Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 12:11 PM
Aviak

Default New Pantheon Progress Video - 8.26.14

"Video showing latest development progress, including database-driven NPC population, polished zones and original music."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGxN...ature=youtu.be
Last edited by Norrath; 08-27-2014 at 12:16 PM..
Old 08-28-2014, 12:10 AM
Banned

Pity reply.
Old 08-28-2014, 12:36 AM
Banned

pity reply
Old 08-28-2014, 05:31 AM
Planar Protector

The hype has dropped, they need to really pull something good out to rekindle people's hopes... especially after Brad's "mistake"
Old 08-28-2014, 09:46 AM
Planar Protector

Boo minimap with dots (representing mobs?), and what's with the hybrid WoW/Diablo interface?

The world looks really good especially for how early this is. The models/animations need some work though.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:45 PM
Planar Protector

WOW used its style early on to still impress its users with the purpose of maintaining low system requirements. I wonder if they can take a pointer from that? Effects and polygons aren't everything.

The real test is not what happens now, but what happens 3 years from now? How much money do they put in and how much do they get out? How well do they work together? Will they stay on task? What's unsaid here is just how many games never see the light of day because they die long before they reach beta. And no matter how loud team members scream and shout about being committed, the only true test of this is lots of time.

Brad needs to find a way to deflect attention away from himself. I want to say good things and believe in Panthon, but like a lot of others, what I know about Brad stops me. I know he's done some good, like Everquest, and I know he's shown a mature, positive attitude in interviews, but the RESULTS in the past 10 years don't speak well! And yet if Pantheon can be just as much about the other people he works with than about himself, maybe it has a chance to be optimistic despite all that has happened.

I like they respects ideas of player interdependence and challenge and an open world (especially that one), but they're going to have to compromise somewhere I think to make ends meet. And maybe on that note, they can also do some new things, so nobody will be too judgmental about it until it can be tested.

Raiding: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=109
P1999 Class Popularity Chart: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=48
P1999 PvP Statistics: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=59

"Global chat is to conversation what pok books are to travel, but without sufficient population it doesn't matter."
Last edited by stormlord; 08-28-2014 at 10:26 PM..
Old 08-28-2014, 09:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Keep it up Brad McQuaid. I bid you goodwill and fortune on your journey of recovery from painkiller addiction. When the seas threaten to overtake you and pull you down to a cold dark grave, may the spirits of the methadone show mercy.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:29 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WOW used its style early on to still impress its users with the purpose of maintaining low system requirements. I wonder if they can take a pointer from that? Effects and polygons aren't everything.

The real test is not what happens now, but what happens 3 years from now? How much money do they put in and how much do they get out? How well do they work together? Will they stay on task? What's unsaid here is just how many games never see the light of day because they die long before they reach beta. And no matter how loud team members scream and shout about being committed, the only true test of this is lots of time.

Brad needs to find a way to deflect attention away from himself. I want to say good things and believe in Panthon, but like a lot of others, what I know about Brad stops me. I know he's done some good, like Everquest, and I know he's shown a mature, positive attitude in interviews, but the RESULTS in the past 10 years don't speak well! And yet if Pantheon can be just as much about the other people he works with than about himself, maybe it has a chance to be optimistic despite all that has happened.

I like they respects ideas of player interdependence and challenge and an open world (especially that one), but they're going to have to compromise somewhere I think to make ends meet. And maybe on that note, they can also do some new things, so nobody will be too judgmental about it until it can be tested.
Appreciated reading this stormlord - it's always refreshing to hear perspectives like this from those who are still willing, however slightly, to leave the door open for Pantheon's success.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:05 AM
Planar Protector

Looks nice, especially the dynamic weather and it's effects over the landscape, if the gameplay is even half as good, then it'll definitely be worth checking out.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Closed Thread