Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 10:32 AM
Banned

naw nigadon naw
Old 07-23-2014, 10:33 AM
Planar Protector

Wish we had REAL pumice to recharge, not this new crap with casting times. My guild used recharging in classic, although not to the extent it is used on P99 with fully stocked recharge mules and the like.

Pros: Makes the game harder. Harder to mobilize without cap recharges and everyone having OT hammers via Puppet Strings. DPS have to control their aggro. Tanks have to manage their hate. Cuts down on cheese factor of everyone having to have said items to be decent raiders.

Cons: Destroys an ability people had in classic to reuse their Leatherfoot Caps/Invis Mask/Rings. Won't take away Midnight Mallet issues.

Considering the length that people go through to camp Soulfires right now, removing recharging will just result in the socking of these camps to acquire some of these items. Midnight Mallets won't go away since people can just dump rubies on Laguna all day long when she is up.

If recharging were to be removed as "fixing a bug" that existed in classic, perhaps we could see an unnerfing of Ivandyr's Hoop and let it turn Laguna into a huge plat sink if people are willing to turn in dozens of rubies to get them every time they use it?
Old 07-23-2014, 10:37 AM
Banned

can we fix rogue hide first? then we can get to item charging
Old 07-23-2014, 10:44 AM
Planar Protector

The thing I recharge the most is probably invis items for my cleric. Which will be annoying to lose. Come Velious though I'll just farm a vanishing device and it will be NP again.

I don't use caps, not nearly the extent some people do. Even if I did I can farm those really easily as a Firepot bound druid. I'm sure the price on them would increase up to about 1k~ and you'd find Insta-Gate potion vendors sold out more (you're welcome for that change by the way!).

As Ele said, Mallets will be a non-issue. It is actually cheaper to get new mallets than to recharge them. Just a tad less convenient.

Ensnare Lynunga, bring to the shaman spell vendor on hand, charm her. Turn in rubies. Rubies are 131pp, Brutechoppers sell back for 80~. You're spending about 50 per turnin. To be more expensive than a recharge it would require you go 0/7-8 on Mallets. Which does happen rarely but you will often get a mallet 1st or second ruby as well. Basically it will just change people doing their recharges in WC or NFP to doing fresh mallets in Inny Swamp after a days repops.

Without going extremely unclassic, and I mean Red99 levels of unclassic, you won't get away from people getting mallets for aggro.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaffin 7.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
can we fix rogue hide first? then we can get to item charging
Barely feel like playing my rogues anymore. Restore pickpocket to it's previous state as well. Not being able to pickpocket giants is an abomination.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:50 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Boxing and item recharging were both possible day 1 on EQ and through Velious.

Very very few people boxed, so we do not allow it to recreate the "classic experience".

An even smaller number people knew about item recharging (especially during Kunark) even compared to the # of people boxing.
You also had to pay a subscription for the accounts you wanted to box...

People come up with any excuse to box... What is with you antisocial, greedy bastards? You don't want to share loot so you wanna build your own group to beat content all by yourself? It isn't necessary to play the game!

Like you said not many people did it back then... today it would be SO different. Everyone and their mother has a shaman in this game and EVERYONE will box. The game isn't big enough.
Last edited by Bohab; 07-23-2014 at 10:56 AM..
Old 07-23-2014, 10:52 AM
Kobold

This aint Planes of Power, you wont get Shroud of Stealth here people. And this isn't about Rogues and the classic fix the devs implemented. This is about fixing something that should be fixed for the better of the server.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:59 AM
Kobold

It should be decided what is more important, the spirit of classic EQ or the exact recreation of every game mechanic from that time period.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffpuppy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This aint Planes of Power, you wont get Shroud of Stealth here people. And this isn't about Rogues and the classic fix the devs implemented. This is about fixing something that should be fixed for the better of the server.
You have no idea what your talking about. Previous hide wasnt shroud of stealth.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:08 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaffin 7.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have no idea what your talking about. Previous hide wasnt shroud of stealth.
Maybe not, but it was not classic hide. And again, this isn't a thread about Rogues, post your proof in bugs.
Closed Thread