Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 10:38 PM
Fire Giant

Is that directed at me? I hardly think the US government has an interest in mass executing American civilians. Hopefully that never changes. But to act like it could never happen is naive. It has happened, and recently, in Europe.

It's not like every Stalinist or Nazi was a deranged murderer intent on killing civilians. Governments find their reasons, shovel their propaganda, and atrocities are committed. The US isn't any more immune to this than Germany or the Soviet Union were.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:39 PM
Fire Giant

^ @ tara
Old 01-10-2013, 10:40 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarathiel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
where do you think the big bad army would get an army to shoot at american civilian's anyways, i know quite a few people in the military and im pretty confident that if shit hit the fan they wouldnt be siding with the government
its called "private contractors". if you haven't noticed there has been a large private contractor force building in this country over the last 10 years. those guys dont give a shit who they shoot as long as their large paychecks keep rolling in.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMallet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and they lived in an era where owning a gun was your only method of protecting yourself
This argument has swayed me. I now realize that because I have an armed cop watching my 6 24/7/365, who cares about my life more than his own and who is trained physically and mentally to protect me, I now realize that I don't need a gun anymore. Thank you, EvilMallet. I'm going out tomorrow to give all my guns to Feinstein for destruction!
Old 01-10-2013, 10:45 PM
Fire Giant

P-1999 is infested with sad Liberals who sit in there basement's worrying about my gun's. Lol . I love it. Don't worry... I will give up my gun's.

They will be given to my kids when I die, along with the rest of my estate. =P
Old 01-10-2013, 10:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I appreciate your reasonable rebuttal and hope to engage with you again in the future.
LOL, That really did make me laugh in real life [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-10-2013, 10:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldolma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Red Dawn isn't coming, and if the government wants you dead, you're dead. But government going door to door to pull minorities and political dissenters out of their homes to be shot, as happened in multiple countries under multiple regimes in 20th century Europe? That's not happening with a well-armed populace.
I don't see any Fourth Reich rising in Australia after they banned automatic weapons in 1996.

I don't think concern about a possible future trumps concern about present day issues. I understand some do, and that's fine. I just don't see it that way.

inb4movetoaustralia
Old 01-10-2013, 10:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarathiel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
big bad government* stupid fucking rnf and its stupid fucking no editing, at least gimme 30 secs to check my grammar and spelling fuck
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Originally posted by Harrison: I repeat, what kind of pathetic pussy is too afraid to post on the forums under their character's name?
Old 01-10-2013, 11:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This argument has swayed me. I now realize that because I have an armed cop watching my 6 24/7/365, who cares about my life more than his own and who is trained physically and mentally to protect me, I now realize that I don't need a gun anymore. Thank you, EvilMallet. I'm going out tomorrow to give all my guns to Feinstein for destruction!
god DAMN you are stupid

(10:59:44 PM) Haze1: your cat is cuter than naez's confirmed
Old 01-10-2013, 11:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't see any Fourth Reich rising in Australia after they banned automatic weapons in 1996.

I don't think concern about a possible future trumps concern about present day issues. I understand some do, and that's fine. I just don't see it that way.

inb4movetoaustralia
banning guns doesnt solve anything. your just trading shootings for other forms of murder/violent crimes(and even completely banning guns will not stop gun violence, because gun bans dont effect criminals). instead of school shootings we will have school bombings(ya that sounds a lot better!!!) radical gun control is the equivalent of treating the symptoms of an illness and ignoring the illness itself. that gets you nowhere.
Closed Thread