Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 01:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman8810 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How does this fuck it up? You will be able to offload the real life money you make using a third party (Paypal or potentially directly to your bank). This widens your customer base and allows for more secure transactions. Also, you will be able to sell characters. I, for one, love building characters in addition to end game farming. I also tend to build one character to max and then never play him again. As such, I love the idea of being able to sell off my old characters.
wait.. WHAT? is that how they're going to make money off of this? offer ebay type services for rmt traders? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yeah I'm down
Old 08-03-2011, 02:46 PM
Sarnak

Say you want to sell a certain item for $10 and with the auction house, you sell it and earn your money. BUT blizzard is probably going to keep a percentage of that money so the $10 you sold the item for, your really getting like 8 or 9. Blizzard is one of the most money hungry video game companies I've ever seen. Well at least that's my theory on it but I doubt that they don't plan on making a profit out of this.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:29 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastadam55 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Say you want to sell a certain item for $10 and with the auction house, you sell it and earn your money. BUT blizzard is probably going to keep a percentage of that money so the $10 you sold the item for, your really getting like 8 or 9. Blizzard is one of the most money hungry video game companies I've ever seen. Well at least that's my theory on it but I doubt that they don't plan on making a profit out of this.
They have already said they will take a cut for posting and a cut for selling. If that cut amounts to 10-20% is it really that crazy? You are, after all, going to be selling items/characters you earned by playing a free-to-play game. Are they really so greedy due to wanting to make some money to help keep D3 profitable as time progresses? Quite honestly, you sound just as greedy for begrudging them a cut of the money YOU will make by playing on their free servers.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:30 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to deakolt

i don't think it's greedy at all i agree

Bulltrue
Deakolt
Old 08-03-2011, 04:12 PM
Banned

if anyone is boycotting d3 over this purist will take your beta keys if u get any thank u
Old 08-03-2011, 05:55 PM
Large Bat

Cant say I blame them afterall they are a business making money. I dont think this will sway many people away D3. It has such a massive cult following I think most wont even bat an eyelid.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:29 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slathar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how dare a company try to make a profit through new means, why i never...
that is definitely an excellent troll, its a good troll when i know im being trolled but im still mad at you for being such a slimeless scumbag to even troll about something as porky as corporate greed ruining one of the last great nerd hobbies.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by rak-012 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cant say I blame them afterall they are a business making money. I dont think this will sway many people away D3. It has such a massive cult following I think most wont even bat an eyelid.
i didnt even buy starcraft 2 and i loved starcraft 1.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:23 PM
Fire Giant

lol @ tags, i see the redfags have been here
Old 08-03-2011, 07:38 PM
Sarnak

d2 was overrun by bots tryin to make moneys anyway, so maybe this auction will stop that mulefactory.commulefactory.commulefactory.commulef actory.commulefactory.commulefactory.commulefactor y.commulefactory.commulefactory.commulefactory.com mulefactory.com and similar spam, and you could also use jsp and such to get better itams quicker, so if you want fairness on d3 just play on hxc, where apparently you can't buy gear. see u on hxc fucklers