Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 06:38 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardalicious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The PVP on this server WAS pretty boring tbh. You'd que into the same pre-made groups in WSG / AB all day errday, and people just didn't world PVP for the hell of it like back in the day. A majority of people joined to experience PVE again it seemed.

You'd see some fun fights in Silithus or over a world dragon once in a blue moon, but that was it. And once you've realized how lackluster it is to sit through 4 hours of clearing BWL 6-8 years later, there isn't much left to draw you back. If raid difficulty directly equates to the struggle of finding 30-40 people to go every night, then yes, vanilla wow raids were "hard".

Oh, and this server is far from bug-free. Probably better than when I left, but still. When we opened AQ40, every boss we'd progress through in the place had to be significantly fixed. I can only imagine what the nightmare of Naxx will be.

lololol sounds like the pvp on red. some here a lil bit there. and once in a blue moon over dragons. but thats gone. lulz @ red. still fun if u can find some quick pvp for 10-15mins tho.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lololol sounds like the pvp on red. some here a lil bit there. and once in a blue moon over dragons. but thats gone. lulz @ red. still fun if u can find some quick pvp for 10-15mins tho.
Yeah, at least scriptcraft had around 1500+ players on during prime time to keep PVE going. I had high hopes for Red99, but let's face it - the people that want to relive classic PVP are in a small minority. And the people in that minority that are willing to play on a 100% legit anti-MQ server is even lower.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

The community is what makes a great server. Nilbog and Rogean have an excellent PVP server, better than most of these players deserve. But it'll still leave something to be desired without the type of players that populated EQ back in '99. The sad thing is that the pvpers of this community haven't come to realize they've successfully killed off what will probably be the last hope of having a decent server to pvp on.

I think they'd have more success with Red99 if they'd scrap the server and run it in month-long intervals with the same rule set that Discord had. Roughly 3-5x xp rates, old-world zones only, coin loot and any death resets you to level 1 (but you kept your gear). Then whoever was at the top of the leaderboard at the end of the month had the option to transfer that character to P99, get a title or novelty item, etc.

Discord was tremendously fun and competitive. It would have been an even bigger success if they had the means to implement anti-hacking measures such as what P99 uses.

Oh well. I've come to terms with the fact that it'll never be as fun as Rallos Zek in '99.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:17 PM
Planar Protector

cant wipe, people invested way to much time in this thing. would be cool if they ran a discord server though. you would always have people going in and throwing their lives away. i probably went through 8 or 9 ogre when discord was up. shit was pretty fun as long as you didnt take ganking personal
Old 04-29-2012, 06:18 PM
Planar Protector

*opened up a seperate discord server, not convert/wipe this one
Old 04-30-2012, 06:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
*opened up a seperate discord server, not convert/wipe this one
A separate server would likely stretch what little population this community has too thin. Though being able to transfer your character from discord to Red99 if you were the winner of the cycle would be neat too I suppose. But then it falls back to the original problem Red 99 faces now: population.

I just don't understand why that server isn't doing better than it is. The server and scripting is far more stable than any emu pvp box to date. And the P99 anti-hax keeps everyone at an even level of competition. Perhaps they need more advertising on other forums? Some good PVP videos made? It would also help to set up GM-driven PVP events. Some of the best PVP experiences I had on Rallos were through GM events, most notably being Mayong appearing in Steamfont and an assortment of Arena brawls. Anything to keep people interested, really.

You'd think the emu pvp community would be a bit more willing to invest time and effort in a box they know isn't likely going to vanish in a months time, as all the others have. But, sad to say, I suppose a lot of the emu community is so overcome with a sense of competition that they don't want to play on a server they can't get away with MQ on. I mean, shit, look at how many were busted on P99 for cheating, and that was only competition over PVE.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:12 AM
Planar Protector

They left because they cant hack it.

They kept losing in PVE, have no pve knowledge, still thinks every fire giants drops mithril ala vztz.

They figured they couldnt kill anything with their crew and when people that have more than half a clue about PVE showed up on their PVP server, they started a forum crusade which turned a lot of people away from our nice server.

Now whats left is people that says " lol bluebies came here to PVE". We're still playing everquest right ? this is a PVE game at first. I'll gladly kill people trying to kill a raid mob here. I'll fight over fire giants/phinigel once in awhile if people in my guild needs that. The lguk pvp doesnt interest me, I dont need anything there.

One of the reasons I came here was that I didnt have to deal with the high-end "wake up in the middle of the night before the other guild does" type of raiding. I also like the PVP aspect of this server and that I could build a guild that took control of everything.

Pretty much like I did on Sullon zek!
Old 04-30-2012, 12:33 PM
Banned

insta 49 for all the bitch *****s
Old 07-23-2012, 12:41 AM
Orc

Bump! Scriptcraft is back, virtually bugless. 800-1000 players on at primetime. Server was released July 21st! Come play [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-23-2012, 01:50 PM
Sarnak

Lol scriptcraft with the guy who stole tons of code from other wow private serves. He also stole the donations and roll yea no thanks!
Old 07-23-2012, 01:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawll [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol scriptcraft with the guy who stole tons of code from other wow private serves. He also stole the donations and rolled yea no thanks! Oh and he was running the server on a 4 year old desktop and modifiers on the realm pop to make seem like more people are online.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HodbsEN1GRw
Closed Thread