Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really don't understand the logic behind this decision, either.

Why nerf a core (essential, really) class ability instead of a single item?

It would be like if an item gave a charge of FD that people were using to train, so FD was nerfed across the board.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think it's so much that the spells are set wrong as it is that raid targets MR is wrong.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:05 AM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Part of the problem necros have is the mindboggling nerf of all lifetaps...

I still have no idea why they didn't just fix the hoop (change cast time to 20s or whatever, or even just remove the effect) rather than nerfing all lifetaps.
http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...9&postcount=27
Old 01-18-2013, 09:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
well they say all, but there are a few that you very well can land taps on 100% of the time.

reading through some of those people's stories, they say they can tap inny and CT... That's not happening on p99, mine have always been resisted against them.
Last edited by Autotune; 01-18-2013 at 09:12 AM..
Old 01-18-2013, 09:14 AM
Sarnak

Necros are needed in the raid scene. That said they are VERY boring to play - you will be a mana battery and "sometimes" be able to use a pet. Your pet hardly damages the mob and doesnt resist most AEs (dies fast). The only fun thing is when the raid dies and you get to drag 40 bodys to a safe spot - now thats hella fun =P
Old 01-18-2013, 02:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakidd4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey guys. I'm relatively new to the community. Just recently started up on P99 and made a DE Necro currently lvl 14. My question to you guys is how viable are necros at the endgame/raiding scene? I've been told they're pretty much useless for raiding. Only really good for spamming mana battery on healers. Is this true or someone exaggerating? If this is true. What class would you guys recommend that's able to solo relatively well but is still desired for raiding at lvl 60? I play quite a bit during the day while at work and not many people are online the same time as me. So if I don't play a class that's able to solo decently I'll never hit 60. But at the same time I don't want to hit 60 and have no raid guilds interested in me either. Any advice would be really appreciated! Thanks in advance [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Times like these I wish I had high lvl friends to PL me :P
Are classes are "viable" on raids and have role to play. However several are more essential than others. Necros fit into the "others" category.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Whoops, looks like big Nilbog is taking me to classic school.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 01-18-2013, 03:56 PM
Aviak

This period on live was basically a deadzone for necros. They basically just twitched. Kind of boring, but whatever. Great for the clerics!
Old 01-21-2013, 03:37 PM
Banned

Thanks a lot for all the info guys. Really helped out. I think I've decided to stick with the necro for now. If i decide later that i want something better for raiding at least I'll havr a char to supply plat and twink gear for a different char.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:19 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah necros used to be able to Tap on anything.. In 99 I watched a very low level Necro on Live kill a Hill Giant in North Karana once. He had the giant hung up on the Wizard spire, running in place (before they changed things so the mob would warp through the geometry). He'd cast Life Tap and sit down to meditate. It took him forever but he eventually won and got the kill..

Regarding Necros in end content Raids. They are most certainly needed. As mentioned, they are a supporting class primarily. They will be twitching clerics and helping with CR's. You should define what it is that you are interested in for end content raids. If you want to be more involved in the action, roll a melee class. Remember though that you have a LOT of time ahead of you to get to the end content so pick a class that you will enjoy for that ride instead of worrying over the end raiding stuff..
-----------------------
Old 01-21-2013, 10:02 PM
Aviak

necro = some dps, twitching, DMF, in some raids doing FD/rez with the mage to skip things, or FD on a wipe to rez a cleric but yeah.. the main part of your job is leeching mana (mind wrack) and twitch your fellow healers and chanters [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread