Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 09:37 AM
Planar Protector

emu or not, 12 years old or just released

all of that doesnt count, a game is a game and P99 can be taken as srsly as a game just released
Old 08-28-2011, 10:11 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
emu or not, 12 years old or just released

all of that doesnt count, a game is a game and P99 can be taken as srsly as a game just released
Mitic I'm not condoning the reasoning, I'm just explaining why some players probably decided to use these programs.

There was a time where I treated Street Fighter 2 as seriously as a heart attack. Played religiously for years, entered tournaments and knew everything there was to know about the game. I still love the game and it's a classic, but I would never treat it as seriously as I did back then. It's been 20 years, if I were ever to take it that seriously again then then I'd be doing something wrong. Now I play it for fun and nostalgia, and to occasionally trounce some young fool who thinks he's good at it even though I was playing it when he was a twinkle in his momma's eye.

Same goes for everquest. An awesome game that I sunk many of my hours into, but if I were to play it as seriously as I did back in the day then I probably wouldn't have a job and would die of a heartattack due to lack of exercise. It's not 1999 anymore, the game is nostalgic and lets players experience the game that we did all that time ago. It's ok to take the game more seriously than others, but these idiots foaming at the mouth and spitting all over their monitors enraged by this "cheating revelation" should take a deep breath and get over it. Unless the cheaters were directly interfering with your game and rubbing your nose in it, why so much anger?

Rogean cleaned house and the use of those programs are now null and void. Problem solved, let's move on.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

you're a pussy brah
Old 08-28-2011, 10:22 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vile [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you're a pussy brah
Yes totally, because idiots calling others pussy and brah over the internet are the real tough guys. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-28-2011, 10:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes totally, because idiots calling others pussy and brah over the internet are the real tough guys. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-28-2011, 10:40 AM
Banned

lol cheaters...fucking scum.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:48 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Disappoint. Was hoping there would be some sort of erotic adultery story in this thread.

This is an elaborate justification in disguise. Change your ip, start again. Don't cheat.

Moving on.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:55 AM
Orc

Well.....I appreciate the effort it took to write this. The guy spent some time on it and if it helps him feel better about it...it's all good. But I must say, if these guys wanted to make EQ "easier" then why not just play live. That's why I'm here and not on live because SOE gimped the game. If you were looking to camp mobs for uber drops and used a cheat then this means you were more interested in the drop than the game and/or the satisfaction that comes with a successful camp. Again I say why not just play live. If you just want the drop you can buy plat on live with real $$ and have all the uber gear you want. I'm not hammering you. I've done stupid shit in my life and getting busted always sucks. Pick yourself up and roll on big river....
Old 08-28-2011, 10:59 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Problem solved, let's move on.
Yes. Let's. I'm taking my SK to level 28 today. Nothing will prevent this from happening. I'm committed. It's a done deal.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:55 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Disappoint. Was hoping there would be some sort of erotic adultery story in this thread.

This is an elaborate justification in disguise. Change your ip, start again. Don't cheat.
If that's what you gleamed from this then it's my fail. It's not a justification, I cheated and account was suspended. I think the GMs were extremely lenient to be quite honest and if there were less people doing it then I'm sure it it would have been instant perma-ban. The fact that so many were caught shows how widespread it had truly become.

The post was mainly to explain to those asking why someone would cheat, and what exactly were the cheats being used. I just provided that from my experience. People can hate on it all they like, I provided info that many were wondering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solter
Well.....I appreciate the effort it took to write this. The guy spent some time on it and if it helps him feel better about it...it's all good. But I must say, if these guys wanted to make EQ "easier" then why not just play live. That's why I'm here and not on live because SOE gimped the game. If you were looking to camp mobs for uber drops and used a cheat then this means you were more interested in the drop than the game and/or the satisfaction that comes with a successful camp. Again I say why not just play live. If you just want the drop you can buy plat on live with real $$ and have all the uber gear you want. I'm not hammering you. I've done stupid shit in my life and getting busted always sucks. Pick yourself up and roll on big river....
Again, my point was that for 95% of the game and rare mobs out there, the cheats didn't really provide any advantage. I camped the AoF with my character for 8 hours to get my first Rubicite BP, just like any other person at the time had to. Enduring breath, ultravision, see invis and tracking didn't provide any extra help in this situation and the majority of other situations in the game. Didn't help for Lower Guk spawns, Sol B, etc.. It also didn't help me gain any levels because like everyone else I had to kill said mob the same number of times. I doubt most players have to rely on tracking to find a good spot to kill the same mob 1000x times. The only way this could benefit someone is if they abused the free EB to level in Kedge Keep, though with the horrid pathing I doubt this would have been profitable.

Where it DID help was rare mobs that spawned in different ways than in live. And I dare say some of you out there have probably indirectly benefitted from these "cheaters" whether or not you want to acknowledge that fact or not. If someone used ShowEQ to figure out a rare spawn cycle then passed that knowledge on then you have benefitted. If you didn't figure out Quillemaine, AC in Sro, Petrafin, etc.. on your own and were given that information from someone else, then there's a good chance it was a "cheater" who initially shared that information. I would know, I personally passed on all of my knowledge to anyone who asked me because my goal wasn't to be selfish with my advantages. If someone asked me about any spawn that I personally knew about that was different from Live, then I spilled the beans.

Now given that, if you did personally spend the time to figure out these spawns on your own then I applaud you and will say if anyone, YOU have a right to be upset.

Perhaps I should petition in game (well in 2 weeks when i can log on again), and list the names of people who I know have benefitted from this information or any new players over the last few months that I've given out items, plat and the benefit of my buffs and overall help? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"Sorry but we're going to have to roll back your exp by this amount due to the assistance of a known haxx0r! Oh and that Pegasus cloak you have, ya we're taking that away since you were told about how to make Quill spawn by another haxx0r!".
Closed Thread