Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 03:03 PM
Large Bat

Default Most Memorable Moment

Hi All!

I know ALL of you guys are oldies from back in the day! or you wouldn't be here on p1999!! Its okay, i speak the truth!

I want to know what your most memorable moments were when you first started playing Everquest!

For me, it was back when i first started. I started a Hume pally and was pretty low level... i used to play on Drinal so the auction zone used to be in north freeport. Anyway, i was in EC and i remember being so mesmerized by the game and afraid of everything that would KOS me. I was exploring the zone and remember stumbling to EC tunnel... i contemplated for a good few minutes if i wanted to go in since i had no idea what was in there. I didn't want to lead myself into a trap... i had a very vivid imagination! I even pictured a dragon in there, my legs were quivering when i was ever so slowly going in inch by inch. Until i saw shady and thought that i was gonna get mugged when i approached him.... i just remember that time when i first played since i was quivering and sweating x_X

sad? maybe...but that was my most memorable moment!
Old 06-02-2010, 03:30 PM
Kobold

I think my most memorable moment back in the day, was (being the Qeynos lover that I am) when I was hunting around in the Aqueducts, and by total accident walked into... and subsequently through, a wall. It was shocking, and I totally wasn't expecting secret walls! I then started to explore, and being the Goodie Goodie that I was on that very first ever toon (Half Elf Paladin of Karana) died a horrible death to a swarm of Bad guys!
Old 06-02-2010, 03:31 PM
Developer

I'll share a couple since they're all pretty short. I don't have any one that really stands out.

One of the first guys to pk me was a gnome magician who preyed on my poor defenseless elven ranger. I remember him as clear as day.. Pumpkineater.

Another gnome I was chasing in gfay used invisibility. He told me that he climbed a tree. I must have spent 20 minutes checking every tree for him.

Some random guy threatened to log onto and kill me with his level 50 necromancer. I was terrified and sought the help of a paladin near the Kelethin bank. He said that he would protect me.

I was a caster in my teens and saw a blue con gnome warrior running around in a full set of tinted armor. I thought it would be an easy fight (I was a caster, after all) so I tried to nuke him. Resist! Resist! Resist! Then he charged straight for me. Yea. I died.
Last edited by Ropethunder; 06-02-2010 at 03:33 PM..
Old 06-02-2010, 03:34 PM
Sarnak

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8527

lots of good ones here
Old 06-02-2010, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

My firsts minutes in the game...friend told me to say 'hail, guildmastername' to get my tunic*:
h-a-
autoattack on
Guildmaster has slashed YOU for 96 damage.
Loading please wait.

I don't think I logged back on for a couple days.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:43 PM
Banned

3 guys gank me in Queynos hills. I follow them into Queynos and nuke them (wiz) one by one until they beg me to stop in tells.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

Typing "bash my face" properly after a few mins to answer Guntrik in Oggok warrior guild. Little knowledge of english, just followed brackets in hope of lewt.

And going to visit a buddy, he made a lvl1 DE and showed me a huge in-game secret... The efreeti in temple of solro! I was like "WOOOOOOWWWW!!".

Then we went to solb and ran around looting fine steel weapons, thought they were best gear in game. Then a kobold butchered us and I forget what happened after that.
Last edited by Brut; 06-02-2010 at 03:51 PM..
Old 06-02-2010, 03:58 PM
Aviak

Top 5

5. First Trakanon Raid
4. Tankning Phin in my Ranger
3. First Fear Raid
2. Getting my epic
1. Killing my brother in a duel
Old 06-02-2010, 04:08 PM
Fire Giant

Definitely my Epic.

Just the whole thing. The trials and tribulations of it all to culminate in having my lovely little leafblower.

trying 3 times on feydedar, getting a big guild to kill VS for me and they kept one of the stones and the loot.

Cant wait for kunark
Old 06-02-2010, 04:18 PM
Kobold

My most memorable moment is in 1999, pre-kunark, on Vallon-Zek.
At that time, it was a one loot item pvp server.

I was lvl30. A friend (Anakind from Xanit K'Ven for thoses who remember) gave my first "uber" item, a golden bracer (or something like, it had +4 int on it). I was so happy to have my first true item...

A day or two after, I was grinding the gnolls at the outside of Paw. I was medding when suddenly, my screen went black for 30 seconds or so. I heard someone casting spells on me. I could not do anything and I died.
She was a druid and I still remember her name (Peoni). She looted my corpse and, of course, took this item.

This is my worse/memorable moment for ~6 years of EQ...