Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 11:15 AM
Kobold

I know monks have always been high on the dps charts, but there is no way that Azeth should be getting out dps'd with a Freeti War Spear and dragon haste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daltheb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
here's hoping my class doesn't suddenly find itself getting raped!
I don't think it would really rape the class at all. A monk in classic/kunark/velious should never complain. I wish Rogues were able to tank better, pull more effectively, have poisons work right(screwed class skill since the dawn of EQ FTL), be able to pop a self heal, and put out the same dps as I do now. Sadly, thats how EQ has always been.
65 Ogre Shaman
70 Erudite Paladin
85 Wood Elf Bard/Dark Elf Enchanter
Last edited by Ponden; 12-22-2010 at 11:19 AM..
Old 12-22-2010, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

I'd like to point out that my dps on Dalthebs parse is bogus due to afk'ing!
Old 12-22-2010, 04:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd like to point out that my dps on Dalthebs parse is bogus due to afk'ing!
It's already bogus cuz I don't think you were even present for half of them. The totals aren't really important, but the Accuracy over the fights is good.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know monks have always been high on the dps charts, but there is no way that Azeth should be getting out dps'd with a Freeti War Spear and dragon haste.

I don't think it would really rape the class at all. A monk in classic/kunark/velious should never complain. I wish Rogues were able to tank better, pull more effectively, have poisons work right(screwed class skill since the dawn of EQ FTL), be able to pop a self heal, and put out the same dps as I do now. Sadly, thats how EQ has always been.
here here. the monk conspiracy of silence must be broken.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:24 PM
Banned

Mend still refreshes when you zone. Sorry bros, let it out.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:00 PM
Planar Protector

i also suggest all monks be forced to reroll due to bein' cheaters/terrorists.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:45 AM
Kobold

You're either with us or against us! - George W. Bush
65 Ogre Shaman
70 Erudite Paladin
85 Wood Elf Bard/Dark Elf Enchanter
Old 12-23-2010, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

entire fear raid

Sochin

Azeth

Last edited by azeth; 12-23-2010 at 05:31 PM..
Old 12-23-2010, 06:33 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

1. the monk that azeth quoting is using cof and azeth is using rbb i think

2. monk overall dps is higher than rog, but rog esp the one with Freeti War Spear got a god damn epic brust dps. azeth can jump from dps chart rank 5 jump to rank 1 from 30 dps jump to 48 dps in matter of second... but ya, sochin will catch up over time given that freeti spear is 15/40 and monk fist is 14/28 and better haste.

flykick contributed 30% of monk total DPS, nerfing into from 100% to 61% mean a 10-15% dps drop in total dps.
but ya if monk fly kick got nerfed...then we better come up with something to boost monk normal attack dmg otherwise ranger and warrior is going to out dps monk, let alone monks have always been high on the dps charts.....

and also ...using the same weapon(Pos Fist), there is a damage different between with haste buff and without Haste buff, monk's fist damage per hit actually decrease as the attack speed increase <-- is this classic as well?

it is like a shotgun vs a submachine gun....you hit alot faster but you hit alot lighter. i have never played classic before, after getting enc/shammy haste buff, the number of attack increased by alot, overall damage increased but the average dmg per hit decrease as the attack speed increase. i keep getting single digit dmg like You crush a xxxxx for 1 points of damage. after getting haste buff.

ps: Monk's Kick are Laser + GPS guided

Part of the mighty zerg force in P99
Last edited by iamjack; 12-23-2010 at 07:24 PM..
Old 12-23-2010, 06:35 PM
Fire Giant

I have seen plenty of flying kicks miss. Maybe the parser isn't recording a missed kick under the right " Missed" section.
Closed Thread