Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 02:37 AM
Fire Giant

Default Zlandi Heart - better for necro or enc?

A friend of mine and I were discussing this. Having played both classes to 60 (enc on live, necro on p99) I definitely feel like the item is very good for either class.

For the necro it just ups effeciency increasing the time between having to worry about your life total when in Demi Lich.

For the enc it has no immediate benefit as long as you are not being beaten on. However you will get beaten on. Especially when charm-soloing and having a charm break causes you to drop to ~20% hp before recovering. This leaves a long recovery time before your hp regen up naturally to an acceptable amount for you to responsibly continue what you were doing. The 5 extra regen is a pretty big boon here too.

What are some of your thoughts?
Old 08-18-2017, 06:49 AM
Planar Protector

I'd say enchanter will see a bigger power increase from this item than a necro, even moreso if the necro is iksar.

Necros can lifetap to heal themselves in many situations (and tap an eye if anything), enchanters must sit and painstakingly regen any non-rune lost HP's.
Old 08-18-2017, 01:01 PM
Kobold

Like Izmael said, it's great for both, but in different ways.

For necro it's a nice efficiency boost that's useable all the time. For enc, it's a potential live-saver recovery item, but it's not something you'd have all the time due to the stats. Negative CHA is a no-no and the int is nice, but that's all it's got.

As an enchanter main who has played necro, it's frankly way easier to use regen/wort potions as needed than to carry around a 150k+ Zheart just in case.
@EndorraFeyborne Discord
Old 08-18-2017, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

An Enchanter would not use a ZHeart as his primary weapon. It would be a situational item that you would only equip during downtime. Use Illusion: Troll instead to regen faster, and if you're needing to regen frequently, you're doing something wrong with Rune and Bedlam (or not using them at all).

A Necromancer can use ZHeart all the time. It's a great investment for them.

Conclusion: Great for Necromancer, situational item that's not worth the price on an Enchanter.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 08-18-2017, 05:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and if you're needing to regen frequently, you're doing something wrong with Rune and Bedlam (or not using them at all).
^This. I carry Wort Pots and 20hp/tick and 40hp/tick regen pots on my Enchanter at all times and I barely ever use them.

If charm breaks are causing a high level Enchanter to drop to 20% HP routinely they are doing something extremely wrong or fighting unmezzable mobs. Bedlam + Rune 5 is 1050hp that never needs to be regened, the majority of the time pets shouldn't even get through Runes before you get them under control.

20/hp tick regen pots are 70pp per charge for 400hp worth of regen, so for 700pp one ten dose pot will heal for 4,000 hp.

Z Heart's are at least 160k now, for the same price of a Z-Heart a person could buy 228 ten dose 20hp/tick regen pots and heal yourself for more than 914,000 HP's before potions were more costly than a Z-Heart.

The advantage being when you do need the HP the pots will heal you 4x as fast, 20/hp tick vs 5hp/tick, or you'll regen 8x as fast if you're using the 40hp/tick regen pots. Also with pots you dont have to equip a -CHA item for the regen, but the downfall of regen pots is the -INT effect for the 2 mins the regen is active.

Z-Heart is definitely more valuable for Necro that can benefit from it pretty much all the time imo.
Old 08-23-2017, 02:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
An Enchanter would not use a ZHeart as his primary weapon. It would be a situational item that you would only equip during downtime. Use Illusion: Troll instead to regen faster, and if you're needing to regen frequently, you're doing something wrong with Rune and Bedlam (or not using them at all).

A Necromancer can use ZHeart all the time. It's a great investment for them.

Conclusion: Great for Necromancer, situational item that's not worth the price on an Enchanter.
Eh, i don't know if I agree.

First of all, it's very easy to obtain max Cha even while having z-heart equipped.

Second, you have to consider the most important facet of EQ. Which is Fashion Quest. Z-heart has high level FQ.

Third, 20 int and +5 to resists is awesome.

Add in the regen, which is the most OP stat in p99, i'd say that there is a strong argument that z-heart is BiS over enchanter epic at level 60. I almost never run out of mana, and i'd much prefer to use VoG over epic click haste. There has been numerous times where the regen has saved me soloing, and even during raids. But i've never ran into a scenario where I would have survived if i had click haste instead of VoG.
Old 08-23-2017, 03:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eh, i don't know if I agree.

First of all, it's very easy to obtain max Cha even while having z-heart equipped.

Second, you have to consider the most important facet of EQ. Which is Fashion Quest. Z-heart has high level FQ.

Add in the regen, which is the most OP stat in p99, i'd say that there is a strong argument that z-heart is BiS over enchanter epic at level 60. I almost never run out of mana, and i'd much prefer to use VoG over epic click haste. There has been numerous times where the regen has saved me soloing, and even during raids. But i've never ran into a scenario where I would have survived if i had click haste instead of VoG.
VoG plz
Old 08-23-2017, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
I almost never run out of mana
So the INT is almost always useless, then. Sounds like a Zheart is going to be about as useful (useless) as FSI. Good players will argue it's not necessary, and any race can play Shaman/SK/Warrior well. Bad players will use it as a crutch and claim it's OP.

I can find better ways to spend 200k than a mostly vanity item that will be useful less than 1% of the time. Like I said before, if you can't stay at full health using just Bedlam/Rune5/Trollform, then you're doing something wrong.

And getting to 255 CHA might be trivial, but staying there while raising your AC/HP is not. Is there any chance you have a Magelo to this magical Enchanter that still has 205 unbuffed CHA while wearing a Zheart? If you're wearing JC made trash CHA items, I'm going to nix that outright.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
So the INT is almost always useless, then. Sounds like a Zheart is going to be about as useful (useless) as FSI. Good players will argue it's not necessary, and any race can play Shaman/SK/Warrior well. Bad players will use it as a crutch and claim it's OP.

I can find better ways to spend 200k than a mostly vanity item that will be useful less than 1% of the time. Like I said before, if you can't stay at full health using just Bedlam/Rune5/Trollform, then you're doing something wrong.

And getting to 255 CHA might be trivial, but staying there while raising your AC/HP is not. Is there any chance you have a Magelo to this magical Enchanter that still has 205 unbuffed CHA while wearing a Zheart? If you're wearing JC made trash CHA items, I'm going to nix that outright.
200k? More like one day's worth of dkp.
Old 08-24-2017, 01:08 PM
Fire Giant

I do have to agree Z-Heart is probably BIS fashion quest.

I'd still probably use pots though. 20hp/tick or 40hp/tick > 5hp/tick when you need it, which shouldn't be very often.
Closed Thread