Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 11:48 PM
Fire Giant

I'll refund as soon as i get to the bottom of this debacle because I know for I fact i've never used a third party program. I honestly don't even know what MQ is.

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"
- "In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."

Old 05-30-2013, 11:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systolic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you not read my OP? I'm not trying to get pity. I know that I took a risk, and I got screwed.. It doesn't mean the judgement is just.
This is not your server. By playing on this server you are agreeing to the rules. These rules are there for a reason, and you are failing to see past your own viewpoint here. For instance, if they unban this account what would stop people in the future from cheating and then selling the account, with both buyer and seller knowing that a cheating program was used? You could still argue "but I wasn't the one that cheated." It doesn't matter.

The OP and the tone of the rest of the thread are a bit different. The OP appears to be a PSA warning people against account buying, which is good. But then in the rest of the thread you are upset that a GM won't unban this account, when you said in your original post "I know what I did wrong" and "I just made this post so that maybe someone else out there will avoid my fate." This account will not and should not be unbanned, and I don't possibly see how the GM's could force C to refund you.

If Chtulu didn't cheat, he's definitely not going to refund you. If he did cheat and then knowingly sell you the account, do you really think he's gonna be the bigger man and give you your plat back? If he did cheat and sell you the account, are you really going to base your decision on whether or not to stay on whether a jerk gives you your plat back? Why give him that power? Be the bigger man.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:02 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison 1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doesn't know what MQ is. Something everyone talks about on these forums for years.

That is 100% believable.
let me clarify. I don't know what it does exactly. I'm not aware of it's functions.

Old 05-31-2013, 12:09 AM
Fire Giant

Wait a few months and ask for a review; they've unbanned many of TMO and FE accounts after awhile

Old 05-31-2013, 01:02 AM
Banned

Why would you leave? you got free stuff when your friend left and decided to buy an account with it and its banned? just pretend your friend never gave you anything and continue playing and build your own wealth
Old 05-31-2013, 01:19 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by chtulu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll refund as soon as i get to the bottom of this debacle because I know for I fact i've never used a third party program. I honestly don't even know what MQ is.
"I know I can't be proven guilty of doing something illegal, but if you can prove I did, then I'll apologize and compensate"

If no one has touched this account before you, then 1 of you 2 should be perma banned because it's obvious one of you was hacking. Ever seen a person come clean for a crime on camera? They exclaim their innocence, cite their proof of how it can't be them, then the cops tell them they've got proof they did it and they start crying and apologizing.

Maybe you should lawyer up.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:44 AM
Planar Protector

Ah yes, I remember this market in accounts, ah yes I do. This whole kind of mess, top to bottom, yeah. Ebays, they were then called, aye, because really, it was shenanigans up and down the county line and no one had time for that.

But then again

I sometimes wonder...

Can it be that it was all so simple then?
Or has time re-written every line?
If we had the chance to do it all again
Tell me, would we? could we?

Memories may be beautiful and yet
What's too painful to remember
We simply choose to forget
So yes, Norrath, it's the laughter
We will remember
Whenever we remember...
The way we were...
The way we were...
Last edited by Sadre Spinegnawer; 05-31-2013 at 02:47 AM..
Old 05-31-2013, 03:06 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"I know I can't be proven guilty of doing something illegal, but if you can prove I did, then I'll apologize and compensate"

If no one has touched this account before you, then 1 of you 2 should be perma banned because it's obvious one of you was hacking. Ever seen a person come clean for a crime on camera? They exclaim their innocence, cite their proof of how it can't be them, then the cops tell them they've got proof they did it and they start crying and apologizing.

Maybe you should lawyer up.
Well if you're implying that I am potentially the one who used MQ2, you should probably look at the story as a whole. Why on earth would I buy an account, twink it out, and then hack with a program that is totally detectable by the GMs... and even then within 3 or 4 days of owning the account. It just makes no sense.
Old 05-31-2013, 03:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Be the bigger man.
I am. That's why I am leaving. I don't agree with the policies. I don't agree with the decision made by the GMs, I don't agree with the fact that Chtulu got almost 50k and a Tier Dal set for my getting essentially reset in exchange.

Your condescension isn't warranted or needed. Perhaps my tone changed a bit because arrogant, trenchant douchebags decided to come into a thread in which I was trying to provide a warning to benefit everyone else and derailed it by attacking my character for buying an account.

Now please, get out of this thread. You've said your piece, I've said mine, and you have nothing more constructive to contribute.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:54 AM
Planar Protector

If you unknowingly buy contraband or stolen goods, you don't get to keep it once discovered. Same idea here on P1999 for the same reasons. You're essentially a victim of fraud. It's commonplace for the buyer to be the biggest loser in such cases.

You can, however, apply pressure to the seller if you know who he is. I'm sure defrauding players is against some rule or another. Maybe he'll claim he let his "friend" play the account before selling it to you.

P1999's detection method is highly unlikely to return false positives in this area.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 05-31-2013 at 06:57 AM..
Closed Thread