Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 01:24 PM
Fire Giant

/bump for a possible fix on the next round.

If you would like old URLs that say Malo is unresistable let me know.

Asher
Old 09-23-2012, 09:18 PM
Developer

This is the general issue where we don't know if mob immunity is supposed to trump spell unresistability (not a word). So far I don't think we've seen anything to indicate it's supposed to be one way or the other.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the general issue where we don't know if mob immunity is supposed to trump spell unresistability (not a word). So far I don't think we've seen anything to indicate it's supposed to be one way or the other.
I don't know how we are going to prove this to you. I don't recall anything ever resisting Malo at any range.

One would think that there would be discussions or mentions of mobs being immune to Tash / Malo in raid strategy. I know there are lists that tell you of snare/slow immunity and which type of spells land best on mobs but I have never seen or heard of tash / malo immunity.

I am seriously regretting giving away my EQMac account and my crapintosh when I came here.

When I have time I will try and gather more information on this.

Asher
Old 09-26-2012, 04:51 PM
Fire Giant

This strategy is pretty much what shamans did in every guild on live.

Malo --> Malosini --> Slow --> Cripple

With more shaman duties were split. Anyone who raided with a shaman on live will tell you it was and has never been resisted.

----------
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/s...10589661847967

Thunderlips

Scholar

19 posts

Cast Malo(s) first because you are sure it will hold (unresistable). Now, if additionnal casters among your team/guild still report high resits, try to overwrite with Malosinia.

When we raid, we basicaly have 1 shaman dealing with Malo(s), 1 with Malosinia and 1 with Cripple for complete debuff. First 2 shamans cast on the same time their Malo***, then the 3rd one (casting Cripple) cast his spell like 2 secs later to be sure at least Malo(s) landed. The mob is then properly debuffed. At this time, get 1 shaman to cast an "alternative" (disease) slow then 1 casting the "regular" (magic) slow.

Conclusion : If you got at least 4 shaman in your raid and do this, you'll get your mob malo'd, crippled and slowed within the first 8 sec of the fight. This simple basic tactics work ok 90%+ of the raid encounters you'll face.

Asher
Old 09-26-2012, 04:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
More importantly, do you have some legit list of mobs that are immune to Malo/Tash?
I am willing to bet you don't, so I don't know why you assume that they are immune. Mobs that are immune to changes in attack and run speeds have all been documented. There are no such lists for Tash and Malo.

Asher
Old 04-22-2013, 03:59 PM
Developer

Belly caster mobs won't resist unresistable spells when cast out of range, pending update.
Closed Thread