Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 11:07 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How would you get ripped off? It isn't like they can say the spell is one thing then switch it before you click trade. (Should be able to do that though, classic and all).

If you agree to a price and later find someone selling it for less, the spell was still worth the purchase price to you at the time you paid it since you voluntarily entered into that trade.
he wants insurance against possibly having sold something for a few plat more. in short, this guy is a fucktard
Old 09-30-2015, 11:08 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How would you get ripped off? It isn't like they can say the spell is one thing then switch it before you click trade. (Should be able to do that though, classic and all).

If you agree to a price and later find someone selling it for less, the spell was still worth the purchase price to you at the time you paid it since you voluntarily entered into that trade.
I was just saying "ripped off" in the sense that I would feel like I didn't get the value out of an item I earned by being uninformed when playing tunnel quest.

So you think there shouldn't be a spell market outside of the major spells? I could see that being one possibility.
Old 09-30-2015, 11:13 AM
Kobold

I do want to express my appreciation for your civility in discussing this to both of you. You two don't seem to be ill willed, just curious.

It's just all extremely silly to me. This "economy" has the most bizarre money supply as it stands right now. To exacerbate the issue there's no financial institutions to even expand it to help level things out. In our real world (awful thing to say when talking about an mmo...), if someone needs a high priced item they can pursue financing for it. Not possible here.

My whole point is perception of a higher prices will cause barriers to newer players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if your PP has no value to you I'll be happy to lighten your load.
lol I have approximately 2k plat. My load is extremely light as it stands right now.
Old 09-30-2015, 11:13 AM
Sarnak

The demand for kunark spells when velious is the era is an issue dating back to classic live.

Here is a patch note stating increased drop rate on kunark spells http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20010327.html

Quote:
Increased the drop rate on some Kunark spells to coincide with the narrowing of the creatures carrying those spells as the game evolves.
This will be our March era patch... hopefully the devs have an idea on how they will implement this.

There is also a thread stating p99 does not correctly drop 55+ spells.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bump.

Mobs which are mid 40-50 that drop spells currently are correctly dropping 51-54 spells.

Mobs of level 51+ (who summon) in Kunark who currently drop 51-54 spells should instead be dropping level 51-57 Spells. A list of these mobs:

Sebilis Trash 51+
Chardok Trash 51+
Skyfire Trash 51+
Howling Stones Trash 51+
Black Reavers (CoM)
**Gullerback / Nezekezena / Azdalin / Phurzikon (BW)

**These mobs arent all 51 but they are regularly listed as droppers of 51-55 spells.

Currently on P99, it seems that a mob needs to be level 53-55+ to drop level 55-57 spells, this should not be the case.
thread located here http://www.project1999.com/forums/ne...eply&p=1822731

This is a big issue especially for red where kunark spells are very rare.

Hopefully this will get the needed attention.
Old 09-30-2015, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by manguard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was just saying "ripped off" in the sense that I would feel like I didn't get the value out of an item I earned by being uninformed when playing tunnel quest.

So you think there shouldn't be a spell market outside of the major spells? I could see that being one possibility.
I didn't intimate the position to not have a spell market.

Selling filler spells sucks. Mostly because people don't list prices in their /auction so there isn't much data to go by of market trends. I recently emptied out my trader's bags of a bunch of random Kunark spells for any reasonable offer since I was just going to vendor them. Didn't feel bad selling some for 50p and others for 1k after having them rot in my bags for years.
Old 09-30-2015, 11:25 AM
Kobold

Quote:

Selling filler spells sucks. Mostly because people don't list prices in their /auction so there isn't much data to go by of market trends. I recently emptied out my trader's bags of a bunch of random Kunark spells for any reasonable offer since I was just going to vendor them. Didn't feel bad selling some for 50p and others for 1k after having them rot in my bags for years.
Ele, I now love you for doing this. What a bro.

Holding on to a spell and turning away people who need them because you're not getting the price you want just boggles my mind. You most likely can't even use it, and you're preventing someone who can use it from doing so. What the hell is the point to that other than being greedy?
Old 09-30-2015, 11:28 AM
Orc

Quote:

I guess I was forcing you to answer the question(sorry) Yeah I get that it's lame to have to sell off all your 500p items AND the 500p spells but it seems like the net effect of it could be that some people don't get spells and other people don't get to profit by finding the spells except some very exclusive ones.

I just want a tstaff ok?
Old 09-30-2015, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

The whole economy on this server is totally screwed up. It is like some of the epics. It was not that hard to get a epic on live compared to on here. Yeah a Shaman and a Rogue epic is "Easy, but god help you if you are some other class. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I had a Ranger and a Druid epic on live, Mostly by my self, other than last couple of fights, 3 years in. This server is 6 F'ing years old and I have made zero effort to even try to get a Druid or Ranger epic on here. That F'ing sucks, and says a lot about this shithole servers economy on here..

God help you if you want to be a level 60 Shaman. Between gear and stupid ass spells horded by a few guilds and people perma camping shit forget that happening also. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you want new blood on here make it so they don't HAVE to join a Bat phoning, perma Rading guild to get anything worth a shit. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I am not saying make it easy, but to just keep 4 million plat in the damn Bank is sure as hell not "Classic in the time frame we are in. Christ Velious Just came out. Who the hell had that much plat, gear in that time frame on live. F'ing nobody. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So Piss on people trying to make a shipot full of plat for top end spells.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:18 PM
Banned

DoF needs to arrest this thread immediately, idea not fun at all
Old 09-30-2015, 12:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So Piss on people trying to make a shipot full of plat for top end spells.
Pretty sure manguard was trying to find a way to get a Tranquil Staff, so he's technically dealing with the same problem. It's just pertaining to an item instead of a spell.

I'm guessing that he's just trying to play by the same rules that the wealthy players created, while pointing out a problem with Kunark spells in this new era.

Like I said before he's not ill willed, just curious.