Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2019, 08:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thread fizzled out with OP being the badguy/kill stealer?

Someone sitting at an empty camp, you'd have no idea if he cleared previous PH, so just start competing for FTE...

Happy to say thats not how I play.
Everyone interprets the rules accordingly. Especially if their interpretation favors them. Or just simply favors their argument.

Look at this way, to this day there are still very heavy debates, and a whole lot of animosity over analyses of America's constitutional rights written hundreds of years ago... So in the big picture this is just a virtual microcosmic example of that.
Old 01-28-2019, 01:17 AM
Planar Protector

This thread is nuts. Does anyone remember the "Play Nice Policy"? The few times I've camped Hadden, both when knowing the timer and when just showing up and waiting it out, things have panned out as one would expect:

- I'm sitting at camp waiting, and some random_player_001 logs in (they know the timer). They see I'm there actively camping it, I get confirmation Hadden is about to spawn and we chat a bit until it does so they can update their timer and try again next time.

- I know the timer and log in. There's either someone there camping it or there isn't. If there isn't - that's self explanatory. If there is - it follows the same process as the above. We chat and I update my timer.

Most of us play here for the experience of enjoying a game that we previously enjoyed two decades ago. One of the things that made it enjoyable back then was the positive experiences most of us had when interacting with other players. Let's try and keep it that way so P99 can continue to attract new players and not discourage them should they venture into the unsavory sections of the forums.

Perhaps RnF should come with a disclaimer?

Mods - please move this thread to RnF.

-Mcoy
Last edited by mcoy; 01-28-2019 at 01:30 AM.. Reason: Fogot to add request to move to RnF
Old 01-28-2019, 01:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This thread is nuts. Does anyone remember the "Play Nice Policy"? The few times I've camped Hadden, both when knowing the timer and when just showing up and waiting it out, things have panned out as one would expect:

- I'm sitting at camp waiting, and some random_player_001 logs in (they know the timer). They see I'm there actively camping it, I get confirmation Hadden is about to spawn and we chat a bit until it does so they can update their timer and try again next time.

- I know the timer and log in. There's either someone there camping it or there isn't. If there isn't - that's self explanatory. If there is - it follows the same process as the above. We chat and I update my timer.

Most of us play here for the experience of enjoying a game that we previously enjoyed two decades ago. One of the things that made it enjoyable back then was the positive experiences most of us had when interacting with other players. Let's try and keep it that way so P99 can continue to attract new players and not discourage them should they venture into the unsavory sections of the forums.

Perhaps RnF should come with a disclaimer?

Mods - please move this thread to RnF.

-Mcoy
This ^^
Old 01-28-2019, 02:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This thread is nuts. Does anyone remember the "Play Nice Policy"?
The original PnP in 1999 said that nobody owns a camp and everyone who shows up somewhere gets to take turns.
Old 01-28-2019, 02:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The original PnP in 1999 said that nobody owns a camp and everyone who shows up somewhere gets to take turns.
(list of the other things that aren't the same here as in 1999)
Old 01-28-2019, 02:19 AM
Fire Giant

Hmm interesting. So if I see a guy run up to a camp, the PH or named hasn't spawned yet, I can take it from him no problem if I FTE? Clearly I've been too nice with camps.

Blue
: Seniksin | Jarshale
Red: Sieg | Cazissa
Old 01-28-2019, 03:00 AM
Fire Giant

Toothless and jimjam are a couple of special dudes
Old 01-28-2019, 08:20 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toothed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Throw a little bitch fit on the forum and proceeded to steal via a guildie real nice bro
Except, ya know, I'm guildless (always have been). Makes it hard for my guildies that I don't have to steal a kill from you, right?

Another nice lie.
Last edited by bricke75; 01-28-2019 at 08:30 AM..
Old 01-28-2019, 08:22 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toothed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Update their guild made it right and I now have my own fish bone earring. True justice now I never have to look at this smelly spawn again thanks everyone.
Thought they made it right and you'd never have to camp this smelly spawn again? Yet more lies dribble out of your mouth.

So many lies even you can't keep up with them.

Taken just now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Drest 4 lies.JPG (35.0 KB, 125 views)
Last edited by bricke75; 01-28-2019 at 08:24 AM..
Old 01-28-2019, 09:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bricke75 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thought they made it right and you'd never have to camp this smelly spawn again? Yet more lies dribble out of your mouth.

So many lies even you can't keep up with them.

Taken just now.
You dont actually have any real confirmation that tooth guy is actually Drest lol.
Closed Thread