Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 03:12 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default First time on Project99, Just wanted to say hi and interduce myself

Hello and well met ladys and gents,

The names Oriss, an eurdite necro hailing from the the dark and mysterous city of paineel. Not much to say about myself, Im the tall dark silent type. Im a fairly friendly fellow, so if ya see out and about dont be shy I sware I wont turn you into a mindless servent of the Faceless. There is simply to much to do before his return... Mahahaha.......

OOC : A little info about the man behind the toon... I started play Eq a few weeks before SoV lunched, my very first toon was a druid... made it all the way to lvl 20... but then I met a necro named sleeze. After a decent talk I rolled a necro became his aprentice and never looked back. Now my new found friend/teacher was well versed in the ways of Eq, having a near max cleric and a stable of alts. He tought me so much I still feel to be in his debt. My necro was named Evilsbane from the Zub server, I was playing there up through GoD if you think you remember me dont be shy, Id love to reconnect with old friends just as much as making new ones!

All the same Im really looking forward to seeing the world all over again and meeting all the wonder folks that play here! One thing that I dont get though, why all the necro hate? I hear so many folks talking about how its so hard to find groups as a necro... I mean, ya we can solo well and all but even the dead guys needs a few friends now and again.

See ya all soon,
Oriss
Old 06-29-2014, 02:39 AM
Sarnak

Welcome to P1999. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

While Necros are usually known for their solo capability - as long as you are willing to take initiative to form your own group, you'll have no problem.

I don't know how active the Qeynos / Blackburrow area is for low levels - but I know Crushbone always has low level 5-15 groups going. If things seem quiet near Paineel, I'd recommend heading there. (If you are in the 15-20 level range I think Oasis is pretty popular also.) Make use of your friends list and /friend any clerics/warriors/enchanters you happen to group with at low levels especially. Often times you can comment when someone is leaving a party "Hey, mind if I add you to friends?" and you'll get back "Sure, I'll do the same for you".

If those tank and healer types continue to level at the same pace as you, you'll hopefully be able to log on, hit /who all friend -- and form up a group of people familiar with you. After you have a tank and healer on board, filling out the rest of the party with DPS or CC is usually a snap.

And there you have it, you circumvent the necro h8.

Good luck!
Old 06-29-2014, 09:32 AM
Orc

Good advice about grouping low level people who seem to know what they're doing. In my case, I leveled with the same people all the way to 40 until I had to give up the game for a few months. It made everything a lot easier!
Closed Thread