Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

View Poll Results: Do you support closing Red99 for a new Blue server?
Yes. 318 81.54%
No. 72 18.46%
Voters: 390. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 02:41 PM
Kobold

In B4 trannies take over thread and ask fro a rainbow server
Old 08-17-2017, 02:59 PM
Banned

if you play red and blue, you're a therefor purple
Old 08-17-2017, 03:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you play red and blue, you're a therefor purple
I got a gif for that.. hang on...
here it is..
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 08-17-2017, 03:03 PM
Banned

omg thats so beautiful i tear'd up. +1
Old 08-17-2017, 03:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got a gif for that.. hang on...
here it is..
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
highly applicable gif. nice job.
Old 08-17-2017, 03:46 PM
Kobold

Default Red votes

Well the 8 people that play on red already voted against it, guess that's all of them. Time to shut it down
Old 08-17-2017, 03:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes - I would love to see the exact moment when people realize a new server isn't solving any problems
Old 08-17-2017, 04:11 PM
Aviak

The only reason people want a new server is to get a guise. That and dreams of getting stuff from sleepers tomb. Little do they know that the same people who already got that stuff will most likely be the ones getting it again and then wake the sleeper again.
Old 08-17-2017, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really don't think it's going to happen, just because of what the project is about.

First off, PvP servers were part of classic EQ. The goal of Project 1999 is to re-create classic EQ. If people couldn't experience the joy/horror of classic PvP then Project 1999 would have partially failed at their goal.

Second, Blue has been around for many years now, and for most of that time people have been asking/begging/demanding a new server. But every single time the staff repeats the same thing (if they even bother to respond at all): you'll get a new server when we're done with the code. If the last fifty people requesting a new server got that answer, why would things be any different now, especially when the devs are closer than ever to completing their ultimate goal?

Just be patient, enjoy what you have (a really awesome classic Everquest server with great staff supporting it), and someday there will be a new server for us all to enjoy.
On live the pvp servers total pop was like 1/20 non pvp servers and there were 10x the number of non pvp servers. If you have only 2 servers, 2 blue servers 0 red is closer to the classic ratio than 1 to 1.
Old 08-17-2017, 04:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazlo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only reason people want a new server is to get a guise. That and dreams of getting stuff from sleepers tomb. Little do they know that the same people who already got that stuff will most likely be the ones getting it again and then wake the sleeper again.
I played on P99 when it was relatively new as well as Red99 beta and those were by far the funnest times I had playing EQ since live. It had nothing to do with getting a guise, it's just way funner to play on a fresh server where everyone's starting out from scratch. All the low-level zones are crowded to the brim, everyone is in ragtag gear doing all those shitty quests like Scarab Armor and Bullsmasher. Everyone is actually grouping up because you can't really solo efficiently in a guild tunic. The server is just a lot more social and feels a lot more alive.
Closed Thread