Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 06:56 AM
Planar Protector

Thumbs down Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. (Wall of Text)

This post is in response to the “Nice! How’s VP?” post, but due to it’s length and the fact that it’s also a good mini history of certain aspects of p99 - which some players may not be aware of - I’m giving it it’s own thread.

In The Beginning

In the beginning, the Earth was without form, and void. Then from the mists of time began the conspiracy theories about a crew of people on Project 1999 variously known as Rusty Long Swords, Fine Steel Long Swords, Inglourious Basterds, and Transatlantic Rampage.

The Kool-Aid Krew

Jimlizzia Jones' group of miscreants - Transcendence - started this nonsense. It began with Sky. Someone (Astro) had the bright idea to try and actually use the sky portal spell, which was available, but not supposed to work. Lo and behold, he got in, so we went exploring. We killed the fairies, but since sky wasn't quite developed yet, the keys didn't work, and we couldn't get to island 2. We did however grab a warrior haste belt, which went to Olympia. Although we expected to have the loot stripped, the GM ruling was that we could keep our loot, a precedent that would be carried out through many mishaps in the history of this server. This decision was carried across the board. To my knowledge, no loot has ever been stripped from characters for a mistake of the Dev's, except maybe Goobles being in the hole, but even there, I am pretty sure several items from the hole still exist on this server.

This is when Transcendence and a few of the more gullible people on the server started donning their Tin-Foil Hats of Destiny, and with their powers of groupthink decided that we were getting handjobs from Nilbog & co. Time after time we beat them to spawn after spawn, and the rumors raged and grew, turning a somewhat cohesive, smallish community of nostalgic gamers into a seething mass of hate-filled trolls throwing poop at each other in ways that would make monkeys blush.

Next came the Plane of Hate. Unlike Sky, which was more obviously not supposed to be open, we honestly weren't sure about Hate. We ported up and rolled through several trash mobs, garnering 2 or three crappy armor pieces, before the GM's thunderclapped our raid and told us to get lost. In both of these cases, the GM's left the doors open accidentally, and we just went in, for fun, because we could and because it was fucking awesome. None of us are apologetic about it, and while you might question the ethics of it, we honestly would have been fine with the loot being stripped, and were just in it for teh lulz. P99 wasn't such serious business back then as it is now, and most of us were itching for something new.

This incident fed fuel to the fire that Transcendence was tending, and the rumors grew and grew.

Next: Draum and Cohort. A shadowknight and cleric respectively, who appeared out of thin air with a legit-sounding story of duoing to level 50 anonymously. We had 17 people in our guild in SolB at or near level 50, and those guys were down to kick it, so we decided to try and take down Lord Nagafen. After failing 3 or 4 times, we finally got our shit together and pulled a good strat out of our asses, killing the red wyrm and earning the title "the Dragonslayer." Several days later, their anonymous-duo story was debunked, and it came out that Draum and Cohort were the products of a GM's account getting hacked, and subsequently GM-levelling 2 characters to 50. We thought it was funny that nobody had ever heard of them up to level 50, but their gear was fucking horribad, so we didn't really think too much of it.

Of course this just made the lackwits desirous of those shiny hats Transcendence were wearing, and the reputation of our heroes was fairly cemented. Xzerion was basically accused of every crime on the books, and the masses flung their filth with the certainty of ignorance.

These incidents are here chronicled in the interests of full disclosure. To be sure, there were hundreds of other unfounded rumors of how the GM’s would bend over for us at our pleasure, and they were generally perceived as gospel by anyone not in IB.

This is where the story goes astray from the path.

Tantalar, a ranger in Transcendence, was chastised and de-levelled for abusing the tumpy tonic quest to gain levels. It would be bad enough had this been all of the information about this incident, but the fact of the matter was that Tantalar had an alter ego. You see, Tantalar was also known as GM-Bristlebane, someone who damn well knew better than to exploit an obvious bug (over and over and over again) for personal gain.

Tibador was the original (co- ?) guild leader of Transcendence. Transcendece, accompanied by Tibador (who we can only assume was OK with it) was caught red-handed with fraps for evidence exploit-pulling Phinagel Autropos through the floor, bypassing the seahorses, which are far harder to kill (lol) than Phinny himself. It would be bad enough had this been all of the information about this incident, but the fact of the matter was that Tibador had an alter ego. You see, Tibador was also known as GM The Nameless, someone who damn well knew better than to exploit an obvious bug for personal gain.

Then came Vox. Killed by Transcendence the night of the DDOS with 8 people. Yes, I said eight. Allizia had figured out that Vox’s AE didn’t check the Z-axis, and that if they positioned her just right, they could chain pet her down without getting feared or damaged. I don’t know if Tibador was complicit in this act or not, but it’s just more general bullshit coming from the people who cried foul at us.

Well, after all of these incidents, it is my understanding that the GM’s who had play-characters were either removed from being a GM or given the choice to chose whether they wanted to keep GM’ing or keep playing. Xzerion decided to keep playing, and no longer had access to a GM character to my knowledge. At some point after that, he was given back the title of a Developer for Kunark. I am not privy to the machinations of the project leaders, but it is my opinion that this reinstatement was due to Xzerion’s seniority as a gm/dev - having been there from the start, proven record of fairness, and work output in developing for the server.

Nobody in Transcendence ever produced a shred of evidence of any serious wrongdoing by anyone in IB that was not followed by swift punishment including guildremoval of that person by the leadership of IB. I’m not saying that everyone in our guild was perfect and just, but the leadership had a very bleak outlook on people who used 3rd party programs or exploits.

That is quite amusing, because the very people fomenting the hyperbolic rumors of suspect ethics within IB were in fact the ones abusing the most bugs and exploiting raid mobs etc.

Dark Suspension

Yet another case of the crow calling the raven black.

The most training, suspect engagements, KSing, and general shitbaggery I’ve ever seen was Failbait and the early days of Dark Suspension. Between RallyD crashing zones and directing this crew to KS and then ninjaloot Maestro, and Raren etc. duping and duping and duping, I believe Dark Ascension earned their monniker of Dark Suspension many times over. Raren? Check. RallyD? Check. Koota? Check. Modus? Check. Spawn timers? Check. Dupes? Check. Guild-approved ShowEQ? Check. Guild-approved MQ? Check. All documented and reported with results from the GM staff.

Doctored screenshots of first-to-fifteen anyone? Anyone?

Of course, that didn’t stop me from joining them whilst on my hiatus from the IB crew, because they were #2, and I wanted to fucking raid, but it’s true nonetheless. While I was in DA, I heard more talk about how we should train and ks etc. at every chance than I’ve ever heard in any game ever. Besides the rule breaking, I never witnessed any specific overt cheating (dupes, 3rd party, etc.), except after the fact when certain people were banned or suspended. They kept their talk of cheats to a select crew of people in the upper echelons, but we all knew what was happening. Several of DA and I did our best to speak out against cheating, but it did no good. When I made my infamous anti-military post and was summarily discharged from DA, I was 2 shakes from officership (many can vouch, durpison is an easily manipulated thrall who had the good fortune of being a figurehead at the right time when a mass exodus from the failbait occured.. he was always looked at as a joke, has very little skill or knowledge, and was basically the accidental “leader” of DA who accomplished very little leadership), and it was my intention to help those guys clean house. C’est la vie.

From duping and training, to ninjalooting and the guild sanctioning the use of 3rd party programs, to scamming and kill-stealing, and even mass recruiting in the EC tunnel, this crew of people is basically guilty of every major sin in the mmo community. It has all been well-documented, and many, many repercussions have been visited on individual members and the guild as a whole. It is very telling that those who have had GM interventions on their accounts have been kept in the DA crew or kicked briefly and welcomed back. Very telling indeed.

I only wonder how much shit they’ve gotten away with that nobody knows about.

Modern Tin-Foil Hattery (Xzerion Revisited)

You guys are basically just dumb now.

We’ve been through this ringer time and time again, with much better trolls than you. You’re fucking noobs. You can’t come up with any evidence of any wrong doing, yet you accuse us of being demons from the abyss. You call out Xzerion, one of the nicest, most straight up guys I have ever met - we’ve had our differences, but not-nice and unethical is something that I would never call him. He has bent over backwards for 3? years now to help bring you fucktards the baddest ass mmo experience on the fucking internet, and you shit on him. Shame on you. How dare you? Go somewhere else if you don’t like him playing and helping develop, because your bitch asses are not fucking wanted here. What the fuck have you done for this community? It certainly has not come close to equalling one tenth of the work he has done to make this possible.

Seriously you shitty cretins, start running fraps. If we’re breaking the rules, you will catch us. I dare you. Please. We welcome the inspection. Since that probably won’t happen though, and since in the face of 100% lack of any evidence supporting you, you will continue to troll us..

We’re going to have fun with it. You keep painting us like villains, we may as well fuck with you. You’re never going to stop, so fuck it. We don’t give a shit what you think, or how it makes you feel. You’re bullshit. Even Rogean publically said that thinks it’s fucking funny how we troll you bitches. He’s been here through all of this, and knows how ridiculous all this shit about us being unethical is. Again, I don’t speak for every member, there are bad apples undoubtedly, but they get dealt with in this guild.

Thank You

I saw a few of you who have had the tinfoil hats on apologize to Xzerion. This post is still directed at you, but at least you have the nuts to admit when you’re a dickwad, and I appreciate that.

In Conclusion

Eat a dick.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:57 AM
Kobold

And not a single fuck was given that day...
Old 07-21-2011, 07:00 AM
Planar Protector

u so cleva
Old 07-21-2011, 07:25 AM
Fire Giant

Server history from a TR troll, how quaint.

And what utter BS.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:29 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wall of text
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zereh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what utter BS.
Correction, some validity, very biased.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:37 AM
Fire Giant

tl;dr
Old 07-21-2011, 07:47 AM
Fire Giant

I'd have to agree with Hasbinbad. No one comes to Fraps our raids, and exploiting is extremely prohibited.

(Aimed at Zereh, because I see his "Utter BS" statement as non-conclusive)

And I feel bad for Xzerion. He is kind of the guy that gets thrown under the bus because everyone that is too fail to progress in this game finds him as the perfect excuse to make themselves feel better.

Not to mention that being a member of TR; I have no clue what he does as far as development terms (and I bet neither do you), but I can assure you his name isn't in green text, and also that he is not banishing any raid mobs we as a guild fail at.

Niether does he have any manipulation power whatsoever in game, but Hasbinbad is right. Just like on live -- top guilds will be the tier 1 of conspiracy theories.

But, fortunately, my statements are directed at only a select few, that actually really beleive all this nonsense and or people that are trolling the subject.

I hope someone takes this to heart. This server is a really good project, the vast majority here are better than any live server I have played on. I really do believe that P99 is a proven concept of an MMO industry that has turned too care-bear -- and that people enjoyed how it was back then compared to now.

If anything, people should spend most of their energy trying to get more people to play here, and to help out the players. Rather than tear it apart from the inside out.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koota [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tl;dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yada yada yada
Guild-approved ShowEQ
yada yada yada
Koota? Check.
yada yada yada
It is very telling that those who have had GM interventions on their accounts have been kept in the DA crew or kicked briefly and welcomed back
yada yada yada
Maybe not guild approved in DA, obvious and ignored yes, but certainly before in the other guild you were and officer in, Eminence.

Hope that is short enough for you to read.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:02 AM
Banned

Vazdeline hits an important point. If half you you spend the time you commit to being rude individuals towards promoting P1999, and getting people playing here, this server would be amazing.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:18 AM
Fire Giant

Did shenanigans occur? Without a doubt. Do they still? Probably so.

Claiming that IB/TR is completely innocent throughout it all is what I call bullshit on. And your failtroll attempt at PR does nothing but make it worse.