Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 01:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by beel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this is not true
Level 4 Mesmerize:

Quote:
1: Mesmerize (2/55)
2: Memblur (1%)

Causes your opponent to fall into an enchanted sleep for up to 12 secs (2 ticks @L2 to 4 ticks @L4). This spell works on creatures up to level @1.
@1 refers to 55 in the above.

Level 59 Rapture:

Quote:
1: Mesmerize (2/61)
2: Memblur (40%)
with a similar description. @1 is 61.

What am I missing?
Old 09-25-2016, 09:57 PM
Fire Giant

I'm lvl 50 now and I use my level 4 mez regularly. The short duration is perfect to mez, tash, and charm.
Old 09-26-2016, 02:21 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwally [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have been messing around in The Hole on my 50 Enchanter working on getting some xp. The only problem I have ran into is when multiple named spawn while xping. Any suggestion on a good place to solo at 50? The Hole is great until a named spawns and I either have to wait on someone to kill him or take 30 minutes trying to kill him without dying.
I have successfully killed every named that spawned there, including a cleric one (don't quite recall the name but it WILL Cheal itself). I guess you just need to be lvl 51-52 for more chances to land roots and slows on these.

What you do is Lull a named (might take several casts or you'll need to run for zone once-twice), then also Lull everything around it. Mez/tash/charm/haste a regular ele pet, give it 2 crap weapons, and send on named. Pull it out closer to entrance by using /pet back off, then try and land Shiftless deeds on it ASAP.

A hasted ele that was at least 70% hp when your slow landed usually does the job. You can also try Dazzle named first, tash/slow it then go charm/haste pet and sick on it. In case of a cleric named use ToT and Mana sieve as much as you can and it won't Cheal (at least it didn't for me and killed it twice already).

Also if charm breaks midfight, dont be brave and haul ass for zone then try again. Roots usually don't last very long on these nameds, and dealing with one + hasted DW pet is nasty business.
Old 09-29-2016, 04:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotopes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have successfully killed every named that spawned there, including a cleric one (don't quite recall the name but it WILL Cheal itself). I guess you just need to be lvl 51-52 for more chances to land roots and slows on these.

What you do is Lull a named (might take several casts or you'll need to run for zone once-twice), then also Lull everything around it. Mez/tash/charm/haste a regular ele pet, give it 2 crap weapons, and send on named. Pull it out closer to entrance by using /pet back off, then try and land Shiftless deeds on it ASAP.

A hasted ele that was at least 70% hp when your slow landed usually does the job. You can also try Dazzle named first, tash/slow it then go charm/haste pet and sick on it. In case of a cleric named use ToT and Mana sieve as much as you can and it won't Cheal (at least it didn't for me and killed it twice already).

Also if charm breaks midfight, dont be brave and haul ass for zone then try again. Roots usually don't last very long on these nameds, and dealing with one + hasted DW pet is nasty business.
Yea, when i hit 52 it became much easier to kill the named mobs. I have moved to Velks now at 54 and clear the floor insanely fast. I haven't had much time to play the past few weeks, but I plan on staying in velks for a while since i'm pretty broke and need some plat.
Old 10-12-2016, 07:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faywind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where's a good place for a lvl 20 to charm? I was thinking Paineel guards or Runnyeye. Any other thoughts?
I have never spent much time in Runnyeye. Any time I did try to fiddle around there on a twink alt or something, it felt like I either saw greens or reds... plus there were lots of casters and pathers and the place is a maze, imo. Lowest level would be your best chance imo to get solo xp in there, down around those rivers and stuff with rooms off them and all, but pathing still might be nuts down there, and I don't know the levels.
Old 10-12-2016, 07:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwoneo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
RIP Tecmos. He was a fun and interesting lad.
Rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated. I take multiple-month breaks from p99 like twice per year, but I've still been coming back since before Kunark. You would know better than most, Petros!

Just dinged 52 with Noman, actually. I tried to post a screenshot but apparently I don't know how to embed images into posts on these forums anymore.

I got fed up with WoW (well moreso with the people I end up playing with than the game itself) and Eve (can't manage to play it without sitting down for hours at a time without any interruptions whatsoever, which doesn't work well for me). Probably will make some videos soon when I don't feel like reading or hunting in my free time... I wanted to do one in COM just to show the ropes of the place as a solo chanter, then a few in HS.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 10-12-2016 at 07:35 AM..
Old 10-12-2016, 07:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotopes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can also try Dazzle named first, tash/slow it then go charm/haste pet and sick on it. In case of a cleric named use ToT and Mana sieve as much as you can and it won't Cheal (at least it didn't for me and killed it twice already).

Yep.

When I killed them in there at 50-51, charm lasting for the duration, landing shiftless deeds (twice, it would wear off iirc) so pet doesn't get thrashed, using buffs on pet, and burning basically all of my excess mana on berserker spirit and rune III is what it took to get those guys down.

I never ran into the wizard name. He would have required all of that and a ridiculous amount of luck to deal with ice comets/rends/etc.
Old 10-16-2016, 12:23 AM
Planar Protector

Threw a new video in City of Mist just now. Wasn't too pretty. I was rusty! Just messed around on the mid/upper levels of COM for an hour while getting back into the swing of things.

I'll get a bit of buffer into 52 then go to HS next.
Old 10-17-2016, 05:22 PM
Planar Protector

Shot a video of HS entrance last night, got really close to 53 while doing housework earlier today, and just did another video for HS basement too!

I'll definite visit HS north tonight to make it a cool 3 videos for the day [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-17-2016, 08:11 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never ran into the wizard name. He would have required all of that and a ridiculous amount of luck to deal with ice comets/rends/etc.
Not that much harder, just need to send pet in first so it doesn't nuke you but rather your pet instead, then drain mana ASAP. It goes oom quickly and has less hp than some other nameds.
Closed Thread