bugs and issues, that had a disillusioned leader who thinks all this work people put in to an EMU is cake because you just use this editor and it fixes EVERYTHING like waving a magic wand.

Don't get me wrong, all of them aren't bad people, they are in their own LALALAND. If you do want ultra easy mode, easy loot, easy everything, GoT is your game.

I strongly suggest some of the quality players from here go and try it out. It'd be a good thing. Maybe they can ask Secrets for help. For some reason I think GoT staff and Secrets would see eye to eye. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And, lastly what they did to that 'dev' was just proof of how they are going to run their environment. And, the troves are already returning to where they came, why? Because it was better, and they were lied to. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] FYI, you can't 'copy' your toon from GoT and paste it some where credible.
Old 06-15-2017, 11:44 AM
Decaying Skeleton

They've deleted their main coder/staff member and aren't being transparent about the reason. My post on their netslum will be removed by their draconian staff, so here is their dirty laundry for all to see;

https://pastebin.com/GFJ187eV
Old 06-15-2017, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

Looks like another successful eq server
Old 06-17-2017, 02:47 PM
Decaying Skeleton

On top of this, I heard that one of GoT's dev's unhashed the fired GM's password, then logged into the former server (Dumbass for using the same password) and stole a bunch of the his gear.

Then when confronted said, "Yea that is my IP, but I didn't do it" The level of Salt is staggering. Are all servers like this?
Old 06-19-2017, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

So, ya that happened. Thing is, the people who left p2002 to 'make their own experience server' are cry babies/bitches/who cares. The staff at p2002 do not mind having them back, hence why a lot of them are just either playing on both now or just switched back.

GoT has their hands full. Even making a easier server takes a lot of work.

Any rate, tools will be tools. They should use their tools on P99 or GoT though. Both quality establishments. TKAP too.....I need to make sure to promote them here too. Don't want to 'upset' anyone.
Old 06-19-2017, 02:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by An_Orc_Pawn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After seeing their thread over on EQEmu get rekt by facts, then get closed by a dev they have in discord, I figured there would be a post here. I was not disappointed.
Link? I need drama
Closed Thread