Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 05:51 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Who *really* knows how to spawn Thistle Underbrush?

I'm in Lesser Faydark, trying to get Thistle Underbrush to spawn, for the rune so I can get ivy-etched chest.

Everything you read says, "Kill the roaming faerie maidens till he spawns."

Here's my drill:

1. Go to faerie village. Murder them all in a PBAE massacre. Spit on corpses.
2. Zig-zag all the way back to Steamfont/GFay corner, killing anything with the word "faerie" in the name on track (3-4 roaming maidens).
3. Go to the "spot" listed on the wiki that's total bullshit since the Dec patch for some reason I still don't understand.
4. Zig-zag all the way back to the village, never see any faeries on track because I already murdered them all.
5. Offer any newbie that can find a faerie in the zone till Gearheart spawns 100p.
6. Repeat.

I've been doing this for over 24 hours over the past two weeks... I have not seen Thistle (or the Bracken guy) not even one time.

Seriously, what the F---.
Old 05-04-2016, 06:22 PM
Planar Protector

Run through Lfay with a tracker once in awhile and do other things has a 100% success rate, eventually.
Old 05-04-2016, 06:25 PM
Planar Protector

I used to kill the brownie scout that roamed up to the pixie tower

it seems to share the same path as Thistle
Old 05-04-2016, 06:46 PM
Banned

Dude, I feel you so hard. On average you get a ring drop of either type every 21 minuets at this one camp I was at.. I only started collecting rings after day 3 of camping that mother fucking goblin ghazugi ring.

So like double these numbers.. but basically it means I spent about 40hrs there FML I think Nilbog lowered the % drop of everything on the box to punish us for being retarded on the forums or something.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-04-2016, 08:18 PM
Fire Giant

I've had Thistle spawn on top of me repeatedly at two different places in Lesser Faydark. The first was when I was leveling a Necromancer and was holding the half elf bandit 3 spawn (NOT the sister camp). Roaming Faerie Maidens and Pixies will path along both slopes looking down at the camp, and since I was evil they aggrod on my sitting for mana all the time. Multiple times while leveling from 14-18 there, Thistle spawned and followed the exact path used by the faeries / pixies very near the base of the slope facing the bandit camp that is just across from the zone wall.

Much later, I used the same necromancer to kill every roaming faerie & Pixie as well as static spawns at the Pixie tower (not very far away from that bandit camp, actually) to collect arrows for ivy etched leggings. In the course of collecting the 6 arrows, I spawned Thistle 4 times.

The key (I believe) is simply whacking every roaming faerie maiden & pixie that would happen to have a patrol path leading from the pixie tower down towards the 3 spawn bandit camp. I hope this helps.
Old 05-05-2016, 07:02 AM
Sarnak

Ive done it a few times on this sever. As i am at work i cannot get the exact loc for the spawn but pretty sure it is correct on the wiki. There is a roaming faerie maiden that paths all over the zone. You do not need to track her. Go to his spawn location and wait for the maiden to path back through. She will stop on the location shortly before continuing on her way. You must kill this Maiden and wait for the spawn at that loc. It will either be a maiden or thistle. Seems about a 50% spawn rate for thistle from what i have experienced. Hope this helps.
Old 05-05-2016, 08:12 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

@NegaStoat: Well I've never tried that, I'll go sit there and see I guess. When I did the arrows (brownie outcasts) I would kill them then go murder every faerie maiden in the zone, then get back in time to kill the outcast respawns, and repeat ad nauseum. So I'll try just killing anything pathing around 3 & 4 on the wiki map.

@darkreap: That's where I sit, the spot in the wiki. I've not only killed the faerie that roams there, I've gathered every faerie in the zone (seriously, every single one) and drug them to that spot before killing them with PBAEs all within 10 seconds of each other.

Nothing respawned at that spot. I'm going to assume you did that before the "Thistle now has multiple spawn points" patch.
Old 05-05-2016, 08:34 AM
Sarnak

Oh, didn't realize there are multiple spawn points now. When I did it many months back it went like clockwork. Good luck to you on it.
Old 05-05-2016, 12:03 PM
Orc

On live progression servers, just killing Brownie Scouts spawns him. I would try that. I think there are only 3 or 4 that roam between Gfay and the southern part of the zone.
Old 05-05-2016, 01:41 PM
Kobold

I went to the loc on the wiki (north eastern part of zone just south of gfay zoneline) killed anything that moved within 250 bow range. Eventually things started spawning on that exact loc every 6m40s and on the 8th or so spawn, Thistle popped.
Warning, you will have to kill some faeries and pixies which will hurt your rep.
Acen 51 dark elf wizard
Rheaume Yaxteel 57 barbarian shaman
Closed Thread