Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: keep it nerfed or wat?
un-nerf it 361 89.14%
keep it nerfed 44 10.86%
Voters: 405. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 12:17 AM
Sarnak

is it the same on red as it is on blue?
Old 01-20-2012, 12:31 AM
Kobold

Another reason Kedge XP is so good is that underwater mobs have a higher XP mod as well. Hence Bloodgills in Lake of Ill Omen. It's not that LoIO has an awesome XP mod, but the fact Bloodgills are underwater mobs GIVES them an XP mod.

I remember reading something about this a while back. So perhaps a change was made to the mob itself rather than the ZEM?

<The Mystical Order>

Alts:
[34 Wizard] Motlee Crue (Human) <The Mystical Order>
[4 Wizard] Aysee Deecee (Human) <The Mystical Order>
[2 Wizard] Vhan Halen (Human) <The Mystical Order>

Live - Tallon Zek 2000-2005 / Drinal 2007-2008
[80 Sorcerer] Acillatem Zoso (Human) <Knights of the White Rose> / <Veritable Quandary>
Old 01-20-2012, 12:52 PM
Kobold

It wasn't uncommon to get 3% of a level per kill in kedge in the low-mid 40s. It was a bit outrageous.

That being said, I do think it feels like too much of a nerf now.
Old 01-21-2012, 03:18 PM
Fire Giant

bump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Old 01-21-2012, 03:50 PM
Aviak

I wish i didnt feel so useless when all you guys have mages to kill Phinny, lol
Old 01-22-2012, 09:57 AM
Planar Protector

Man Nalkin i give you mad props for spending so much, on P99, in Kedge Keep. It's just not the same zone as it was in Live. It's just simply too buggy. From targeting issues, to agro problems, this is the worst zone on P99. It's probably a good thing they lowered the ZEM.

On Live, I loved Kedge Keep. I used to take all my 35's there and ding them to 42 in just a couple of days because of the insane bonus. Even my level 35 troll warrior with a rubi bp and fishbone earring (pre-Kunark) could solo in Kedge at the zone-in. Try that here...not happening.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

i don't remember KK's exp being nerfed in classic
Old 01-31-2012, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Man Nalkin i give you mad props for spending so much, on P99, in Kedge Keep. It's just not the same zone as it was in Live. It's just simply too buggy. From targeting issues, to agro problems, this is the worst zone on P99. It's probably a good thing they lowered the ZEM.

On Live, I loved Kedge Keep. I used to take all my 35's there and ding them to 42 in just a couple of days because of the insane bonus. Even my level 35 troll warrior with a rubi bp and fishbone earring (pre-Kunark) could solo in Kedge at the zone-in. Try that here...not happening.
Targetting issues have been fixed. Aggro issues just find a puller or someone who can pacify (Paladin, Cleric, Bard, Enchanter, Druid, Ranger) and you can split any room pretty easily minus Phinigel room cause the resists on the swirlspines is broken. Then a level 35 warrior with a rubi BP could solo pretty easy imo if they got single pulls.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Targetting issues have been fixed. Aggro issues just find a puller or someone who can pacify (Paladin, Cleric, Bard, Enchanter, Druid, Ranger) and you can split any room pretty easily minus Phinigel room cause the resists on the swirlspines is broken. Then a level 35 warrior with a rubi BP could solo pretty easy imo if they got single pulls.
The resists on the seahorses isn't broken, it's classic:

Quote:
Submited by: Anonymous On: 2/16/2001 11:22:48 AM Rank: worst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 best
Well, let me just add that the swirlspines are much more difficult than their lvl indicates. We raided KK with about three groups, and most of us were above lvl 50. On an overpull, we were dealing with three at once, and it was a hopeless situation. If that happens, best plan is to get your clerics camped fast. We could not seem to get them stunned, and they must have very high magic resist, because our two chanters could not mez any of them. The worst part is that they are apparently of the cleric class, so they can heal themselves. The ones we fought just kept healing themselves (and probably each other) over and over and over. It was an exercise in futility, and although I didnt hear them laughing at us, I imagine they were. As a lvl 52 necro, the only thing that I was able to get to stick was my poison based dot. Pretty much everything else got resisted - even lifetap. Of course, they will also summon the casters who make them mad, which they did to me several times. Think feign death works??? Well it didn't for me. All I can say is be PREPARED for these bad boys and only pull ONE AT A TIME or you are in for big time trouble. Good luck. =P
As for the exp, it was mentioned several times that it was too high before and so it was nerfed to something more closely resembling classic.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 02-13-2012, 12:34 AM
Fire Giant

bump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Closed Thread