Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 01:59 PM
Sarnak

Default Just stop..

Using "This is a 12 year old game" as an argument for anything. Who cares how old the game is? Why does the age matter? Someone give me one good reason why the age of the game matters in any argument.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quit arguing about whether or not the 12-year old game fact matters, it's a 12 year old game for pete's sake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtnap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Using "This is a 12 year old game" as an argument for anything. Who cares how old the game is? Why does the age matter? Someone give me one good reason why the age of the game matters in any argument.
People should know how stuff works and not have to cheat? All of the information is right there on the internet, but people are still SO terrible at the game that they have to use MQ2/SEQ, make guides for boss fights and throw tantrums like little spoiled children when it comes to bosses because people can't share.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:08 PM
Kobold

The actual argument is, "it's only a game."

People add the 12-year old part because its more pejorative. Unfortunately, it also dulls the point.

It's only a game.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:25 PM
Banned

It makes them feel better for sucking at it.

"ur addict too 12 year old game only 500 ppl play on lol"

I tried to sound like them. ^
Old 09-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Fire Giant

The "It's only a game" argument is bullshit as well.

Your car is on fire, but dont be mad, it was only a game.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

<< Hassel the Hoff - Druid of the 55th Grind >>
<< Kassel the Koff - Monk of the 52st Train >>
Old 09-06-2011, 02:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtnap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It provides scope.

Someone cheating at StarCraft2 is one thing.
Someone cheating at a 12-year old emulated game is another.

While being caught cheating at something is embarrassing in any regard, I think cheating at something so niche is just downright humiliating.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The "It's only a game" argument is bullshit as well.

Your car is on fire, but dont be mad, it was only a game.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nah man you got it backwards the car symbolizes all the shit spewed on these here forums while the canucks getting destroyed in game 7 is the parallel to eq
Old 09-06-2011, 02:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demetrium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While being caught cheating at something is embarrassing in any regard, I think cheating at something so niche is just downright humiliating.
very true
Old 09-06-2011, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Here's a reason that works:

Most people playing this 12 years ago were in that 16 year old + category. It had monthly fee so a credit card and that was hard to get parents to do over a video game in the 90's. People playing this game now for the FIRST time defy the norm. Confusing or not, welcome aboard. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Add 12 years to the average player and they are close to 30 if not well over that.

Most people did the live game, enjoyed it and moved on. Now back to relive childhood memories for the nostalgia (not to be a damn child again).

Oh...that and the graphics are akin to a Nintendo 64 and people treat it like a religion to this day.
Closed Thread