Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 02-14-2024, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

In the OP’s situation if the Sham isnt tanking or rooting to help the rogue BS off cooldown, yea just swap in the 12/20 and melee like a boring ranger.
Old 02-15-2024, 02:17 AM
Kobold

I actually have had the opposite experience. Never make parses mainhanding RB, but consistently just under the NToV/Tuna rogues when I go 12/20 mainhand instead.
Old 02-21-2024, 12:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnaak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
12/20 mainhand gonna do more white damage than epic if tanking, by a decent margin. 12/20 on many high level raid mobs, Vindi, Tuna, etc. with Ragebringer offhand will do better than the reverse setup. Yea damage bonus!
Vindi is a relatively low AC raid mob, actually. I generally break 100 dps on him. I'm very skeptical a low delay to max damage bonus is a good idea there vs. backstabs.

AOW and Tunare, maybe. Both of those take like 2/3 of the damage Vindi does, and the unreduced damage from the mainhand does more there.

Generally, I expect to hit about 50 times a minute with Ragebringer mainhand, and thus about ~62 for a 20 delay off hand. With an 11 point damage bonus, that gives an extra ~2dps, which is then lowered by the backstab damage drop.

AOW min hits a huge percent of the time on backstabs, so it might be marginally better there. For anything where you're going to do at least 536 backstab damage per minute above the 120 min cap, I am pretty sure you should outdps with the 15 damage mainhander.

Regardless, the difference is small enough that I'm just going to mainhand the 15 damage weapon and keep that.
Old 02-26-2024, 07:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnaak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Obviously if you have a 15/21 available to you the 12/20 or 13/20 is going away. I don't believe that was the question though. OP only has 12/20, 15/25, or 20/34 slash available to them.

"Only" ~7% or 12% improvement for something as simple as location swapping. Seems simple to me. People spend countless hours camping and raiding for improvements that garner much less improvement than that.
Do not use the scimitar. It's too slow.