Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 11:14 AM
Fire Giant

I fucked up, thought quote was edit. Realized there is no edit. RIP. Fucking old ass style forums.
Old 06-27-2017, 11:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesselring [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I fucked up, thought quote was edit. Realized there is no edit. RIP. Fucking old ass style forums.
We're all allowed a double post every once in awhile.

The worst CR for me was the old CT battles in fear during an off hour. His old mechanic would chain fire DT's and as people died went LD camped out and desync'd the bodies would pile up. Sometimes the CR would last all day if people would just bounce afterwards while dead. Thanks tmo.
Old 06-27-2017, 03:48 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Worst CR? First Naggy raid ever, back in '99. Pickup raid (aka the debil). Casters were asked to bound in the 'safe hall', so when they died, they could mem a few nukes, pick up a coin on the ground (so your naked corpse wouldn't rot) then run in and try to get a few nukes off before you died again. We wiped hard as the raid was pretty clueless and under geared. Most of us casters died a few times charging back in. I don't even think we knew Naggy was a bellyl caster. We eventually gave up and were forming up for CR in the safe hall when the FGs repopped on us and put a lot of us in death loops. Fun, fun, fun. Those were the days that you got buffed up and had to log out to a chat room, since mana regen was so slow, so the raid probably was going on over 8 hours.

Anyway, finally got all 7 or 8 corpses back and rezzed by 3am, got up about 3 hours later for work.

Good times, right?
Old 06-27-2017, 04:53 PM
Sarnak

From Live:

The Hole opens. I levi over the hole, zone in, die from falling.
/ all necro until I can find someone with the corpse summon spell, which was still relatively new.
Finally find one, finally get a coffin, whoops need a key.
Get necro into the hole, he summons his first corpse ever.
Only took 4-5 hours!

Veeshan's Peak
Fighting at the zone in pad for spells n such.
A wurm split on death, on the zone in pad, this is now his spawn point, one or both can see invis.
Hey at least it wasn't a 1500 double attack wurm.
Drama and more deaths ensue over the next several hours as more victims enter the fray.

That was the closest I ever came to losing a corpse.
Old 06-27-2017, 04:59 PM
Sarnak

Almost forgot

Old Sebilis
Keys were not soulbound, you needed two, and to duel outside before entering.
We wipe in back disco.
We zone in with backup keys and CR gear.
We wipe in back disco on CR attempt.

We are now naked in trak's teeth farming keys.

It took multiple trips to get a necro with enough coffins to get us all.

Conclusion? Some nights you are just better off laying your sack (or boob) on the keyboard and hitting it with a hammer.
Old 06-27-2017, 06:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleetis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
think I have you all beat one PoF raid way back in 2000, we had an entire raid wipe so many times our corpses were stacked like cordwood. Must have been at least 8 of mine alone, all told maybe 400 from the raid force.
Early Fearplane, before they opened Hateplane and moved half of the armor over, was a server wide effort. No guild running it, just all the 46+ characters bound together to attempt it.

What Cleetis said happened, naked lvl 45's killing ogre guards just to get 46 back to try to start the CR process again.

Back then, you camped to chat to discuss possible approaches to getting a CR done.

You have entered Brell_Fear, 40 folks in there, 12 hours into the CR effort, omfg I miss chat server talks about CR.

Also, I would -never- do it again.

Eventually a GM came and depopped the zone for us out of compassion, while giving us shit the whole time.
Old 06-27-2017, 08:32 PM
Orc

Worse CR for me was Fear. We had cleared Fear about 4 times over the last couple of months. On this run, we were 3/4 the way through clearing the zone when out of nowhere CT did a zone wide shout and the entire zone repopped. We were right in the middle of where a bunch of mobs popped. Next thing you know the entire zone is on us.

Try clearing Fear with No Armour worth a crap from your bank or naked is impossible. Also some people didn't bind anywhere near so they had to do long runs to even get there. We died some many times trying to get back to our bodies with no gear that I lost 2 levels even after being rezzed and probably from looting the bodies that weren't rezzed yet. It was such a complete cluster after 12 hours that we ended up asking some of the other guilds on our server to help us get our bodies back. Needless to say I didn't get any sleep and had to go to work. Luckily I got my body back before I had to leave.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwayb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Heavens Declared Against Us
Jesus what a perfect EQ nightmare right there.

Besides a CT pop repopping the whole plane, even if he was up, something as simple as buff or heal aggro could spread from the trash across the zone to CT, who started death touching those folks, and then sent the Amy temple to your raid buddies. This neato feature was removed at some point early on thank gawd.

A train of squidheads coming for you as you camp in desperation, duped corpses from getting DT'd on camp... lol early EQ...
Old 06-28-2017, 12:42 AM
Banned

my worst corpse run was about a week into the game, lost in the gfay woods on my level 10ish ranger wood elf brandishing my precious mino axe I realized I was lost in these dark woods that became instantly scarrier than any environment I have ever been in before.

I felt the cold creep of death around every dark tree and as to be expected I wound up murdered by a wasp or a fairy or something totally silly, yet terrifying.

I searched and searched and searched and only after a couple days that someone told me they could use the magic of the land to locate my corpse did we find it.

Definitely my most brutal corpse run.
Old 06-28-2017, 02:26 AM
Planar Protector

Kunark Release:

Rolled a human necromancer. Making gains. Strong enough to defeat orc pawns!

Headed into the harbourside bar in Freeport while waiting for a boat.

Curbstomped by unfriendly adventurer NPCs.

Didn't know/think about hotkeying /corpse; didn't know how to /target corpse; didn't know line of sight was not required; didn't know if I waited a little the NPCs in the bar would respawn as non KoS.

Had to walk in, manually target and type /corpse, move up and retype /corpse. Died a few time in the process.

Was worth it to recover that 2AC robe which was significantly worse than the 4AC cloth tunic I was going to vendor.
Closed Thread