Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2014, 01:55 AM
Banned

Default Really Getsome and IB ?

So a "raiding" guild saw an FTE message go off at Faydedar. They knew the FTE wasn't on someone in their guild. They waited until the FTE was pulled to Ogre isle and then engaged and killed another persons (Key word here) FTE without asking that person for permission to do so (This is called Kill stealing). Then instead of allowing the person with FTE to loot the corpse he had FTE on they looted the Faydedar corpse (Ninja Looting) and logged out.

Knowing he and his guild blatantly broke server raid rules Getsome immediately comes to the forums to play politics in the raid discussion section. His defense... Play dumb and act like it's ok to kill another persons FTE and loot the mob just because a person doesn't have a guild tag. Here is a hint Getsome. FTE is the golden rule on this server. Has been for a longgg time. Playing dumb is not going to get you out of this. The last guild to KS ate a 2 week suspension (Ninja looting the corpse aside). Anything less than that for the actions of IB today should make all guilds angry.
Old 05-25-2014, 03:24 AM
Planar Protector

why would your puller not be tagged? you guys some kind of morans?
Old 05-25-2014, 03:33 AM
Planar Protector

What's the difference? If it's not your engage, don't engage it. Pretty easy.
Old 05-25-2014, 03:33 AM
Fire Giant

this is a clown thread bro
Old 05-25-2014, 03:40 AM
Banned

Bold move making that new forum account
Old 05-25-2014, 03:52 AM
Planar Protector

Pretty cut and dry to not engage mob you don't have FTE on. Even if the puller was not guilded at all that dragon belongs to him until either everyone on aggro list wipes, or he drags it to ogre isle and has no raid force and stalls on an engage.

But really, why would a puller you use consistently not be tagged?
Old 05-25-2014, 04:15 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty cut and dry to not engage mob you don't have FTE on. Even if the puller was not guilded at all that dragon belongs to him until either everyone on aggro list wipes, or he drags it to ogre isle and has no raid force and stalls on an engage.

But really, why would a puller you use consistently not be tagged?
He did wipe.
Old 05-25-2014, 04:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkCamel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He did wipe.
He died. If it wiped, there would have been a new FTE message.
Old 05-25-2014, 04:20 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He died. If it wiped, there would have been a new FTE message.
I'm just a passer-by so I will concede, but I thought from the raid forum post they said Golden died and that he lost his engage.
Old 05-25-2014, 04:34 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkCamel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm just a passer-by so I will concede, but I thought from the raid forum post they said Golden died and that he lost his engage.
Nope. The Raid Forum also has all the raid rules posted and clarifications so people do not get confused. There is never an excuse for what happened at Fay. Allow me to post a couple.

"Q: What classifies a mob as "Engaged"?
A: A mob is classified as engaged as long as it has aggro on at least one player. Once a mob has lost aggro on all players on it's hate list, it will begin to path back towards it's last location prior to being engaged. The mob is considered 'un-engaged' while it is pathing back. For the purposes of this document, a target has "reset" when it is pathing back to it's spawn point after it's hate list has been cleared.

The intentional manipulation of the FD mechanic to engage/disengage a raid target multiple times will be viewed as raid disruption."

As you can see a mob is only unengaged off the initial FTE once every player on it's hate list is off it. It must be starting to path back to it's point of engagement and it's hate list must be clear. Cut and Dry. This is why secondary aggro and having 2 pullers is important. This is why guilds use 2 people to engage the mobs. To ensure the pull makes it to the raid if one of them dies. One last one to cover directly what rules they broke on this engage.

"Q: What if our raid is disrupted? What if our raid interferes with another raid?
A: "Raid disruption" and "raid interference" are broad terms that cover a long list of things (near simultaneous FTE, training, kill-stealing, etc). In situations where raid interference has taken place, guilds must make all attempts to work this issue out between their respective leaders/officers."

No actions were taken by IB to clarify the situation and work it out even though they had 5 to 6 minutes to do so during the pull. They never contacted the person with FTE on Faydedar to ask if they could kill it. They instead spent that time deciding to KS the FTE and contacting Taken about splitting the loot on it. This is pretty cut and dry I think even when the GMs take a look at it.

I mean it is pretty obvious they knew what guild the guy was affiliated with that had FTE. They didn't contact TMO officers or the guy they contacted Taken about loot distribution on Fay.
Closed Thread