Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 12:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Red doesn't have these issues
Right, just broken warrior disciplines that allow you to be mugged for 37,000 plat and twinks that will destroy your mains asshole as you level it up for no reason other than to scream rustle in RNF.
Old 10-28-2014, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Red doesn't have these issues
Indeed it has far greater issues.

Broken imbalanced PvP game
Broken EXP bonus for grouping
Broken OOC
Broken text that alerts you when PVP deaths occur
Broken Vendor Recharging of Charged items (a staple of raiding Velious-PoP)

Few other things that don't work.
Old 10-28-2014, 12:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right, just broken warrior disciplines that allow you to be mugged for 37,000 plat and twinks that will destroy your mains asshole as you level it up for no reason other than to scream rustle in RNF.
1: warrior disci isolated incident. Don't do trades unless on a lvl 1 in city zones, problem solved... literally problem solved.

2: you will VERY QUICKLY out level pvp fungi twinks, and probably never see them if your group is wise enough to avoid the obvious areas like MM/Unrest

Quote:
Broken Vendor Recharging of Charged items (a staple of raiding Velious-PoP)
Link me a Velious raid guide/post where people talk about recharging mallets to trivialize raiding. I never saw this on RZ/SZ/Povar. Boxing was more prevalent than item recharging (got u on dat 1).
Last edited by Nirgon; 10-28-2014 at 12:36 PM..
Old 10-28-2014, 12:34 PM
Sarnak

Make it all random. One tracker and one roller in zone per guild. Rollers stand in a designated spot. When mob spawns all rollers have 30 secs to /rand 100.

The high-rolling guild has 5 mins to engage. If they fail to engage or wipe the next highest rolling guild has 5 mins, and so on until the mob dies.
Old 10-28-2014, 12:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1: warrior disci isolated incident. Don't do trades unless on a lvl 1 in city zones, problem solved.

2: you will VERY QUICKLY out level pvp fungi twinks, and probably never see them if your group is wise enough to avoid the obvious areas like MM/Unrest
1: On blue you can trade anywhere you want, we don't have those issues.

2: On blue you can play in whichever zones are hot at the moment without fear of being griefed all day
Old 10-28-2014, 12:38 PM
Banned

I remember evaccing a group out of the seb crypt because of a mysterious train and a group waiting at the door to take it.

A real play nice atmosphere on blue.

Are we forgetting about the javelin contest during week day work hours? Duck taped keyboards? Huge MQ bust on blue? Huge dupe bust on blue? Me logging on people's characters in various guilds and getting all kinds of hate spammed (they didn't know it was me on the char)?

I mean, if you think blue is this magical place where people share and don't scam each other... LOL

1 red warrior disci scam vs a whole stickied thread in blue trade section about scams. Do the math.
Last edited by Nirgon; 10-28-2014 at 12:49 PM..
Old 10-28-2014, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

TMO's answer for everything: This is how WE do it in VP so it must be the best way for everything!

Footraces, as Chest continues to point out, just bring up new issues and dont really change much besides the FTE meta game landscape.

The FTE meta game landscape is not what most are interested in worrying about, its the entire raid scene and practice of raiding large targets for ALL GUILDS.

We could talk about different FTE mechanics til we are blue in the face.

Until changes are made to:

1. Variance
2. R/C/FFA cycle
3. How guilds move up and down the tiers

Nothing will be fundamentally different, socking included.

I think Ele's post needs to be continued to quoted and reposted because it actually poses a useful question:

What does the staff consider 'poopsocking'?

I was brainstorming somethings and I kept getting hung up on the numbers thing.

So 2 trackers ( usually mages ) which means you have 2 FTEers....so 4 people in zone cant be considered poopsocking.....Ok so no more than a full group of people....um now we are getting into silly rules where people cant zone into a dungeon without reading a manual....bah that doesnt improve anything...

is usually my thought process, its not an easy thing to figure out how to fix, mainly because as other people in this thread pointed out....the game of EQ revolves around poopsocking or camping things. Hard to change how to fundamentally play the game.
Old 10-28-2014, 12:41 PM
Banned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WpRaePIJas

Ya on blue you can trade wherever you want

EC or North Freeport bank where the banker alts are camped

I feel so free
Last edited by Nirgon; 10-28-2014 at 12:43 PM..
Old 10-28-2014, 12:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2 foot racers and 1 tracker in zone period, no others? I could get behind that. If there are specific areas that are agreed upon.

What about Trakanon, does he receive an exemption? If so, what is it? Will said exemption prevent the current poopsock he currently invokes?
Trakanon is a different Animal that people will have to discuss. I wouldn't go into this trying to make that change. Get something that is agreeable to everyone on the other spawns first and work on Trakanon after you have hammered that out.

Seb is just a tough zone to have a natural race without killing a lot of innocent people experiencing and getting your guild in trouble. You will just see guilds not worry about clearing down. They will log their whole raid force in at zone in when he pops and train down with 2 people. While everyone else runs by. It's hard to limit the uses of mage for Trakanon just because of the zone disruption it would cause otherwise. Like I said a different Animal I would approach differently after you get the other spawns figured out.
Old 10-28-2014, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trakanon is a different Animal that people will have to discuss. I wouldn't go into this trying to make that change. Get something that is agreeable to everyone on the other spawns first and work on Trakanon after you have hammered that out.

Seb is just a tough zone to have a natural race without killing a lot of innocent people experiencing and getting your guild in trouble. You will just see guilds not worry about clearing down. They will log their whole raid force in at zone in when he pops and train down with 2 people. While everyone else runs by. It's hard to limit the uses of mage for Trakanon just because of the zone disruption it would cause otherwise. Like I said a different Animal I would approach differently after you get the other spawns figured out.
I don't have much of an issue allowing Mages to CotH on Trak.

I do have an issue with poopsocking it (cause that's dumb) with 2 preformed groups waiting at the entrance the entire window formed up ready to be CotH'd down.

Cause that sort of behavior is what pushes the GMs to think that 16 hour variance is the issue. When it isn't.
Closed Thread