Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 10:33 PM
Kobold

20-25ish seems a tough range. People have suggested Gorge hounds, but wasn't a fan. The Gorge zone is such a long run away, if you get in trouble you'll never make it without sow. And there was a Griffawn that kept getting in the way.
Old 07-21-2014, 12:13 PM
Kobold

Can we add FM giant fort from 34-40, great exp, fast repop, very safe. I would charm a craig, give it augmentation, break charm, root it, and send tumps in. After about 6 or 7 pet kills you can finish the craig and start the cycle over.
Old 07-27-2014, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

For levels 51, 52, and 53, I just did the moat in the back of CoM when I couldn't get a group. This is on red, as I am sure it is much more camped on blue.

I would grab a ghost, give him a torch, toss on haste, and watch him melt faces. I would pull a mob, root, and use the 100 mana slow (tepid deeds I think?) on the mob. He could usually make it all the way around before I would release him to refill his hp by using mesmerize on him until it mind wiped.

On red you get a large exp bonus for each additional group member, so I would add anyone. A bard was great because I could /duel him and theft of thought his mana (if OOR). I even finished out with a warrior that would fight every other mob because we had no heals.

Hopefully I am done soloing for a bit, but if not, I will try the goos on the cloud bridge, in the goo house, the two goos in the one house chilling solo and then the ramparts.

P.S. Anyone got a lead on Clarity 2 on red? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-06-2014, 02:21 PM
Large Rat

Anyone else have a recommendation for 18-24ish? I am in unrest right now but it is very tricky. I had one guildie mention upper guk spiders but my 14 cleric duo partner wants to stay in Unrest till 35ish. Is there anywhere on Faydwer i can solo while he isnt online? I look at Castle Mistmoore but i think im too low.
Old 08-06-2014, 02:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcadus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone else have a recommendation for 18-24ish? I am in unrest right now but it is very tricky. I had one guildie mention upper guk spiders but my 14 cleric duo partner wants to stay in Unrest till 35ish. Is there anywhere on Faydwer i can solo while he isnt online? I look at Castle Mistmoore but i think im too low.
Go to EK. Have the cleric pull a mob to the guards at a farm. Start casting charm on the mob when it hits like 40% hp. Try to land charm it when it is below 10% health. Move it away from the guards, break charm, nuke and kill.

I did like 19-23 doing this.
Old 08-06-2014, 05:23 PM
Planar Protector

If you're not using your pet to fight an enemy you have to double the amount of charms cast per kill. Having the guards kill for you is nice but it means you're charming for every kill rather than every second one (enemy and pet).

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 08-06-2014, 09:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Go to EK. Have the cleric pull a mob to the guards at a farm. Start casting charm on the mob when it hits like 40% hp. Try to land charm it when it is below 10% health. Move it away from the guards, break charm, nuke and kill.

I did like 19-23 doing this.
you can actually start doing this at 16, the problem is the guards by the merchants double for 79 and can take any of those hounds/griffawns from 40% to 0% in a second. I tried doing this but eventually gave up, sometimes 1 in 10 mob pulls were a success.

Squire Wimbley by the bridge is another option but he likes to nuke and if he starts his bigger magic nuke before charm lands it will still land after you have a new pet.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:14 AM
Large Rat

Thanks for the suggestions guys however i was looking for something on faydwer as I said in my post. If my buddy signs on and wants to do unrest id like to be close. When he isnt on id like to charm solo.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:05 AM
Planar Protector

Faydwer is terrible outside unrest for killing places. Dagnors cauldron is probably the only place. Find somewhere safe and kill undertow skeles. Watch out for aqua goblin bosons and tidal lords.

Good luck.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 08-07-2014, 08:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcadus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unrest is tricky around those levels because you really want 20-24 to do fireplace but at high teens main floor slows down a bit.

I suggest sticking it out on the main floor with charm, and moving up to fireplace once you are in low 20s. Especially with a cleric duoer.

Utilize AE Mez for tough breaks. Send pet, AE mez, and easily handle a room of 5. Just be sure to recast every 24s.
Closed Thread