Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: What class should I play?
Enchanter 22 25.58%
Monk 16 18.60%
Paladin 48 55.81%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 12:48 AM
Aviak

I have kids, and I made up 2 major characters to play, and I play one depending on the type of night the kids are having (I only play after bedtime).

So I made a grouping character and a solo character (and a few alts). I go back and forth, some nights all is well,and I get on one character and I group and it's fun. Other nights, I grab my Necro and solo all night.

I like variety and have several alts too. One of my requirements is an easy to learn class, if your time is limited and you may be making frequent stops, a more simple class might be worth looking into.

Oh, and fwiw: I solo'd a paladin on Live, never grouped her, and had a great time. So Paladins can group and can solo imo.
Last edited by Boombha; 03-03-2012 at 12:51 AM..
Old 03-03-2012, 12:57 AM
Planar Protector

enchanter is probably the most versatile of your choices.. can solo well later on and is always welcome in a group later on.

Getting started as a chanter might be a bit of a pain but once you hit 16 + shouldn't be any trouble with groups.

Monk would probably be the easiest of your choices to start with but get harder later on.

Paladin gonna have that exp penalty and some of the min / maxers might not group with you.. but its a solid exp tank imo. shouldn't have too much group trouble.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:29 AM
Kobold

Thanks for the great feedback, everyone. Kudos to those of you who recommended SKs; while I respect them, I do not want to play one. Just a personal preference.

I should clarify that I listed my likes/dislikes in order of importance. I play when my children are asleep, and I only ever need to AFK for 20-30 seconds to replace a pacifier. Playing an unforgiving game like Everquest while my children are awake is probably irresponsible parenting. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Based on the feedback from the first day of the poll and Boombha's post (thanks!), I made a HE paladin and a DE enchanter. Paladin gives me tanking/healing/uniqueness and enchanter gives me action/desirability/usefulness. I made a high-elf paladin in tribute to a guy I work with IRL who played a high-elf paladin on live and was in the same guild as Fansy the Bard. Check him out for some LOLs if you haven't heard of him. Also: sorry dwarves, I don't like being short.

Please keep the feedback and poll votes coming. I always enjoy reading well thought-out posts about classes and their abilities and you might convince me to play something else!
Last edited by Anesthia; 03-03-2012 at 12:19 PM..
Old 03-03-2012, 08:56 AM
Planar Protector

You have to have super high strength for Plate gear and weapons. Not counting high Sta for HP. Let alone being able to loot stuff. High elf bad idea I think. There is a reason most pallys are a Dwarf.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:21 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have to have super high strength for Plate gear and weapons. Not counting high Sta for HP. Let alone being able to loot stuff. High elf bad idea I think. There is a reason most pallys are a Dwarf.
I would recommend going human if you are starting fresh and don't want to play dwarf. Compared to High Elf, Humans start with 20 less wisdom but with 20 more strength, 10 less agility but 10 more stamina. 5 more dexterity.

At 65 STR you are going to struggle to wear armor early on and it's going to be difficult to carry a lot of loot to make money.

Dwarf is still the best race for paladin in terms of stats.
Last edited by username1337; 03-03-2012 at 02:26 PM..
Old 03-03-2012, 10:54 PM
Aviak

I solo'd a HE Paladin on live. I was able to get some items that gave me strength and it worked out okay.

It's doable, if you can get some strength gear to start you off, and if you have had other characters and have lvl'd in the past, it might not be to difficult to get some.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boombha [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I solo'd a HE Paladin on live. I was able to get some items that gave me strength and it worked out okay.

It's doable, if you can get some strength gear to start you off, and if you have had other characters and have lvl'd in the past, it might not be to difficult to get some.
And you will always be quite a bit worse than a Dwarf paladin with the exact same gear.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:30 PM
Sarnak

Erudite Paladin is the best ever!

- Eliphas Levi
Old 03-04-2012, 06:41 PM
Planar Protector

The woman clearly wanted to play an elf. You people are daft.

Let me know if you need help getting your Ghoulbane.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:14 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grozmok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not this argument again.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha I love SKs and group a lot with an ogre SK. The exp penalty is worth the aggro capabilities compared to a warrior.

I meant it as a joke with Mr. level 37 super monk grouped with 5 TSKs.