Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 05:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its actually you who has to provide reasoning since it has been tried a quadrillion of times to go red on a blue server (and i played on alot of blue servers since 1999). just ask your local priest of discord on how many books have been turned in the last 11 years.

the novelty of going red on a blue server wears off pretty fast..those red rum or fohs wont last long, mark my words
p99 is clearly very different because you have a large pvp-loving population on a pve server with no other alternative. On Live you could just choose a pvp server if you wanted.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 12-02-2010, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

and thats the point! there has been a red server with a healthy population (300+) for more than 2 years before P99 opened. unfotunately staff changed and the server went to hell after

P99-devs know what they are doing so a new P99-pvp server would definitely be a success! i still have lots of contacts from vz/tz...every single player would come back in a heartbeat
Old 12-02-2010, 07:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and thats the point! there has been a red server with a healthy population (300+) for more than 2 years before P99 opened. unfotunately staff changed and the server went to hell after

P99-devs know what they are doing so a new P99-pvp server would definitely be a success! i still have lots of contacts from vz/tz...every single player would come back in a heartbeat
Okay. I'm just going to repeat what I said before. Hypothetically, assume the devs are willing to start a pvp server eventually. Why not help them with the bugs that currently exist in pvp, by going red on p99, and testing out pvp for them? Meanwhile you can help those of us who are optimistic about the idea of forming "red guilds".
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
Old 12-03-2010, 06:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay. I'm just going to repeat what I said before. Hypothetically, assume the devs are willing to start a pvp server eventually. Why not help them with the bugs that currently exist in pvp, by going red on p99, and testing out pvp for them? Meanwhile you can help those of us who are optimistic about the idea of forming "red guilds".
there is no rocket science involved starting a red server with the code of blue servers at hand. i do even have the code of old vz/tz on my hard drive but i dont have the ressources to start one.

and wasting time by going red on a blue server just because hypothetically a red server could happen in the future is a no go for any pvper wanting to play in a full pvp environment.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
there is no rocket science involved starting a red server with the code of blue servers at hand. i do even have the code of old vz/tz on my hard drive but i dont have the ressources to start one.
Are you ignorant of all of the bugs involving pvp right now? Spells randomly don't land, they don't give visible messages pertaining to whether they land/fail/wear off/etc., melee damage is completely fucked, resists are totally wrong, dispell doesn't work as it should, and so on. Also there are still ways of hacking to get an advantage which pvp incentivizes, so they'd have to fix that too. They could never make a pvp server before resolving these issues.

Quote:
and wasting time by going red on a blue server just because hypothetically a red server could happen in the future is a no go for any pvper wanting to play in a full pvp environment.
Then you're never going to get a pvp server, because of the above.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
Old 12-03-2010, 10:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
there is no rocket science involved starting a red server with the code of blue servers at hand.
It's not rocket science, but it takes a lot of friggin time. So unless you're personally willing to invest the time, don't bother. PvP is coded very differently from PvE, so it's not so easy as just copying p1999's current code to a new server and forcing red tags on everyone.

I've always personally felt that EQ pvp was clumsy and pointless, but to each their own...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:34 AM
Planar Protector

newsflash, there has been always hacking involved in pvp servers and btw, i hope you dont realy think that P99 is played legit by everyone.

its actually you that is ignorant since there is a difference in the code between a blue and a red server. the things they fix here wont necessary work the same on a purely red environment.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not rocket science, but it takes a lot of friggin time. So unless you're personally willing to invest the time, don't bother. PvP is coded very differently from PvE, so it's not so easy as just copying p1999's current code to a new server and forcing red tags on everyone.

I've always personally felt that EQ pvp was clumsy and pointless, but to each their own...
as i said before i have the code of vz/tz, iam just not a coder nor do i have the ressources to run a server.

are you a coder since u know that it takes alot of time or r u just spewing out some words that come out of your mind?
Old 12-03-2010, 11:08 AM
Aviak

Quote:

this ^ sup mitic?
Closed Thread