Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

Default Incoming Faction Nerf - get it before it's too late!

Just a reminder, get your faction done in WL off giants if you want Coldain/CoV faction maxed!

Remember, a month ago or longer they claimed to be patching in the changes, making it take MUCH longer to raise faction from killing Kael giants.

Shouldn't be much longer, nerf will happen.
Old 05-03-2017, 03:19 PM
Sarnak

What should a 40s mage think of this? Anything worth pursuing?

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 05-03-2017, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuklak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, you are never too low to factionquest.

You might want to get your factions maxed so you can get quested armors if you ever get them as loot, or if you buy the MQ for them.
Old 05-03-2017, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuklak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They should think that this is just a fix for a bug and they don't need to drop what they're doing to exploit it before it gets fixed. Remember, everyone on live managed to get their faction up just fine without "cheating" it this way, so everyone who factions on this server after the fix goes in will be just fine also.

EDIT: No offense intended to anyone taking advantage of this bug. There have been thousands of bugs like this in P99's history, and tons people have taken advantage of them. I'm not faulting anyone, just saying it's not like Velious factioning is all that hard in the first place that anyone needs to interrupt what they're doing to exploit it.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-03-2017 at 03:46 PM..
Old 05-03-2017, 05:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They should think that this is just a fix for a bug and they don't need to drop what they're doing to exploit it before it gets fixed. Remember, everyone on live managed to get their faction up just fine without "cheating" it this way, so everyone who factions on this server after the fix goes in will be just fine also.

EDIT: No offense intended to anyone taking advantage of this bug. There have been thousands of bugs like this in P99's history, and tons people have taken advantage of them. I'm not faulting anyone, just saying it's not like Velious factioning is all that hard in the first place that anyone needs to interrupt what they're doing to exploit it.
I thought this was working as intended, and that the change was only being implemented because on Live it ALSO got changed?

As it stands now, it takes a good 5-6 hours of constant grinding to get your faction maxed, if this is cheating anything I don't see how. It's still a significant time dump just to get some faction up.

I don't think this upcoming patch is "fixing" anything, it just makes it so you have to grind faction 5 times as long as you do now.

Exactly how does this help anything, or improve upon the game by making faction grind even longer than it is.
Old 05-03-2017, 05:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it takes a good 5-6 hours of constant grinding to get your faction maxed, if this is cheating anything I don't see how.
Quote:
Originally Posted by https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/how-many-of-these-en-things-do-i-have-to-kill.30252/
/rant on
Please understand gentle readers that I have been hunting Frost Giants in Great Divide for almost 10 levels. Quite some time ago I maxxed out my Coldain faction. So when a guildmate offered to ** some of the Skyshrine armor with me I figured I should be getting close to Ally with CoV faction. Just to be sure I made the perilous journey through Kael to Wakening Land to present myself to Woushi and see how I stood with the dragons. How did I con you ask. Ally? Warmly? NO!!!! I was Apprehensive!!!!! After slaughtering countless Giants for endless hours I was apprehensive! What do I have to do? Slaughter all of Kael singlehanded? If I could do that I wouldn't need their stinking armor! ARRRRGHHHHH!!!!!! :smileymad:
/rant off
... and that was in 2004 (several years post-Velious-release)

But, as I tried to explain, it's not "cheating" in any P99 sense, just in the sense that what's happening here is easier than what was on live. And again, my point in bringing this up wasn't to say "you're a non-classic cheater if you kill giants before the fix", it was just to say that if however many people playing Velious on live could do it without the bug, so can anyone here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
implemented because on Live it ALSO got changed
I checked the patch notes and didn't see any mention of this, so I assumed it was a P99 thing. But I'll freely admit I didn't check very hard, so it's entirely possible I missed it and this is a classic fix. If so I apologize for implying otherwise, but my point remains the same.

Quote:
Exactly how does this help anything, or improve upon the game by making faction grind even longer than it is.
There are many, many non-classic changes that would make the game better, and I'd donate $500 on the spot if it would make the devs spin up a "Classic+" server with those changes (bring back light blue mobs and buff timers!). But nevertheless live was brutal in a lot of things: slow raising of dragon faction from killing nameless giants is far from the only one. If you make those things less brutal here than it's simply not classic, and (I believe) that's what happened here.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-03-2017 at 05:54 PM..
Old 05-03-2017, 06:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
... and that was in 2004 (several years post-Velious-release)

But, as I tried to explain, it's not "cheating" in any P99 sense, just in the sense that what's happening here is easier than what was on live. And again, my point in bringing this up wasn't to say "you're a non-classic cheater if you kill giants before the fix", it was just to say that if however many people playing Velious on live could do it without the bug, so can anyone here.

I checked the patch notes and didn't see any mention of this, so I assumed it was a P99 thing. But I'll freely admit I didn't check very hard, so it's entirely possible I missed it and this is a classic fix. If so I apologize for implying otherwise, but my point remains the same.

There are many, many non-classic changes that would make the game better, and I'd donate $500 on the spot if it would make the devs spin up a "Classic+" server with those changes (bring back light blue mobs and buff timers!). But nevertheless live was brutal in a lot of things: slow raising of dragon faction from killing nameless giants is far from the only one. If you make those things less brutal here than it's simply not classic, and (I believe) that's what happened here.
Well, the post by random forumquester_1000233 does indicate faction grinding was hard from his perspective, but honestly we can't take one post wrought with hyperbole and claim it as gospel.

I see your point though, and I also concede that it probably was harder to raise faction on Live therefore is getting changed to match it as such.

***I still feel it's fine as it is and doesn't need a patch to change it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-03-2017, 11:18 PM
Orc

On the Live program server, I did Karl Arena twice and was ally to CoV, so they must have changed it since 2004.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
but honestly we can't take one post wrought with hyperbole and claim it as gospel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floraline [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On the Live program server, I did Karl Arena twice and was ally to CoV, so they must have changed it since 2004.
Yeah, I'm a lazy person so I just picked the first (admittedly not so ideal) example I could find. I'm sure the devs have much better examples behind their decision though.

Old 05-04-2017, 12:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Yeah, I'm a lazy person so I just picked the first (admittedly not so ideal) example I could find. I'm sure the devs have much better examples behind their decision though.
It's fine, I just don't see this change adding any benefit to the game, classic or not.
Closed Thread