Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Which class should I play? (Casual; grouping most of the time)
Bard 16 13.11%
Enchanter 20 16.39%
Shaman 25 20.49%
Ranger (haha, kidding) 58 47.54%
Other (please state in your response) 3 2.46%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 05:31 PM
Banned

(Erudite + Cazic thule religion) Cleric.

Obvious reasons. Clear newbie levels, solo in unrest, solo in paineel -> seb groups.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:40 PM
Fire Giant

Shaman, given the limitations of the options in the poll. Be prepared to suck from around 15 until 34 however. Nonetheless you will suck at SoW speed.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:50 AM
Planar Protector

Make a Ranger, really. Why take the easy route out. There are 10,000 Shamans on here. Ranger gear and weapons are super cheap. And they are killer for farming with track.

Anybody can be a Shaman or a Monk.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:53 AM
Fire Giant

My highest main was a ranger (lvl 70). It was a lot of fun. I even played the tank in a semi-perma group until the low 40s. Was the most fun I had in EQ. raiding in PoP to DoN was still really fun (after GoD i started to kind of get bored with it all). I got to do a lot of CC work in raids. rangers arent useless at all.

They bring good DPS, snare, patch heals, and good CC abilities to a group. Outdoors they are the best pullers with track + harmony.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnomishfirework [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My highest main was a ranger (lvl 70). It was a lot of fun. I even played the tank in a semi-perma group until the low 40s. Was the most fun I had in EQ. raiding in PoP to DoN was still really fun (after GoD i started to kind of get bored with it all). I got to do a lot of CC work in raids. rangers arent useless at all.

They bring good DPS, snare, patch heals, and good CC abilities to a group. Outdoors they are the best pullers with track + harmony.
remembering this, i rolled a ranger. i didn't even make it to one yellow before i gave up.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:50 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

webrunner5, could you please elaborate on your previous statements?
Old 02-16-2012, 11:49 PM
Aviak

Perhaps i came off more aggressive than i meant to be, its simply if you put a joke option in a poll everyone clicks it and you dont get a good answer, as shown here.

So apologies.

I think webrunner means that as no one plays rangers on this server any ranger specific items are incredibly cheap as there is no market for them.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:12 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Here's my thought process as of late..

I used to play a druid, which i liked, but it sucked getting a group high level even on live. now, with ranger being a hybrid of a druid and a warrior, it makes sense why people wouldn't want you: you offer versatility, but everyone is better than you at anything you can do. The up-side of this (i read somewhere on the boards) is that my arsenal would give me the opportunity to make good decisions and impress others; the opposition of this being a pure melee where gear matters more, and it's mostly about rolls. Ranger gear has a small market, so the prices should be good (helps with equipping the melee-aspect of the char since it'll be my first character).

Bard, half enchanter half warrior? so, utility and damage. slightly more soloability than a ranger, and eventually a faster. Less damage (from what i've read), but the make up for the damage comes in utility such as haste, str buffs, etc.

Enchanters can solo, and always have groups. They have little HP, so they die fast. Also, from looking at the pie chart made a few months ago showing pops of classes, enchanters were the most populous at max level; rangers and bards were 4% and 5% respectively.

Shamans are strong in groups and solo. They also have a high % of population, but they survive better than enchanters (clearly best min/max choice).

I think in the spirit of things, I am not going to min/max, and thus not choose enchanter/shaman (tough for me because i am pragmatic by nature).

Activating my trap card would cause me to just roll another druid because they are boss.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:20 AM
Aviak

I voted for Ranger and not as a joke. They are not as gimp as people make them out to be. And the only dead rangers people actually see are the bad ones. Rangers can solo, rangers can group, and rangers can raid.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:19 AM
Kobold

Wanted to play ranger but I balked on the idea due to the ridicule they receive.
Closed Thread