Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 08:51 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Question on newbie Druid armor

Hey All -

Just turned level 9, managed to sell all my CB belts and was wondering if it was a good idea to try and get a set of reinforced armor with my profits. (I'm currently in mostly cloth)

I know spells are astronomically expensive, and I don't really know how much a set of armor would run, so can't really decide what should be done.

Having a great time reliving 1999!
Old 06-26-2017, 08:28 AM
Fire Giant

Save money for spells. Druid is a class you can play naked to 60 so investing money in armor without wisdom on it achieves very little. You're pretty close to the level where you can camp the sisters in Lfay which is a gold mine for noobs. You can easily make a few hundred plat there and get some cheap +wis gear in EC by the time you hit 20.

Plush Bufnstuf
Old 06-26-2017, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

Keeping your defence skill capped will make the biggest difference. Shop bought leather will be a lot cheaper if you really feel you are taking enough hits to justify the upgrade from cloth.

Alternatively, you can get a set of reinforced rhino armor / burynai armor while hunting in Kurns (also look out for an iksar berserker club). Save up your bone chips. Sell them for spell money and then, if a glutton for punishment, hand em in for xp. If you stay until the end of 22, it takes approx. 1000 bone chips to force your way thru 23 to 24, lol.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:33 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Gotcha - thanks for the advise! Glad I didn't blow my money on armor after all.
Old 06-26-2017, 05:10 PM
Sarnak

Be prepared for tough competition at sisters, it is by far the most popular camp for that level and it's only 3 mobs.
Old 06-26-2017, 05:21 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Be prepared for tough competition at sisters, it is by far the most popular camp for that level and it's only 3 mobs.
i believe there are 4 mobs.
Old 06-27-2017, 01:31 AM
Planar Protector

There are a few other bandit camps in lesserfay, which seem much more rarely camped, and (with the exception of the quest necks) don't seem to have that different loot/mobs.
Closed Thread