Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 01:52 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it a crime to love children?
Guess it depends on how you show that love...
Old 10-27-2014, 02:04 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwoneo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do you not understand that this concept parallels the concept of RMT? This "charity" sounds a lot like something RMT sellers would come up with in order to launder their goods.
I hope posts like these are just trollin, or I am going to need to launch into a long explanation as to how this was verified and ensured to be legit - we went as far as requiring a donation list to be provided and took additional steps to ensure this list could not be forged.

It's not like this was just put on without being thoroughly vetted first, with a host of stipulations, rules, and regulations being applied in order for the event to be allowed. Norova can attest to how complete and inflexible his contract was - and needed to be - in order to put this fundraiser on. Really glad it turned out great and will continue to voice my support for more - despite having to do all the "RMT legwork" in order to ensure everything is legitimate. I am more than happy to do so if P99 and it's players can raise fifteen thousand dollars in a single day! I'm still shocked at this number, and will continue to be shocked until it's bested at the next fundraiser for dying children/dogs/moms/impoverished millionaires/whatever the next charity is. Cant wait for next time!
Old 10-27-2014, 02:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hope posts like these are just trollin
My life here on p99 became considerably more tollerable once I read every post in RnF that wasn't directly positive, in a goofy sarcastic trolling voice in my head. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-27-2014, 03:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hope posts like these are just trollin, or I am going to need to launch into a long explanation as to how this was verified and ensured to be legit - we went as far as requiring a donation list to be provided and took additional steps to ensure this list could not be forged.
Derubael,

Regardless of the charities validity the buyer side of the transaction is still the same. They are paying money for virtual currency and/or items. Your focus is misplaced. The fact that the charity is real has nothing to do with the fact it's RMT. The only difference is where the money goes.
Old 10-27-2014, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwoneo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Derubael,

Regardless of the charities validity the buyer side of the transaction is still the same. They are paying money for virtual currency and/or items. Your focus is misplaced. The fact that the charity is real has nothing to do with the fact it's RMT. The only difference is where the money goes.
It was a raffle. The process was random.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 10-27-2014, 03:35 PM
Sarnak

Gambling and RMT all in one package? Doubly guilty!
Old 10-27-2014, 03:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Derubael,

bears beets battlestar galactica
Old 10-27-2014, 03:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
How do you not understand that this concept parallels the concept of RMT? This "charity" sounds a lot like something RMT sellers would come up with in order to launder their goods.
You're a retard.

Signed, the entire community.
Old 10-27-2014, 04:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was a raffle. The process was random.
It doesn't matter if the process was random. They are still buying a statistical percentage of the prizes.

Hypothetical example:
They do 10 more charities and you enter 'X' number of more times. Your chance to receive a prize also rises. Eventually, it approaches the point where it will be equivalent to purchasing a prize, etc...
Old 10-27-2014, 04:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
It doesn't matter if the process was random. They are still buying a statistical percentage of the prizes.

Hypothetical example:
They do 10 more charities and you enter 'X' number of more times. Your chance to receive a prize also rises. Eventually, it approaches the point where it will be equivalent to purchasing a prize, etc...
boo freekn hoo
Closed Thread