Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 05:37 PM
Banned

classic was yea you have 100-150 MR and you wont ever really get hit by CC abilities unless tashed, then it was still kind of hard to land. the thing was sony made it so these abilities weren't so over powered because melee's, regardless of being able to pumice themselves or not. would easily get root rotted.

everyone acts like pumice is an item you start off with with your noobie food and water. no this isn't true and verant/sony changed shit like mezzing players, fearing players, chain rooting players-- so that it wasn't so devastating and over powered--back when they gave a shit about the PVP servers.

Crowd control abilities are the game breaker, know its been said oft times, is general common sense for any PVP game. But-- this resist system makes it so as OP as your gear can get.... the people that don't have gear still have a chance in PVP.

because if everyone with pos100 MR ran around the whole time, never being disabled, pretty much nobody (high end/fully geared) would ever die without a bard group on them; before making it to a zone line, or allies.

if pvp was 100% classic. We would be mezzing people and charming their group members and sending your charmed player pet into the guards outside of nektulos.

GG.

anyways Brogean and staff making PVP accessible and fun since 2011. carry on.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:39 PM
Sarnak

-Off topic-

I got so much xp today! I went from a large rat to a scrawny knoll! Talk about evolution.

What's up doh-he how u been foo.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:59 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Not_Kazowi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melveny [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree. Crowd control spells are game breaking in pvp. All it takes is 1 lading and you are dead. No skill or effort required.

However I like the idea of all spells having a "chance" to land, and by chance I mean a very slim chance. Like you may burn 2 bubs of mana for that 1 root to land in pvp.

Rexx what up, heard u been playin but havt seen u o box or in vent. Been a long time hope Alls been good.
hey super pal, i quit playing once i got to 50 because i dont want to camp gear in a beta, plus i had a gank squad of casters bind camping me etc, just not worth the time. I may log on if someone hooks up resist gear so i can pvp
Old 10-21-2011, 07:18 PM
Sarnak

Yeah I'm not to keen on goin to crazy with farming gear, Savin that for the live grinde. I'm just rockin my 27 sk messin around testing if I like dark elf. Checking out how "classic" it is, so far I'm liking it.

Sniper did pimp me out a bit with my dwarves ringmail and dark reaver, slayin them orcs.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:44 PM
Orc

What UI is that? Is it usable on the r99server. I would love for text to come up on the screen like that.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:37 PM
Kobold

Whenever I check these forums, it's just the same retarded shit over and over.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:41 PM
Sarnak

What up Tononi*, long time how u doin
Old 10-21-2011, 08:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol @ right click spell gem for category names
lol @ corpse changing into original form on death
haha, yeah. Spell sets make it super easy to interchange!

p.s. those spell icons are the ones I am looking for if anyone knows how to get them!!!
Old 10-21-2011, 10:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Casters will be just as effected by this as meele.
Nope, casters gate the instant they see a zerg of people coming to chain root/snare/stun them to death. Death increases exponentially for melees while casters still have a "get out of jail free card" and just run away from every fight. If they're dumb enough to stick around, then yea, they suffer the same fate, but most just gate out the second the situation isn't in their favor.

These changes really deter PvP in general. On EQ live, if I'm playing a melee and see two casters outside, I'll stick around and fight them because even though they can kill me, I still have a good enough chance at killing one of them to make it worth my while.

Under Null's system on VZTZ, I don't go anywhere near 2 casters outdoors because the odds are too high in their favor for me to consider it worthwhile to fight them. Just showing up with more people and facerollling your keyboard gives you such an advantage that I don't even consider it PvP. It's zerg based, no-skill combat.

People who are actually good despise this system because it allows horrible players to compete with you. People who are bad love it because they get to stand next to stationary, perma-immobilized targets and melee them down. There is no skill to this, it's god awful.

We waited all this time for a real, legit PvP server then got bait and switched into the exact same server as VZTZ again out of the blue? Wtf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good system Null, will promote more group vs group pvp and cut down on the "im a druid with 150 MR and unkillable" griefer syndrome.
LOL. This guy is so clueless it hurts. The null system actually encourages and empowers "grief" players. You will see nothing but 6 <Holocaust> perma root/snare/stunning clueless blue players for free kills all day long under the Null resist system. With normal EQ mechanics, they have a much easier chance of escaping. With the Null system, they are free kills.
Last edited by MakeYouMad; 10-21-2011 at 11:43 PM..
Old 10-21-2011, 11:37 PM
Planar Protector

ya ol pvp champ jousting 18 zerglings at the same time gunna be tough, this system sux imo crowd control spells were 95% of the time resisted for a reason
Closed Thread