Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 11:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I appreciate all of the suggestions and comments so far.

How does Withered Leather look aesthically on an ogre?

Considering replacing my two current items: Black Chitin Leggings and Black Fur Boots

with the following: Withered Leather Leggings and Withered Leather Boots

Has anyone tried this look with an ogre wearing a fungi tunic?

Is Withered Leather just the standard leather look?
Withered Leatherdaddy - I like it!!

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 11-08-2013, 11:49 AM
Sarnak

Il, from a min/max perspective, I'd imagine you'd want a black sapphire electrum earring to go with your ivandyr's, platinum tiara, black sapphire platinum necklace, djarn's amethyst ring, maybe your black fur boots (clicky instant mana-free self-sow, along with nice stats), supple scale armband (KC nodrop), hooded black cloak (if not heiro =D), and enshrouded veil.

But you've got a fungi, so in reality you'd feel almost no benefit from any further stat optimization. I've got considerably worse gear at lvl 49 than you do at lvl 5, even excluding your Fungi. http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Winga

What I'd really recommend is fixing your melee dps situation. Before lvl 10, that GFG is effectively 10/36, and before lvl 20 it's 14/36. Pre-20, PWC is way better than GFG. Seriously consider some haste, also. For many levels you're probably going to be pulling with drowsy, meleeing, and root if they flee somewhere dangerous. Maybe add in affliction if you feel like it. But while you're soloing, GFG is going to provide way more dps than your dots, and fungi is gonna reduce downtime to zero regardless. FBSS would make you effectively level 21% faster if you can constantly pull.
Last edited by DrKvothe; 11-08-2013 at 11:56 AM..
Old 11-08-2013, 02:08 PM
Aviak

Yeah I had been thinking exactly those upgrades (cept the armband, gonna level a bit before i make the run to KC) but since they're pricey prob need to farm some more cash on my main to continue twinking. Also keeping JBB in mind for the future.

I've got an FBSS for haste, and have been using the Darksea Harpoon in addition to GFG as primary. No shield atm because I plan to use the GFG when the damage cap lifts, but unsure if i'll be primarily Root Rot by that time anyway. No shield for right now, but if i ditch the GEBs and get Kobold boots I'd be able to pick up a SBS.

Thanks for the feedback!
Last edited by Iliilliill; 11-08-2013 at 02:11 PM..
Old 11-08-2013, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

Pretty sure nothing can touch a Jade Mace 1-20 for a combat shaman.

Old 11-08-2013, 02:26 PM
Sarnak

PWC at 14/28 is pretty much the same dps as jade mace from 10-19, no? I like faster weapons too, but since PWC or GFG become better than jade mace 20+, i think i'd go with the 14/28 2hb over the similarly price 9/18 1hb so there's no awkward skill transition.
Old 11-08-2013, 03:58 PM
Banned

Default Wrists

Another nice wrist item I've been looking for nobody has mentioned:

Amethyst Bracelet (5AC +15HP +3wis)

They are rare as hell though.

I'm looking to replace my Golden Jaded with one to keep the 15HP while getting a slight AC and mana boost. Supple Scale Armband is another item needed for mana/resist situations. But Amethyst Bracelet would be worn more often like I had Golden Jaded for last 52 levels because this is a HP dominant build.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKvothe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PWC at 14/28 is pretty much the same dps as jade mace from 10-19, no? I like faster weapons too, but since PWC or GFG become better than jade mace 20+, i think i'd go with the 14/28 2hb over the similarly price 9/18 1hb so there's no awkward skill transition.
Yeah that's completely true - always good to practice those skills though. And you also get to wear a shield too so there's that.

Old 11-08-2013, 04:08 PM
Banned

Default HP Build

http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Labido
I created Labido with HP-dominant gear in mind.

At level 52 he is an excellent example of what items are available that are droppable for those seeking to maximize Hit Points.

(The non-droppable exceptions being his Epic and Black Fur Boots)

As far as I can tell the only droppable HP dominant items he is missing are:

1. Witherered Leather Boots
2. Bone-Clasped Girdle

For those seeking to maximize HP. It might be worth taking a look. Of course Velious makes many of these choices obsolete.
Last edited by Seducio; 11-08-2013 at 04:12 PM..
Old 12-03-2013, 08:22 PM
Banned

Default Dangling Agility Point and Magelo stats off

Hey guys. A quick update.

Labido is now a level 53 Shaman and has acquired his Withered Leather Boots, leaving the BCG as the only droppable HP item he is without. You can check out his current setup below:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Labido

I wanted to ask the community about two things.

1. In adding the Withered Leather Boots in lieu of the Black Fur Boots Labido gains substantial HPs, but as a consequence his Agility drops to 74 with accompanying AC loss.

Are there any suggestions to get that agility point back without losing HPs?

Right now the only spots I can come up with are Legs or Hands slots but lose 10HPs in each if I move them around. Thoughts?

2. Is it me or is hitpoints and vital stats on Magelo off the mark?

Case in point:

In Game Unbuffed Labido:
HP 1903
MANA 1659
ENDR 1518
AC 729
ATK 904

On Magelo Unbuffed Labido:
HP 1818
MANA 1662
AC 686
ATK 967

All of my other stats and resists are equal and I am 53 in both places so I don't get the discrepancy. Why do I have more hitpoints in game than my Magelo shows?
Last edited by Seducio; 12-03-2013 at 08:24 PM..
Old 12-03-2013, 08:32 PM
Banned

Ogre shaman in full hate plane gear... with... now get this.... DE mask.

only way to be cool.
Closed Thread