Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 10:35 AM
Large Rat

Default DUOing in dungeon areas

It's bullshit to claim a camp in a crowded dungeon area with a duo group where you don't intend to invite other players.
There's plenty of areas in Everquest where you can go without the nuisance of grouping with strangers, but dungeon areas are not one of them.

Everquest is an MMO, and you have to keep in mind that other players would like to get experience as well.

If you wanted your experience to yourself, you could go play Skyrim or some other single player game.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:03 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Who are you to dictate how many people can be in a group. If they are killing the mobs at their camp what concern of it is yours. Let me guess your some non dps hybrid that would add nothing to the duo
Old 10-28-2014, 07:18 PM
Sarnak

Could be worse man. You could be in lguk, call camp check, bring a group all the way down to frenzy to see that it is camped by some 60 who only checks screen on timer repops...
Old 10-28-2014, 07:25 PM
Large Rat

I'm a druid and I always invite people to my groups. I think it's bullshit to take a group spot in a crowded dungeon as a duo because then 4 people who could have gotten xp will have to spend their time waiting for you to finish up.
If you wanna duo, why not go somewhere that isn't already crowded with people waiting to find a group?
Old 10-28-2014, 07:34 PM
Banned

"people don't play this game the exact same way i'd like to play it. somebody validate my self-centered opinion" - OP

i don't know what you're looking for, but you're not going to find any sympathy here. maybe play a class that's not fucking useless in a dungeon setting?
Old 10-28-2014, 07:36 PM
Planar Protector

Welcome to blue.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellringer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could be worse man. You could be in lguk, call camp check, bring a group all the way down to frenzy to see that it is camped by some 60 who only checks screen on timer repops...
If you're just after Xp this isn't that big of a deal. It's 3 mobs. People should just not expect to be able to get any highly valuable loot while xp'ing until they're xping in KC/Seb.

Unfortunate reality of top heavy server.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 10-28-2014, 07:46 PM
Large Rat

You say that it's okay to claim a camp where a full group could have gotten exp, in an already crowded area, with a duo and call me self-centered?
Do you not know the meaning of the word or are you just one of these 300k pp twinks who just doesn't care about other players?
Old 10-28-2014, 07:49 PM
Large Rat

And the camping of Frenzy is one thing. You're camping one mob because you want his drop, because it's a nice haste item for your alt. I get that. Get your loot, give the camp to the next person.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:53 PM
Banned

what are you talking about tho, like where? If its like the pond in MM and youre like, no nobody can join us.. thats kinda lamers yea...

but if its like someone camping the exe/sage area duo for xp and fun, let the two boyfriends cybor.
Closed Thread