Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 08:16 AM
Aviak

Default SK feign death question

Hello,

I got a question about my SK feign death and I hope one can explain it a bit more to me.

ATM I am leveling at CoM at stables camp and last time I tried to split mobs with my FD. I was trying to split two fog golems from the middle area in front of stables but I was unable to do so. ALL the time I was standing up they both came back to attack.

Tried this like 5 or 6 times. Always with the same result - both mad at me. Only option was to /quit for LD after FD.

What I am doing wrong?

Thx,
Fatty
Old 09-01-2016, 08:32 AM
Kobold

Snare one before you feign. Let the unsnared one reset. Stand. Hooray!
Old 09-01-2016, 08:37 AM
Aviak

thanks for the reply + snare hint. unfortunatly the "reset" was never given at a time. I tried multiple times and they have been always coming back after I stood up. only chance was to go LD...?
Old 09-01-2016, 08:51 AM
Planar Protector

You let them path all the way back to their binds? Are you out of social aggro range?
Old 09-01-2016, 09:01 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You let them path all the way back to their binds? Are you out of social aggro range?
yes. they wandered back to their spawn point. I gave em like 2-5 seconds before I tried to stand up again.

well - maybe a bug happend. I will try it again this evening.

thanks for the answers!
Old 09-01-2016, 09:09 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Sometimes mobs will still remember you after getting back to their spawn point. Just need to hope the RNG gods are on your side.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:16 AM
Fire Giant

Bind your hide skill to ctrl s or whatever you use to stand

Succesful FD + hide on stand is instant memblur as long as mobs cant see through hide. Believe this also works with cos

Also snare is king for splitting
Old 09-01-2016, 09:25 AM
Kobold

Mobs lv35+ will remember you and reacquire aggro unless you /quit.

At that point, you can only feign-split mobs with someone to tag your snared mob. Ideally, you pull one, multiple come. You snare the one to ultimately be pulled. Feign, allow the others to reset, have a buddy tag the snared one. Group engages. Then you either lay there and soak the XP or you /quit, come back, get added back to group, and finish the battle.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:36 AM
Fire Giant

^sk can use hide to wipe aggro
Old 09-01-2016, 12:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mobs lv35+ will remember you and reacquire aggro unless you /quit.

At that point, you can only feign-split mobs with someone to tag your snared mob. Ideally, you pull one, multiple come. You snare the one to ultimately be pulled. Feign, allow the others to reset, have a buddy tag the snared one. Group engages. Then you either lay there and soak the XP or you /quit, come back, get added back to group, and finish the battle.
Completely untrue. Snare/FD works pretty much every time as long as you allow non-snared one to return to bind and reset and are able to separate mobs enough so they don't social agro each other when you stand. No need to /q or have someone tag if you are using darkness to FD split.
Closed Thread