Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-01-2012, 07:57 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseBanned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
found a keylogger embedded in this installer, i wouldnt use
could you elaborate?

thats a pretty serious claim
Old 06-05-2012, 05:55 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

i ran into an issue with this "all in one installer" when i am asked to pick a directory, an error message always occurs no matter where i choose to install. it says something to the effect of, this is not where eq is installed. any advice?
Old 06-05-2012, 03:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseBanned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
found a keylogger embedded in this installer, i wouldnt use
Absolutely false, there is nothing malicious in the installer. Scanned by various Anti Virus scanners, all return negative.

What file does it say is malicious? Does your computer have a virus that is infecting other files?

Here is a scan with 20 different Anti Virus scanners. All return negative. Link to the scan is here http://virusscan.jotti.org/en/scanre...00bc383f558256

You can run your own scan at http://virusscan.jotti.org

You are either getting false positives (in which case running a virus scan on official fresh install of EverQuest Titanium should tell you Sony put a Virus in EverQuest too), or you were infected from elsewhere and its spreading to other files....

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Chrushev; 06-05-2012 at 04:20 PM..
Old 06-05-2012, 04:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by agahnim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i ran into an issue with this "all in one installer" when i am asked to pick a directory, an error message always occurs no matter where i choose to install. it says something to the effect of, this is not where eq is installed. any advice?
If it gives you that error that means that you are not pointing it in the right directory. Make sure you are pointing it in the same directory where the game files are. Make sure that the game is not installed inside of a folder in a folder... for example C:\Everquest\Everquest

if so then you have to point it to that second folder.

PS - just to clarify, you need to have EverQuest Titanium edition installed. This will not install the actual game for you.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:16 PM
Decaying Skeleton

just wanted to add, ive run 2 scans and no returns of threats
Old 06-10-2012, 02:41 PM
Banned

I installed the "High Quality Sounds" part of Duxa's installer and prefer the old sounds, does anyone know if there's any way to undo it? Besides re-installing Titanium?
Old 06-11-2012, 04:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I installed the "High Quality Sounds" part of Duxa's installer and prefer the old sounds, does anyone know if there's any way to undo it? Besides re-installing Titanium?
Put this file into your EverQuest directory overwriting the old file --> snd2.pfs
Old 06-11-2012, 09:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrushev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Put this file into your EverQuest directory overwriting the old file --> snd2.pfs
Thank you brother!
Old 06-16-2012, 09:59 PM
Banned

any way to reverse the one option in the installer that changes the multiprocessor option?
Old 06-18-2012, 12:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Writ3r [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
any way to reverse the one option in the installer that changes the multiprocessor option?
That option simply adds a new shortcut (in start menu) and on desktop (with old EQ icon), if you dont use those then the "fix" is not in effect. If you dont have any other shortcuts you can make a new one by going to where EQ is installed and right clicking on "eqgame.exe" and selecting "send to" then "Desktop as shortcut", that way ull get a new shortcut on your desktop (see image below for icon differences).

PS - Alternatively you can use EQemu to start EQ, in which case it will not have the fix either, unless you select EQ's own option to run with single core from its settings menu, which is off by default).

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]