Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2018, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

I sold an acct I bought back when it was within the rules that had a guised 60 monk and 57 mage on it.
Old 12-29-2018, 06:13 PM
Fire Giant

I let a guy borrow a jade mace, haven't seen him in years. Although they aren't so expensive anymore.

Blue
: Seniksin | Jarshale
Red: Sieg | Cazissa
Old 12-29-2018, 09:07 PM
Sarnak

Like 6 years ago, was tracking Nagafen for my then guild. Some jokester named "Naggy" logged in, I got excited and trigger happy, woke up a whole slew of people in the middle of the night for nothing.
Old 12-29-2018, 10:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenithia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like 6 years ago, was tracking Nagafen for my then guild. Some jokester named "Naggy" logged in, I got excited and trigger happy, woke up a whole slew of people in the middle of the night for nothing.
Special shout out to the guy who owned "Haddan", complete with fishing rod who'd log in at Hadden's spawn point and wave to people ^^
Old 12-30-2018, 01:28 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Special shout out to the guy who owned "Haddan", complete with fishing rod who'd log in at Hadden's spawn point and wave to people ^^
Lol, love it!
Old 12-30-2018, 08:35 AM
Planar Protector

The scene/situation: My first toon on eq was a gnome magician. Keep in mind I never bothered to look at all the character race or class options.

2-3 hours into my first play session and about 4 disconnects in due to my brother picking up the phone line (dial up) I found myself lost in steamfont. It was night and nearing eq dawn. Just as the sun was coming up I was greeted with my first ever sighting of an ogre.

It was another player so he didn’t con kos to me but I still didn’t know how to tell the difference between an npc and a pc. I cautiously walked up and hailed him. He slowly turned and proceeded to say “Mmmm nummy gnome blud IM GUNNA EAT JOO!!”. I turned tail and fled in a random direction. This guy chased me for the better part of 15 minutes. I tried hiding behind objects to no avail. I was lost.

All through the zone others were apparently watching this ogre chase a random naked gnome around in big circles. I managed to find the lfay zone line by accident. He followed and I took off left following the zone wall. In the end he chased me right into the dark elf camp where I died. I got disconnected again due to a phone pick up.

When I managed to get back into the game steamfont ooc was full of people (including that ogre) making fun of the naked gnome running all around the zone screaming for help being chased by an ogre.

I deleted that toon and didn’t log in for a few days.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 12-30-2018, 09:35 AM
Sarnak

Sold a stave of shielding to ping thinking it was fine Steel, and then spent 2K buying crap off of him to try and get the stave back, didn't work.

On the flip side, I had a guy sell me a 200k item for 30k. He auctioned the item and I asked him how much he wanted and his reply was 30k, so I bought it straight away
Last edited by JackofSpade; 12-30-2018 at 09:38 AM..
Old 12-30-2018, 07:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This guy was close.

-Mcoy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EQ000081.jpg (90.4 KB, 26 views)
Old 12-30-2018, 07:43 PM
Planar Protector

Let Holgresh Elder Beads disappear in a summoned bag, promptly got them restored via GM petition, then sold them for 30k in the first few weeks of Velious

Let three rogue epic MQs rot because I forgot to refresh corpses

Got unironically involved in petty RnF squabbles

Paid something to the tune of 140k for an EoN circa 2014

Cared too much about 20th century elf simulator pixels

Rolled a ranger ayyyyyyy
Old 12-30-2018, 07:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love how everything was going swell on that server like the perfect utopia and then WHAM p99ers step in, fuck with rotation, wake sleeper, and get the server shut down.
Yup was 100% the reason they shut it down.

When people figured out they had lost the gm toolset so you could petition anything you wanted and your account had a 1 time free petition (i.e say you accidently deleted a fungi and they would summon one for you coz they couldnt check logs).

Also the requesting to transfer a toon to another account somehow was bugged and would print a 2nd toon of yours on the new account so RMT went thru the roof with people printing copies of their toons.

Also those brothers that started to bot on the server with 40 toons.

That guy who bought every good item in the bazaar because he had a plat dupe going.

RIP EQMac.
Closed Thread